Re-watched the 2012 Seahawks-Falcons Playoff Game Last Night

Hocus_Pocus

What struck me the most was just how much better Matt Ryan and this offense is now than it was then. We always had a good offense back in the Smitty era, but this team is just on an entirely different level. Matt has a level of confidence now that he just didn't have back then. I'm really excited to see this team in action Saturday.

Edited by Hocus_Pocus

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I watched the game from earlier this season and just stressed myself out the whole first half lol. 

Have a link for the 2012 condensed game? 

I watched it through NFL Game Pass. I believe they have a 7-day free trial if you wanted to watch it that way, though.

1 minute ago, Hocus_Pocus said:

It even hurt me to watch it! When the Falcons hit 27-7 while I was watching last night all I could think was "I can't believe we almost blow this right here."

An emotional roller coaster for all of us! I flew out from Seattle to Atlanta for that game with my 2 buddies. When the Falcons got up 27-7, we started losing interest in the game and began to talk about what kind of restaurant we wanted to eat at afterwards. Little did we know that Russ would lead such a crazy comeback. I almost cried when we went up 28 to 27...I'll admit it lol. The Falcons fan next to me was dejected at that point; I looked at him and said "dude, you don't know this Seahawks team like I do. This game is NOT over by any means." And he got mad at me and was like "yes it is, it's the same old Falcons...I've watched it for years." And I kept telling him and other Falcons fans around me, "this game isn't over! The Seahawks D at the end of games when trying to hold a lead is absolute garbage, there's still 31 seconds of football to be played!" And then after Bryant kicked the game-winning FG, I looked at the Falcons fan next to me and said "see...told you." I don't think he heard me because he was going nuts....Everyone was going crazy, me and my 2 friends got beer thrown on us from like 10 rows up lol. That game still haunts me to this day. I'll be back in ATL this weekend...super excited! Hoping for a different outcome though :)  

4 hours ago, Seahawksfan21 said:

An emotional roller coaster for all of us! I flew out from Seattle to Atlanta for that game with my 2 buddies. When the Falcons got up 27-7, we started losing interest in the game and began to talk about what kind of restaurant we wanted to eat at afterwards. Little did we know that Russ would lead such a crazy comeback. I almost cried when we went up 28 to 27...I'll admit it lol. The Falcons fan next to me was dejected at that point; I looked at him and said "dude, you don't know this Seahawks team like I do. This game is NOT over by any means." And he got mad at me and was like "yes it is, it's the same old Falcons...I've watched it for years." And I kept telling him and other Falcons fans around me, "this game isn't over! The Seahawks D at the end of games when trying to hold a lead is absolute garbage, there's still 31 seconds of football to be played!" And then after Bryant kicked the game-winning FG, I looked at the Falcons fan next to me and said "see...told you." I don't think he heard me because he was going nuts....Everyone was going crazy, me and my 2 friends got beer thrown on us from like 10 rows up lol. That game still haunts me to this day. I'll be back in ATL this weekend...super excited! Hoping for a different outcome though :)  

Emotional roller coaster for sure! Good luck on Saturday to you guys! But I'm hoping for a similar outcome.

That's a long trip out just to lose again.

:ninja:

(Have a great time at the game, man. That's dedication to come all the way across the country. Almost makes me wish it could turn out well for both sides. Almost.)

I was at that game as well. 

Sorry I threw the beer on you.......:)

Edited by Vandy

I just watched the condense version of the game myself..  couple things that stood out was

A).  Horrible tackling

B).  We seemed to stay in a cover 2 and RW3 was just picking it apart time and again

C).  The 2nd to last and 3rd to last drives of the game for us were beyond horrible..  Yeah it's smitty ball I know, but why get cute and run sweep plays rather then pound the rock North/South with Turner..  Which Ultimately lead us to those 3rd and longs.  

6 minutes ago, brando27 said:

We only have 2 players on offense and one on defense left from that game. Isn't that crazy?
Also, just one coordinator -- Keith Armstrong.

We also have Weems. And Weatherspoon on IR, however you want to count that.

But yeah, it's still pretty wild. It also tells me that we should be set with this roster for several more years. 

8 minutes ago, GTFalcon25 said:

We also have Weems. And Weatherspoon on IR, however you want to count that.

But yeah, it's still pretty wild. It also tells me that we should be set with this roster for several more years. 

Weems was on the Bears that year. We had Quizz returning kicks, for some reason.

I forgot how bad Mike Smith almost botched the end of that game.  Calling a timeout with 13 seconds left to kick the field goal instead of letting the clock run down.  Then the "squib kick" that got recovered at the 45.  He almost pizzed that one away in epic fashion.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan9 said:

I was there.  It was AWESOME.

seeing Roddy try to hand Sherman the ball after he burned him

Bryant's kick to win it

Julio's INT was right in front of me

You know, when I think about that game, I remember it ending with the Bryant field goal.

It's clearly revisionist history because I was so HORRIFIED that we'd given Seattle a Hail Mary chance.

Forgot about the Julio INT completely. Good times.

3 hours ago, Clark said:

I forgot how bad Mike Smith almost botched the end of that game.  Calling a timeout with 13 seconds left to kick the field goal instead of letting the clock run down.  Then the "squib kick" that got recovered at the 45.  He almost pizzed that one away in epic fashion.

Good grief. Smith didn't almost botch that game calling a a timeout. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Good grief. Smith didn't almost botch that game calling a a timeout. 

His timeout in combination with the lousy kick sure as **** did.  Why in the world did he call time out with 13 seconds left when he could have run the clock down to about 5?  So you are telling me that giving Seattle another chance with a hail mary doesnt qualify as almost botching the game?  You are a very delusional person if you really believe that.  Personally, I believe you just want to argue.  

15 minutes ago, Clark said:

His timeout in combination with the lousy kick sure as **** did.  Why in the world did he call time out with 13 seconds left when he could have run the clock down to about 5?  So you are telling me that giving Seattle another chance with a hail mary doesnt qualify as almost botching the game?  You are a very delusional person if you really believe that.  Personally, I believe you just want to argue.  

You act like it was a gimme FG. It wasn't 4th down, and it was as long kick. With 11 seconds left coaching staff needed to evaluate whether to try one more play to get in closer range. No decent Coach would let clock wind to -1-under those circumstances. 

Just wondering...Do you ever get anything right?

Edited by Vandy

Just now, Vandy said:

It wasn't 4th down, and it was as long kick. With 11 seconds left coaching staff needed to evaluate whether to try one more play to get in closer range. No decent Coach would let clock wind to -1-under those circumstances. 

Do you ever get anything right?

Lol, agree to disagree then.  They didnt debate shyt.  They all knew immediately they were kicking the field goal.  No more timeouts left and too many things that could go wrong trying to pick up and extra two yards. A 49 yard field goal was WELL within Bryant's range in 2012 and still is. Yet, you want to try to convince me that Smith did nothing wrong?  I bet you werent sweating those last couple plays from Seattle at all then, were you?