Seahawks and Falcons - Who's Hot, Who's Not?

Posted this on the Seahawks MB too, but all I've really been getting is a lot of "we have a SuperBowl, you don't" and "Matt Ryan sux in the playoffs lol" so I figured I'd post it here instead. It's like SaintsReport over there, swear to God...

Falcons are allowing 17.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, ie since the bye week, against the #2, #6, #13, #15, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #15 to #16 offense, so a just barely above average range of offenses, and good for showing their marked improvement.

Seahawks are allowing 19.83 points on defense over the last 6 games, against the #4, #6, #15, #18, #27, and #32 scoring offenses. That rounds out to about the #17 offense, so just barely below average range of offenses.

Hmm. Funny.

Especially since every single game you played was against a common opponent of ours...and the Falcons went 6-0 in those games, considering where they were played, and the Seahawks went 3-3.

Even more interesting is that the Falcons averaged 36.67 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 28 and 33, against the Chiefs and Panthers defenses.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks averaged 22.5 points over their last 6 games, with their lowest two output totals being 5 and 10, against the Packers and Buccaneers defenses.

Odd that we would be confident outscoring our opponents 36.67 to 17.83 the last 6 games, while you outscored yours 22.5 to 19.83. Utterly baffling.

6 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Posted this on the Seahawks MB too, but all I've really been getting is a lot of "we have a SuperBowl, you don't" and "Matt Ryan sux in the playoffs lol" so I figured I'd post it here instead. It's like SaintsReport over there, swear to God...

Yeah, glad you posted that. I wanted to make a post similar, but I didn't want to go and figure out all the stats. lol.

2 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

@Falcan Moore

Saw that posted on the SeaHags board...crickets.

They just want to talk about how playoffs aren't the same and haven't offered any rebuttals. I don't care too much. It's because they're afraid. They know they don't have any real arguments, so they want to fall back on history.

Our defensive points allowed number is inflated because of the Saints 2nd half, too, but no big deal. Still more impressive than theirs. This'll be a fun game Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

They just want to talk about how playoffs aren't the same and haven't offered any rebuttals. I don't care too much. It's because they're afraid. They know they don't have any real arguments, so they want to fall back on history.

Our defensive points allowed number is inflated because of the Saints 2nd half, too, but no big deal. Still more impressive than theirs. This'll be a fun game Saturday.

Love how they use the bye week excuse, and then talk crap about beating us and holding Atl. to 24 points.  Atlanta was on a two game west coast swing.

Now we have the bye and they have to travel...can't wait for this game.

Just now, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Love how they use the bye week excuse, and then talk crap about beating us and holding Atl. to 24 points.  Atlanta was on a two game west coast swing.

Not to mention, they were coming off their bye to face us, while we just came off facing Denver on the road. And were down several players. This time, we have the upper hand in terms of injuries, home field, bye, and just generally being hotter, and...

BUT BUT NO, SUPERBOWL, MATTY CHOKED

15 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Don't forget Richard Sherman dry humping Julio's leg whilst he pinned his arm to his side, which pretty much guaranteed a loss (not saying it guaranteed us a win, mind you, but that no call made sure they did win).

57 minutes ago, QuinnTorris said:

My hate for Seattle and their fans is quickly rising to Carolina, and New Orleans levels. They have the arrogance of a franchise that has more than just one **** SB win. 

I've lived in Seattle for 5 years and they are spoiled.  Doing the same thing now they did in 2012... telling us how they were gonna come to Atlanta and win.

Made same claims to Panther fans last year.

Seattle hasn't won road divisional since 1983.

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Seahawks fans are very bandwagonish. I know several who stopped following last year during their slump. 

A lot of those Fans were once cowboy fans in the ealry 90s..  Then Broncos fans in the Late 90s...  Then Rams fans in the early 00s..  Then Pats fans..  Now they're Seahawks fans..  Funny how many teams they bounce around to..  Their yard sales must be filled with old Jersey's..  Nflshop must love those fans though because they keep them in business..

I get so annoyed when I keep hearing folks say Matt sucks playoff times. Have they bothered to watch Matt in 2012 playoffs? Matt played at an all pro level that year.

he had struggles in other years (pretty good in 08) and only one playoff win overall but the last time wasn't in Matt. He played outstanding 

5 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Add all of this to the fact that we've blown out every team we've played a second time and I think we have reason to feel good about Saturday. 

Seahawks get away with far too many penalties when they play at home, hopefully the officials call a fair game in the Georgia Dome. In that game earlier in the season against Seattle, Richard Sherman got away with so many penalties covering Julio it was ridiculous, and all the NFL Analyst kept saying "They should'nt call those penalties and they should just let them play", I don't agree with that, that's like saying "Just let them cheat" because if the calls aren't fair for both teams then it's not like just letting them play. 

I saw Herm Edwards talking about the Seahawks vs Falcons game earlier this morning and he said that he thought the only way the Seahawks can win against the Falcons is if they can methodically control the clock by running the football and keep the Falcons offense off the field. Herm said if it's a shootout type of game that he didn't see the Seahawks having a chance of winning. We shall see.... Falcons can run the football too...... 

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one example of what happened in that game earlier in the season, and this one cost the Falcons the game. 

Edited by GeorgiaFalconFan

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I get so annoyed when I keep hearing folks say Matt sucks playoff times. Have they bothered to watch Matt in 2012 playoffs? Matt played at an all pro level that year.

he had struggles in other years (pretty good in 08) and only one playoff win overall but the last time wasn't in Matt. He played outstanding 

Ryan had better numbers in the 2012 playoffs than he did in the regular season-more yards &,TDs per game, better YPA & QB rating. He raised his game in the playoffs. I expect him to do that again this year.

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Agreed. For whatnot's worth, Ryan's career passer rating in playoffs Is 85.2...,almost identical to Steve Young and Ben Roethlisberger. Considerably higher than Jim Kelly, Dan marino, and John Elway. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

Edited by Vandy