Shanny not going anywhere?

droopy1592

With those tweets I'm not so sure he's leaving. We've all speculated back and forth with some saying he would stay unless it's the right fit and others saying he would leave at the chance to be a HC.

I think he'll stay personally. You don't get a roster like this every year plus Matt is on fire and they work well together, plus it seems like he gets a lot of say in our offensive personnel.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going to make his decision by measuring his current job as OC vs a potential job as HC. 

He's going to make his decision based on whether he gets an offer from a franchise that has what he's looking for. If Denver wants him, they'll get him. Elway has proven he'll do what it takes to acquire a legit QB and that D gives any new HC a chance to win quickly. They were 9-7 this year and would have made the playoffs if they played in any other decision (instead they played two 12-4 teams twice). I'm just not sure if Shanahan is who Denver will offer.

Jacksonville has a lot of young talent and the expectations will be a lot lower. If he thinks he can make Bortles into a legit QB that can lead a playoff team OR get assurances on how the Jaguars will acquire a legit QB, he could easily end up there.

Being an OC of an historic offense is nice, but it's not on the same level as being the HC of an NFL team.

I would breathe a sigh of relief if Kyle didn't end up in Denver. I think Wade stays if he comes in, and could function as assistant head-coach. He would be the one to actually rally the guys while Kyle would be a glorified OC. If Kyle can get that offense to top-10 like he is prone to doing, they steamroll the field back to the Superbowl.

Edited by FalconAge

14 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

With those tweets I'm not so sure he's leaving. We've all speculated back and forth with some saying he would stay unless it's the right fit and others saying he would leave at the chance to be a HC.

I think he'll stay personally. You don't get a roster like this every year plus Matt is on fire and they work well together, plus it seems like he gets a lot of say in our offensive personnel.

That's quite a stretch to read into all of the that based on some 'tweets'....

The Jags

Just now, Kaptain Krazy said:

He's not going to make his decision by measuring his current job as OC vs a potential job as HC. 

He's going to make his decision based on whether he gets an offer from a franchise that has what he's looking for. If Denver wants him, they'll get him. Elway has proven he'll do what it takes to acquire a legit QB and that D gives any new HC a chance to win quickly. They were 9-7 this year and would have made the playoffs if they played in any other decision (instead they played two 12-4 teams twice). I'm just not sure if Shanahan is who Denver will offer.

Jacksonville has a lot of young talent and the expectations will be a lot lower. If he thinks he can make Bortles into a legit QB that can lead a playoff team OR get assurances on how the Jaguars will acquire a legit QB, he could easily end up there.

Being an OC of an historic offense is nice, but it's not on the same level as being the HC of an NFL team.

This ^

He's not going to pass up am opportunity like a Denver because he has it good here as an OC. I would say if Denver offers him, he takes it.

There are only 32 of these positions in the entire world and successful coaches generally have an ego that makes them think they can succeed anywhere if given the chance...certainly Denver is a prime opportunity and he wouldn't pass it up if they offered. 

I'm not sure what Jax needs is a first time HC though... Smitty might be the perfect choice for them.

15 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Elway tweeted about their other interviews as well. Seems like he's just being courteous, so I wouldn't read much into that tweet one way or the other. I think we'll know by this time next week if Shanahan is their guy. I know they can't hire him if we're still playing, but if they haven't already made a hire by then, it probably means they're waiting for our season to end. 

I would just like to point out how much of a turnaround he has made for this team and its fans. A year ago over half this board wanted him fired including me, now we are on the edge of our seats wondering if he's staying or not.

I personally hope he stays for a long time.

11 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Elway tweeted about their other interviews as well. Seems like he's just being courteous, so I wouldn't read much into that tweet one way or the other. I think we'll know by this time next week if Shanahan is their guy. I know they can't hire him if we're still playing, but if they haven't already made a hire by then, it probably means they're waiting for our season to end. 

Pretty much. If they think Shanahan is their guy they can just do what we did while waiting for Quinn to become available.

3 minutes ago, Shnikies said:

I would just like to point out how much of a turnaround he has made for this team and its fans. A year ago over half this board wanted him fired including me, now we are on the edge of our seats wondering if he's staying or not.

I personally hope he stays for a long time.

I hated him a year ago no lie. To his detriment, he got his players that fit his scheme and has absolutely taken the league by storm. Everyone has no choice BUT to agree w that statement too which is the funniest part

I think the only job he really wants is the Denver job, and apparently Miami's DC Vance Joseph is the front runner, in SF it is Riddick/McDaniels,for the Bills it is probably their OC Anthony Lynn ,the Jags are looking at Mike Smith and Doug Marrone, Chargers at Matt Patricia(though to me this would be Kyle's perfect landing spot) and who would want the Rams job with Goff as your Qb. So i think there is a realistic chance he stays

Edited by Falcon form E

Denver is the best landing spot, but LA is an underrated job.  Good defensive parts, young QB and RB, patient owner (I mean, Jeff Fisher got 6 friggin years), nice weather, etc.  I know they're short on draft picks, but that's still a decent start. Were they ever able to interview him?

4 minutes ago, Falcon form E said:

I think the only job he really wants is the Denver job, and apparently Miami's DC Vance Joseph is the front runner, in SF it is Riddick/McDaniels,for the Bills it is probably their OC Anthony Lynn ,the Jags are looking at Mike Smith and Doug Marrone, Chargers at Matt Patricia(though to me this would be Kyle's perfect landing spot) and who would want the Rams job with Goff as your Qb. So i think there is a realistic chance he stays

Goff will be alright though I think he'll have a career trajectory like Alex Smith's. At any rate I'd prefer to go to the Rams, even with all their issues and lack of draft picks, over the 49ers, who are a ******* train wreck at all levels.

If he doesn't get offered the Denver job, the only other place he might go to is the Rams. But they missed interviewing him so they're going to have to wait awhile. I've always said he's gone, but it looks like there is a chance he doesn't get an offer if Denver doesn't offer him.