Seattle @ Atlanta this week

whitekb011

Ok, I've watched all Falcons games and have watched Seattle @GB, Wildcard, AZ, and ATL (3-4 times).  Here are my observations.

Seattle Offense -- RW is not playing like he did 2 years ago.  The OL is does not move in one unit and allows push back and penetration, even on role outs. Rawls is a decent runner, but nothing out of this world; however, his backup Collins has skills.  There WR dropped passes in key situations in our game and had a terrible game against GB.  Outside of our game, Jimmy Graham does not look like the Jimmy Graham with NO; however, he too put up a lot of yards against us in our early meeting this year.

Seattle Defense -- When we played them, it seemed as though number 20 and number 35 where the ones we did the best against.  I noticed in several games, they have a weekness on wide stretch runs to the right side of the offense. Not often, but they are susceptible to misdirection.  If the rush does not get to the QB, they can be had over the deep middle.  When the blitz, the RCB, gets beet deep on a "Go" rout (see GB game).

What are our Chances?

Offensively, this game is going to come down to our OL, against their front 4 (remember, Bennett was out about 6 min left in 3rd against us) and our Defense's ability to stop the run and make Russel Wilson move, especially to his left.  

We will be playing at home and we almost beat them in their place so that gives me some confidence, but these two teams are different now.  If we get the running game going early, look out, we could blow this out.  If not, this will be a grind out type of game, and I do not like out chances with that type of game, even in our house.

The Falcons need to get up for this game, because if we win and we go to Dallas, that is a game I feel very good going into.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, ShmevinShmarris said:

********. The only reason seattle had a running game last night is because they were able to doubleteam Detroit's interior. You won't see that **** fly against us. 

Not that I'm super impressed by Detroits defense but why would that work against the Falcons defense?

Stat wise Detroit had a better defense than the Falcons and it's not like we're all world on the interior d-line.

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Not that I'm super impressed by Detroits defense but why would that work against the Falcons defense?

Stat wise Detroit had a better defense than the Falcons and it's not like we're all world on the interior d-line.

It's not about the stats. It's about the alignments of the front four. Detroit was so focused on exterior pressure and containing Wilson that their alignment allowed them to get gashed consistently. 

Edit: Not to mention Atlanta is a better tackling team then then Lions. Lions had Rawls in the backfield at least three times and they let him get away for positive yardage. Most specifically was on Ziggy when he gave up outside contain and Rawls bounced it. 

Seattle's running game doesn't worry me at all. I'm only worried about Graham and Baldwin on deep crossing routes. 

Edited by ShmevinShmarris

Seattle isn't going to lay down for anyone.  With or without Earl. That being said, I think we're the overall better team.

I'll take Atl 28-23. 

I'm not going to take Seattle lightly. Their pass rush is extremely talented, they're very athletic on both sides of the ball, and Wilson is still a very special player. With all that said, if we're the real deal, this is a game we should win.