The Seattle "Controversy"

I for one have never heard the word Controversy used so many times in a single game to describe so many plays.. I wish I had counted. 

I thought catchgate was bad, I thought armbar gate was bad.. tonight was facemask gate, etc...The lions got a raw deal, blocks in the back by Wilson and multiple others, holding, roughing the passers.. truly astonishing.. 

i will no longer refer to that team as the Seahawks.. they will forever be the Seattle Controversy. **** the NFL for allowing this **** to blatantly happen.. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I for one have never heard the word Controversy used so many times in a single game to describe so many plays.. I wish I had counted. 

I thought catchgate was bad, I thought armbar gate was bad.. tonight was facemask gate, etc...The lions got a raw deal, blocks in the back by Wilson and multiple others, holding, roughing the passers.. truly astonishing.. 

i will no longer refer to that team as the Seahawks.. they will forever be the Seattle Controversy. **** the NFL for allowing this **** to blatantly happen.. 

I have never heard the word used so many times and associated with one team as the Seahawks. 

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Wait till next weekend... They will add to it.. Goodell's striped goons will be in full force.

This is exactly the reason i thought us getting the #2 seed was essential to our success.  If we had to go to Seattle again and face them in the playoffs i don't see us beating them there because of the Refs.  But they are a completely different team on the road where the refs don't give them the same treatment at all.  In our house we are the better team and will prove it next saturday considering even with the 12th and 13th man last time around we had them beat in their stadium outside of a massive screw job.

I'm a huge skeptic of controversies in the NFL..  I think if you're a good enough team then the ref's shouldn't be able to affect the outcome of the game.  I understand a bad call can kill momentum, but I always found the ref controversies kind of a cop out.  Same goes for the Pats..  Just because you're a successful team doesn't mean you cheat.  The Pats do the same things all other NFL teams do, only difference is they're the Pats..  I mean we pumped crowd noise into the Dome and no one calls us cheaters..  but technically it is cheating..  Difference is we haven't had the great amount of success the Seahawks and Pats have had..

4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Seattle--the City of Swallowed Whistles.

3 hours ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

I'm a huge skeptic of controversies in the NFL..  I think if you're a good enough team then the ref's shouldn't be able to affect the outcome of the game.  I understand a bad call can kill momentum, but I always found the ref controversies kind of a cop out.  Same goes for the Pats..  Just because you're a successful team doesn't mean you cheat.  The Pats do the same things all other NFL teams do, only difference is they're the Pats..  I mean we pumped crowd noise into the Dome and no one calls us cheaters..  but technically it is cheating..  Difference is we haven't had the great amount of success the Seahawks and Pats have had..

That's nice you clearly didn't watch that game lol

7 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

That's nice you clearly didn't watch that game lol

Oh no, I was commuting to work and working so I only watched bits and pieces..  But it's like that with any NFL game..  refs don't decide the game.. They don't catch passes, throw passes etc.  Lions lost that game..

3 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

Oh no, I was commuting to work and working so I only watched bits and pieces..  But it's like that with any NFL game..  refs don't decide the game.. They don't catch passes, throw passes etc.  Lions lost that game..

So you are saying bogus calls have never affected the outcome of a game?  I've seen teams get 5 downs as the clock runs out and they score the go ahead TD. Last night Tate was held up on a 3rd down deep in Seahawks territory, catch would have gave them 1st and goal instead had to settle for a field goal. Calls last night was lopsided check the stats, that effects the game.

19 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

No it isn't.

Not at all.

What happens in Seattle on a regular basis and what happened last night is not "like that with any NFL game".

This almost makes me think you've never seen a full game played at the CLink.

21 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

The refs turned a blind eye to at least 4 penalties on game changing plays.. I watched the whole thing as did the majority of posters. Lions got a raw deal dude. Is what it is 

24 minutes ago, Golden State Dirty Bird said:

Can't catch a pass when being tackled from behind.. 

1 minute ago, Abeasley27 said:

But let's not discount how many opportunities the lions lost due to drops also! I watched most of both games yesterday and yes while there were a TON of missed calls the receivers dropped so many passes that weren't contested it was pathetic.

True the did drop passes but Seahawks got away with hwy robbery on multiple drives and 3rd down stops 

The game last night wasn't decided by the refs, but by Detroit not being able to stop the run. Seattle gashed them on the ground.

That said, the officiating was appalling. The game would have been a lot closer and maybe had a different complexion if the Seahawks were not allowed to get away with murder. The touchdown catch was impressive, but the receiver nearly broke the DB's neck grabbing his face mask. Can't imagine how the ref didn't see it, but they tend to go blind up there.

14 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

So you are saying bogus calls have never affected the outcome of a game?  I've seen teams get 5 downs as the clock runs out and they score the go ahead TD. Last night Tate was held up on a 3rd down deep in Seahawks territory, catch would have gave them 1st and goal instead had to settle for a field goal. Calls last night was lopsided check the stats, that effects the game.

Never said Bogus calls never affect the outcome of a game..  If the Lions WR's didn't drop passes..  Stafford hit open WR's and the Lions were able to stop Seattle's running game maybe they could have won..  Yeah ref's make bad calls, sometimes more times then others..  But to say the sole reason why Seattle won this game was because of bad calls is wrong..  The Lions played bad football at the end of it all..  Just like the game we lost earlier this year at Seattle..  If we played 4 quarters of good football we would have easily won..  We didn't..  that blown PI call on Julio would have never been a factor.  Honesty I was more mad at Julio for dropping that pass on the slant route that Earl Thomas picked off then the missed PI call..  At least that was in our control..  

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

True the did drop passes but Seahawks got away with hwy robbery on multiple drives and 3rd down stops 

Oh I won't deny that, but I think if you're a professional and your QB hits you in the hands with no one within 3-5 yards of making a play you should catch it. There were also a lot of erratic throws which I assume would make the receivers start to wonder am I fixing to get knocked out or do I have a real chance to catch it. Still their job so they should still catch it

There is a powerful Illuminati living in Seattle who is a fan.  They are somehow allowed to abuse their power of influence on games there to help the Seahawks.  Thankfully most cities have powerful Illuminati that will not allow that garbage to happen and the game will be played fair and square.   Best I got for explaining the bull$hit that happens at that place.