Bo Bice experienced racism in ATL

Sponge

2017 must be the beginning of black racism awareness by the media. They're running their second story this year on blacks being racist against whites. This time Bo Bice was at a Popeye's Chicken at Hartsfield airport when he was called out by a female black employee as "white boy". This was after they were making fun of his name being "Bo". The employee named "Shawana :rolleyes:" said that if he would have called the manager over to let her know she made a mistake by calling him "white boy", it would have been corrected. Yes, she needed a manager to let her know not to call white customers by their race. Bo Bice made a good and obvious point (another example of the race double standard) that if he refered to someone black as "black boy", all hèll would break loose. Then he started crying like a pssy about it. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/american-idols-bo-bice-i-experienced-racism-at-popeyes-w459015

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see two wrongs in this, her being racist and him being hypersensitive to it. Imo, Obama and Holder have made America hypersensitive to race in general for the past 5 years. Everyone is looking to be offended now and raise héll about it. I'm all for calling out these trigger-happy cops with a superiority complex but they made it a racial issue of a us vs. them mentality on the general population and calling their agenda "justice". 

4 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

2017 must be the beginning of black racism awareness by the media. They're running their second story this year on blacks being racist against whites. This time Bo Bice was at a Popeye's Chicken at Hartsfield airport when he was called out by a female black employee as "white boy". This was after they were making fun of his name being "Bo". The employee named "Shawana :rolleyes:" said that if he would have called the manager over to let her know she made a mistake by calling him "white boy", it would have been corrected. Yes, she needed a manager to let her know not to call white customers by their race. Bo Bice made a good and obvious point (another example of the race double standard) that if he refered to someone black as "black boy", all hèll would break loose. Then he started crying like a pssy about it. 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/american-idols-bo-bice-i-experienced-racism-at-popeyes-w459015

c4s_draftbo042615_15101047_8col.jpg

27 minutes ago, silentbob1272 said:

White boy is a racial pejorative. I take offense to it as well, but it should be answered with a gfys, not whining to a manager.

Is it really a racial pejorative? I mean its not like she went like "That Crackkka right there!" She pretty much described him, and had some laughs with her coworkers over his name.

I've been called Indian/Ethiopian/black/arab boy numerous times in my life as a descriptor and never felt personally wronged by it.

1 hour ago, Forever Julian said:

Is it really a racial pejorative? I mean its not like she went like "That Crackkka right there!" She pretty much described him, and had some laughs with her coworkers over his name.

I've been called Indian/Ethiopian/black/arab boy numerous times in my life as a descriptor and never felt personally wronged by it.

I wouldn't ever call a man I didn't personally know "boy" regardless of ethnicity. But that's just me. It is disrespectful to call a grown man that IMO. Again, that's regardless of race. 

PS. Bo Bice needs to nut up and stop being so dang sensitive. 

59 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I wouldn't ever call a man I didn't personally know "boy" regardless of ethnicity. But that's just me. It is disrespectful to call a grown man that IMO. Again, that's regardless of race. 

PS. Bo Bice needs to nut up and stop being so dang sensitive. 

boy is disrespectful.  

20 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

1) Racism/prejudicial behavior of any discrete group directed toward any other discrete group is wrong and should be advised against

2) Trying to draw a parallel between "black racism" and "white racism" is a dubious proposition....at best. 

Nah man, since people call people racist all the time, I need to be equally offended by all individual incidents in order to feel like I'm up on things. That's why I find absolutely no humor in Bo Bice getting called a white boy and acting like he never before considered that his race would ever be used in a pejorative targeted at himself. If anything I'm doubly offended by this incident and society robbing me of any discretion I could reasonably express in a public space regarding where this ranks next to any other potentially racist events.

That's also why I found absolutely nothing funny about Lee Daniels saying he wants his new show to make white people feel good about being white. That seemed hilarious for any number of reasons, but society says no laughing, only outrage, so once I figure out how that makes me outraged, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I'm pretty big on if you find it offensive yourself, don't peddle it onto others. Of course this is a racial insult, we've all heard stories of young whites calling old black men "boy" in the old South, now the trend has been reversed and is intended just as belittling, racist, and f***** up.

You guys love Urban Dictionary for perverted ****. I don't believe that anyone does not know this.

Urban Dictionary wrote:

White boy:

>the slang term for white people used by black people, the same black people that would get offended if a white person called them a Brotha Man

>Derogotory term used by blacks to refer to caucasian peoples.If you call a black person "black boy", they say its racist but they refer to caucasian males as "white boy".

>Usally a term used bye a race other then white. Can be used in a derogatory manner, but not always. Sometimes it's just used to call out to a white person in a non derogatory way.

>durogitory term used to describe a white male.

>A racist reference toward any Caucasian male. It has the same degree of derogation as the word "Brotha Man".

>A turm used To demasulate a White man By inplying that other races of men are men and whites are boys!

>Any White man who allows Him self to be called a white Boy by so called friends or associates is week and lacks self esteam and deserves exploitaion

>a person that is white, does not have to be a boy, usually a deragatory and rascist term

That's funny... I was super respectful to my ex wife and her family, even after she told me they wouldn't like me because she's dating a white guy (she's Hispanic). They grew to love me, still very much do, and I still talk to them regularly so they can have a relationship with our kids. My ex wife on the other hand immediately took to calling me "stupid azz white boy" as soon as we separated, sometimes even in front of our kids. I began dating a girl who had mixed kids of her own and my ex referred to her kids as mutts because they are half white and black. Some people are just stupid but hide their racism well. 

As for this Bo Bice guy... he handled this like a chump. Probably wanted unsweetened tea or smsht.