Who here remembers #44 D.J. Johnson?

TonyMartin80

2 hours ago, TonyMartin80 said:

He was a cornerback that came to Falcons from Pittsburgh.  He played about 3 seasons for Atlanta. He played when June Jones was here. I always liked him and thought he was cool. He was one of my favorites. 

He wore the blacked out visor! Looked badd a$$ doing it too!

I actually took my youngest son to the special fan day up in Suwanee in a stroller (he was like a year old) one year and got player signatures on 8x10's. D.J. was one of the players we got a signature from. He still has those 8x10's hanging in his room and he'll be 23 this year.

I knew I had to hook him on the Falcons when he was young. His mom is a Cowboy fan and he still has no love for the Cowboys. He actually called me a month or so ago and told me he bought season tickets for the Falcons next year so he wanted to take me to the new stadium.

8 hours ago, TonyMartin80 said:

He was a cornerback that came to Falcons from Pittsburgh.  He played about 3 seasons for Atlanta. He played when June Jones was here. I always liked him and thought he was cool. He was one of my favorites. 

Yep. Remember him. Funny you should mention him, not that long ago I watched a 1993 WC playoff game where the Chiefs beat the Steelers and Johnson was ejected from the game for throwing a punch. It ended up being his last game with the Steelers since he signed with the Falcons prior to the 1994 season.

6 hours ago, falcon1fan said:

Yeah we moved because the school systems. I'm blue all the way. Graduated from Iroquois in 95

Luckily after looking around at houses a bit we decided to rent for a year before we buy.  I think we're going to be moving out of Jefferson Co. too.  Probably east as I work off of Hurstbourne.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep. Remember him. Funny you should mention him, not that long ago I watched a 1993 WC playoff game where the Chiefs beat the Steelers and Johnson was ejected from the game for throwing a punch. It ended up being his last game with the Steelers since he signed with the Falcons prior to the 1994 season.

Wow I did not know that! Maybe that why Piittsburgh let him go

1 hour ago, kschreck said:

Luckily after looking around at houses a bit we decided to rent for a year before we buy.  I think we're going to be moving out of Jefferson Co. too.  Probably east as I work off of Hurstbourne.

Oldham co isn't bad but the Jefferson co school systems are not good in my opinion. I work in j town but live in jeffersonville because the school systems are much higher rated nationally. My son graduated last year from high school and already had an associates degree with all the dual credit courses.

*disclaimer* I graduated from Jefferson county public schools