CFP National Championship Game - Clemson vs Alabama

Carter

Figured we should get this one going since the game is on Monday.

Bama players are really stretching themselves out with some ridiculous "underdog, we're disrespected" talk. It's very weak.

OJ Howard has a quote on ESPN. It's stupid.

"It's kind of a slap in the face when you do something well all year and then your parents give the gift to your little brother and he just got an F on his test," he said. (link)

I don't know how this quote applies to this situation at all. If anything, this garbage shows that Bama does not respect Clemson. They are really making a big deal out of people giving the #2 team in the country, which lost 45-40 in this game a year ago, a chance to beat #1. Clemson just dominated Ohio State while Alabama looked like crap against Washington. How exactly does Clemson "the little brother" represent someone who got an F on his test... and what exactly is the gift?

Something tells me Saban is battling some entitled attitudes.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why Alabama honestly cares what the media says lol. Alabama has accomplished more in this nine year stretch than most teams have accomplished in their history. Someone is going to end this run Alabama is on, and it could be Clemson. Clemson is a very good team with some very good pieces on offense. If they don't win it this year, who knows when they will get back? Alabama just wants something to be fired up about honestly. 

I think Clemson will play a very good game. Ultimately though, I think Alabama will make a play or 2 on defense to win the game. 

31 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I don't get why Alabama honestly cares what the media says lol. Alabama has accomplished more in this nine year stretch than most teams have accomplished in their history. Someone is going to end this run Alabama is on, and it could be Clemson. Clemson is a very good team with some very good pieces on offense. If they don't win it this year, who knows when they will get back? Alabama just wants something to be fired up about honestly. 

I think Clemson will play a very good game. Ultimately though, I think Alabama will make a play or 2 on defense to win the game. 

That's what I'm saying... Alabama has won and won, they are favored to win this one but these guys feel the need to voice some Jordanesque beefs with the media doing what the media does in selling the game. I mean yeah whatever it takes to get all the way up for the game, I get that, but some of these comments are over the top and reek of Saban fueling the fire with his rants about the media not knowing what they're talking about.

I think most people are tuning in just hoping to see Bama lose anyway. It's not even a disrespect thing imo (although plenty of fans talk trash). Everyone knows how good Bama is, especially on defense. At this point I think the Bama fatigue is so high everyone who isn't a Bama fan is just waiting for them to stumble.

I'm hoping for a good game myself and don't particularly care who wins as I really don't want either team to win. One of them must though, so I just hope it's a fun game. Bama has the defense at another level this year, but I think Clemson is good enough on defense themselves to make it very tough on Hurts. Clemson will need to be on the positive side in turnovers to have a chance and I don't really like their chances of that with how turnover happy Watson has been this year. It will be interesting to see if Clemson opens things up a bit more for Watson to use his legs.

5 hours ago, Carter said:

That's what I'm saying... Alabama has won and won, they are favored to win this one but these guys feel the need to voice some Jordanesque beefs with the media doing what the media does in selling the game. I mean yeah whatever it takes to get all the way up for the game, I get that, but some of these comments are over the top and reek of Saban fueling the fire with his rants about the media not knowing what they're talking about.

I think most people are tuning in just hoping to see Bama lose anyway. It's not even a disrespect thing imo (although plenty of fans talk trash). Everyone knows how good Bama is, especially on defense. At this point I think the Bama fatigue is so high everyone who isn't a Bama fan is just waiting for them to stumble.

I'm hoping for a good game myself and don't particularly care who wins as I really don't want either team to win. One of them must though, so I just hope it's a fun game. Bama has the defense at another level this year, but I think Clemson is good enough on defense themselves to make it very tough on Hurts. Clemson will need to be on the positive side in turnovers to have a chance and I don't really like their chances of that with how turnover happy Watson has been this year. It will be interesting to see if Clemson opens things up a bit more for Watson to use his legs.

completely agree. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Because these boys have pride that's why they care so much. They were told well Washington's defense/offense could keep up with them so the game could be close etc. What happened Alabama dominated Washington is what, and the sad part as I've explain to my father if not for Lane Kiffin going cute the final score should have read 51-7 between them. They have nothing against Clemson it's just give respect where it's due, and that's the main thing a lot of people seem to miss.

I'm beginning to lead towards Alabama dominating Clemson, and I don't think it will be as close as last season. If they don't my final score is something like 34-21 Alabama. If they do come out with an axe to grind it could get uglier real fast. 

9 hours ago, Carter said:

Fatigue with any winning team is natural. Alabama is winning at a historic level right now. I think a lot of Alabama people are still bitter after how the Alabama loss to Ole Miss was perceived to the media after last year. Either way, I just hope Alabama wins, and I think they will, but it will be close. The turnover battle is going to determine a lot of things like you alluded to 

It would seem to be a good game coming up.  I don't believe the Bama offense is nearly as good as Clemson's so the Bama defense better have the game of their life, because the Clemson defense is pretty dadgum good itself when they get it clicking and I expect them to stifle the Bama offense pretty well.