Dudley_Dinero

19 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

First the Saints, now the Bucs? What's going on with all this love lol

it seems Cam is the only one we have left to hate 

obviously an old artical (lol)

Cam Newton is a Falcons fan

By Reed Marks -
USATSI_7356379-696x239.jpg

In an interview last weekend with the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton admitted he is still an Atlanta Falcon fan.  Newton said he cheers for his division rival 14 of the 16 regular-season games.

“It’s always a heavily critiqued game,” said Newton in response to how tough it is playing his hometown team. “I’ve always been a Falcons fan, and I’m still a Falcons fan except for those two times a year.”

Newton’s idol growing up was Michael Vick, who quarterbacked the Falcons from 2001 thru 2007 while Newton was learning to play football and especially quarterback.  Newton has played Atlanta four times in his young career, posting a 1-3 record.  His lone victory came last season in week 14, defeating the Falcons 30-20.  After that game, Newton admitted he plays “with a chip on my shoulder” against Atlanta.

Trying to avoid controversy, Newton’s father Cecil commented to the Charlotte Observer, “Obviously with Cam, in addition to several other Panthers who have roots from Atlanta and Georgia, it’s always one of the most competitive games on that schedule,” Cecil Newton continued, “That’s obvious, and Cam is going to assert every ounce of energy that he has.”

Carolina and Atlanta will meet two times in the regular-season in weeks nine and the final week of the season in Atlanta.

5 minutes ago, Borat said:

Cam is a Falcons fan lol

Please don't give me a reason to like Cam.  Geesh, I almost liked him when I saw that blurb of him visiting that kid in the hospital with his one wish to meet Cam.  It went against the grain for me.  I have an extremely hard time overcoming that chitty side of Cam.  LOL.

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

And he grew up a Falcons fan lmao. But that makes sense, I hate most Falcons fans lol

Edit: I see that was already pointed out 

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

I'm the same way. When any NFC south team is in the playoffs and we're not I go with them. I went with Tampa, NO, and Carolina in the SB. I roll with our division anytime we're not representing and if they don't make it I go with my most liked team in the conference. I'm an NFC guy period. 

Falcons

Division

conference 

i only hate the other divisional rivals when we play them. I hate the saints the most but I actually like Tampa and Carolina. 

Mccoy's analogies of Julio are second to none:

"The thing about Julio is he's what I like to call a mutant."  

"I think he could really touch the top of the Georgia Dome if he felt like it." 

"We have a few mutants in this league, there is no way they were born by another human. Julio Jones is one of those mutants." 

"Julio Jones was born in an egg. I think he was hatched. I think they created him." 

We'll need Julio to showcase those inhuman abilities this weekend. RISE UP!

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Please don't give me a reason to like Cam.  Geesh, I almost liked him when I saw that blurb of him visiting that kid in the hospital with his one wish to meet Cam.  It went against the grain for me.  I have an extremely hard time overcoming that chitty side of Cam.  LOL.

Lol. I like Cam man. I just wish he'd play more and show off less but I do like him. I like all the qb's in our division except when they play us.