Scott's FalconsWire Mock 1.0

19 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I dunno about TE.

Tell you what I'm liking the look of Perkins for us if I'm honest that catch against Carolina showed me something there.Hes sneaky athletic and can get down field catch in traffic man I'm not sure l really like the TEs on the roster we got at the moment.

Only Perkins and Hooper are under contract for 2017 and 2018 right now. Falcons need someone to add to the roster at a minimum to compete with Tialavea. It's all about the 90-man and competition.

12 hours ago, Scott Carasik said:

Only Perkins and Hooper are under contract for 2017 and 2018 right now. Falcons need someone to add to the roster at a minimum to compete with Tialavea. It's all about the 90-man and competition.

Yes they are but I'd resign Toilolo for cheap and keep going with the guys we already got.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:11 AM, Scott Carasik said:

My Falcons Wire Mock 1.0. Some of y'all might love the first couple of picks.

http://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/09/2017-nfl-draft-first-7-round-falcons-mock-draft/

Solomon Thomas will go in top 15.  This is almost same situation as Aaron Donald when everyone thought that year the Falcons could get Donald w/ our early 2nd round pick.

Forget Solomon Thomas unless you plan to "go get him" by trading up.  He's gone - off the board.

4 hours ago, Scott Carasik said:

It's a 5th round pick. You draft it and use it to enhance your depth. He's not starting.

The combo and further development of Hooper and Perkins though pretty much cover our issues we have had at TE though.If we were going to add a guy I'd wait for the waivers or get another development prospect much later.As I feel these 3 we have now a pretty decent and cover us what is required really well.

16 hours ago, FalconsFan#241 said:

Solomon can be had at our pick. DT and DE prospects will rise and needs will take over.

Falcons will select a DT...or a FS.

The Falcons lack a run-stuffer.... If the lack of one at DT or MLB costs The Falcons in the playoffs... They draft one or the other in the 1st round, IMHO.

Shelby will return, but he's one of those interchable DE to DT types.

If Hageman plays well in the playoffs, it may be less likely.. I still see them taking one for salary cap reasons alone.

A 1st round DT could be cheaper, and has more upside long-term.