Jump to content

"Repealing" Obamacare...campaign rhetoric meets political reality.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, big_dog said:

Republicans version of Affordable Healthcare Act is the Avoidable Healthcare Act.  :rolleyes:

My reality with ObamaCare

I am at home today sick & because I now have a $5,000.00 deductible I really can not afford to go to the doctor. I need to save the hundreds of dollars the visit to the doctor will cost me in case one of my two children gets sick & they need to go to the doctor. 

ObamaCare has hurt me & my family & dozens of millions more. We are looking forward to once again having a co-pay, a deductible & doctor visits that we can afford. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dozer said:

My reality with ObamaCare

I am at home today sick & because I now have a $5,000.00 deductible I really can not afford to go to the doctor. I need to save the hundreds of dollars the visit to the doctor will cost me in case one of my two children gets sick & they need to go to the doctor. 

ObamaCare has hurt me & my family & dozens of millions more. We are looking forward to once again having a co-pay, a deductible & doctor visits that we can afford. 

That sucks.  My decuctible I think is 3k-5k. Did you have an HSA option?  We are using that.  

 

 

millions hate it, millions like it.  It depends on who is impacted in your circle how you feel.  It's been very positive in mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's ridiculous how so many in here are criticizing what Republicans MIGHT do with healthcare while not being willing to admit that the current system sucks

what we have now is a disaster and that blame falls under Obama's administration

while I agree Republicans have had plenty of time to already have a plan to present to the public, it really isn't relevant especially if you aren't willing to criticize the current healthcare system

if the Republicans don't do anything, or fail to repeal and replace at the same time, or put in a system that is just as bad then it will be on them but ignoring the disaster that Obamacare is while blaming Republicans for what they haven't done yet (especially since the administration hasn't even changed yet) is just straight out hypocritical partisanship 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dozer said:

My reality with ObamaCare

I am at home today sick & because I now have a $5,000.00 deductible I really can not afford to go to the doctor. I need to save the hundreds of dollars the visit to the doctor will cost me in case one of my two children gets sick & they need to go to the doctor. 

ObamaCare has hurt me & my family & dozens of millions more. We are looking forward to once again having a co-pay, a deductible & doctor visits that we can afford. 

Is your insurance through your employer?  Because I'm not sure how you can blame Obamacare for the deductibles being higher if you're not going through the exchanges.  Perhaps Obamacare didn't do enough to address that, but the only thing being promoted as an alternative at the moment is health savings accounts, which wouldn't get you back to a copay and lower deductible.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Is your insurance through your employer?  Because I'm not sure how you can blame Obamacare for the deductibles being higher if you're not going through the exchanges.  Perhaps Obamacare didn't do enough to address that, but the only thing being promoted as an alternative at the moment is health savings accounts, which wouldn't get you back to a copay and lower deductible.  

Dude, high deductible plans are now the norm.  They represent the majority of health plans today, as opposed to a very small 10-20% share before the ACA was passed.  People are getting forced into these plans because traditional co-pay plans have become uncompetitive.  We're all getting forced into these plans, whether we like them or not, because they're the only way we as a society can afford the monthly premiums associated.  It's ridiculous, and as Dago said, it's the Obama administration's fault.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we end up going back to 20 million without insurance and letting insurance drop you at any time or refuse service based on pre existing conditions then anyone who voted for Trump can go **** themselves as your ignorant leader loves to say.

How can anyone justify this crap? Letting insurance companies literally go back to being death panels who get to decide a persons fate based on if that person is a profit risk.

The GOP has tried to repeal ACA for 6+ years and have yet to come up with a concise plan that they have presented to the country. It is pretty obvious they don;t care about a replacement plan and simply want to **** people in the name of corporate profits.

Personally I don't care how they tweak/adjust ACA as long as coverage is guaranteed if you want it and insurance companies can't play with people's lives based on their own profit margin. Removing the mandate would cause lots of problems but also you can;t have profit based companies making life or death decisions based on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, Billy Ocean said:

Obamacare did nothing to address health care costs, or improve quality or change health care's dysfunctional delivery system.

It was chiefly designed to benefit the private insurance industry. 

Really just a terrible piece of legislation all the way around.

Problem is it did ALOT of things right by not allowing insurance companies to drop you on a whim and prevented denial based on pre existing conditions. Also the concept of having insurance means more people will get preventive care is the correct concept.

If whatever plan the GOP comes up with accounts for this I don;t care what they do. However nothing they have presented so far leads me to think they will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

If we end up going back to 20 million without insurance and letting insurance drop you at any time or refuse service based on pre existing conditions then anyone who voted for Trump can go **** themselves as your ignorant leader loves to say.

How can anyone justify this crap? Letting insurance companies literally go back to being death panels who get to decide a persons fate based on if that person is a profit risk.

The GOP has tried to repeal ACA for 6+ years and have yet to come up with a concise plan that they have presented to the country. It is pretty obvious they don;t care about a replacement plan and simply want to **** people in the name of corporate profits.

Personally I don't care how they tweak/adjust ACA as long as coverage is guaranteed if you want it and insurance companies can't play with people's lives based on their own profit margin. Removing the mandate would cause lots of problems but also you can;t have profit based companies making life or death decisions based on it.

Is it really a mandate when the penalty is $50 and there are still 30,000,000 uninsured?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kicker said:

Is it really a mandate when the penalty is $50 and there are still 30,000,000 uninsured?  

It's not like Dems could have it setup with any more teeth, it barely got passed in the first place. It is not an ideal plan by any measure but it could certainly be tweaked without destroying the parts it does well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

It's not like Dems could have it setup with any more teeth, it barely got passed in the first place. It is not an ideal plan by any measure but it could certainly be tweaked without destroying the parts it does well.

 

The parts that do well? :lol: Unless a person is being subsidized or fully covered they are not doing well.  You took insured Americans who could actually afford to go to the doctor with very little out of pocket money and made it virtually impossible for them to either pay the high premiums or pay the exorbitant deductibles.  So on paper you could say they had inusrance, but wtf good is it if they really cannot afford to use it.  

Okay, I'll play along for you, keep preexisting conditions, you cannot lose your healthcare due to serious illness, and fine, keep children onto their 26 (they don't go to the doctor hardly anyways) there, everyone should be "happy" with the good stuff in the ACA being carried over to a new policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

If we end up going back to 20 million without insurance and letting insurance drop you at any time or refuse service based on pre existing conditions then anyone who voted for Trump can go **** themselves as your ignorant leader loves to say.

How can anyone justify this crap? Letting insurance companies literally go back to being death panels who get to decide a persons fate based on if that person is a profit risk.

The GOP has tried to repeal ACA for 6+ years and have yet to come up with a concise plan that they have presented to the country. It is pretty obvious they don;t care about a replacement plan and simply want to **** people in the name of corporate profits.

Personally I don't care how they tweak/adjust ACA as long as coverage is guaranteed if you want it and insurance companies can't play with people's lives based on their own profit margin. Removing the mandate would cause lots of problems but also you can;t have profit based companies making life or death decisions based on it.

so all you care about is that people have something called insurance....doesn't matter if they still can't afford the costs of healthcare. that is insane and just goes to show that Americans were victims of the biggest bait and switch in history

and you are worried about insurance companies profit margins? all the ACA did was set up a system funnel nearly unlimited money into the medical industrial complex 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Is your insurance through your employer?  Because I'm not sure how you can blame Obamacare for the deductibles being higher if you're not going through the exchanges.  Perhaps Obamacare didn't do enough to address that, but the only thing being promoted as an alternative at the moment is health savings accounts, which wouldn't get you back to a copay and lower deductible.  

Please get a clue. I live in the real world where nothing is free. 

You remind me of that James Brown song, "Talking loud & saying nothing."

The sooner ObamaCare is repealed & replaced the better me, my family & the other 300+ million Americans will be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Okay, I'll play along for you, keep preexisting conditions, you cannot lose your healthcare due to serious illness, and fine, keep children onto their 26 (they don't go to the doctor hardly anyways) there, everyone should be "happy" with the good stuff in the ACA being carried over to a new policy.

Yes if the GOP plan kept these items intact then I'd be fine with what they purpose.

Edited by MAD597
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dozer said:

Please get a clue. I live in the real world where nothing is free. 

You remind me of that James Brown song, "Talking loud & saying nothing."

The sooner ObamaCare is repealed & replaced the better me, my family & the other 300+ million Americans will be. 

What will it get replaced with that will improve upon Obamacare?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Yes if the GOP plan kept this intact then I'd be fine with what they prupose.

All reports out of the GOP are that the GOP plan will keep those elements, as they are the most popular elements.

But don't  expect CNN or the other msm outlets to inform you of what they don't want you to know. 

Do you want the govt. to tell you which car insurance you have to buy? That's exactly what ObamaCare did to our health insurance. Additionally it does not allow for insurance companies to compete with one another over state lines, so there is no competion within its marketplace. That is always bad for us consumers & why the GOP has pledged to fix it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dozer said:

All reports out of the GOP are that the GOP plan will keep those elements, as they are the most popular elements.

But don't  expect CNN or the other msm outlets to inform you of what they don't want you to know. 

Do you want the govt. to tell you which car insurance you have to buy? That's exactly what ObamaCare did to our health insurance. Additionally it does not allow for insurance companies to compete with one another over state lines, so there is no competion within its marketplace. That is always bad for us consumers & why the GOP has pledged to fix it. 

So if they keep the ban on preexisting conditions, how are they going to keep people from waiting until they are sick before getting insurance?  

And eliminating the basic requirements for insurance policies will result in policies that pay out for almost nothing when somebody gets sick.  Do you want to go back to that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dozer said:

All reports out of the GOP are that the GOP plan will keep those elements, as they are the most popular elements.

But don't  expect CNN or the other msm outlets to inform you of what they don't want you to know. 

Do you want the govt. to tell you which car insurance you have to buy? That's exactly what ObamaCare did to our health insurance. Additionally it does not allow for insurance companies to compete with one another over state lines, so there is no competion within its marketplace. That is always bad for us consumers & why the GOP has pledged to fix it. 

The GOP has tried to repeal ACA for 6+ years yet have NEVER presented a comprehensive agreed upon replacement plan. So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. This is NOT CNN's fault this is the GOP's fault for not coming up with a comprehensive replacement plan

Edited by MAD597
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

The GOP has tried to repeal ACA for 6+ years yet have NEVER presented a comprehensive agreed upon replacement plan. So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. This is NOT CNN's fault this is the GOP's fault for not coming up with a comprehensive replacement plan

Including two years as the majority party in Congress.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

The GOP has tried to repeal ACA for 6+ years yet have NEVER presented a comprehensive agreed upon replacement plan. So forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. This is NOT CNN's fault this is the GOP's fault for not coming up with a comprehensive replacement plan

Why do you think they are doing it now? Because it will pass. What difference would it have made? Obama would have vetoed it because it would be admitting his failure. 

Anyway wait & see. The GOP is doing the dems a favor & bailing them out of ObamaCare because our country can not afford it. It will be repealed & replaced with a free market solution, not one that is mandated to us by the federal govt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dozer said:

What difference would it have made? Obama would have vetoed it because it would be admitting his failure. 

Anyway wait & see. The GOP is doing the dems a favor & bailing them out of ObamaCare because our country can not afford it. It will be repealed & replaced with a free market solution, not one that is mandated by the federal govt. 

So they passed over 60 bills to repeal Obamacare, but they couldn't be bothered to come up with an alternative?

And why don't they take any of those 60 bills that repealed Obamacare and pass it immediately?  You now have a president who will sign it and it can obviously pass Congress...it's already passed 60 times.  Why are they screwing around?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...