SI.com's 2017 NFL First Rd Mock Draft

Sponge

SI.com's  2017 NFL Mock Draft 

None other than KoG's personal favorite 

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/04/2017-nfl-draft-first-round-myles-garrett-cleveland-browns-mitch-trubisky-san-francisco-49ers

No. 29 Atlanta Falcons: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Pairing Walker alongside Vic Beasley would make Dan Quinn very happy. The defensive guru hasn't been able to match the success he had in Seattle, but adding a player like Walker (with long arms, very active hands and a physical stout frame) could help. 

490382390.jpg

37 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

SI.com's  2017 NFL Mock Draft 

None other than KoG's personal favorite 

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/01/04/2017-nfl-draft-first-round-myles-garrett-cleveland-browns-mitch-trubisky-san-francisco-49ers

No. 29 Atlanta Falcons: Demarcus Walker, DE, Florida State

Pairing Walker alongside Vic Beasley would make Dan Quinn very happy. The defensive guru hasn't been able to match the success he had in Seattle, but adding a player like Walker (with long arms, very active hands and a physical stout frame) could help. 

490382390.jpg

He hasn't been able to match his success in Seattle because it's his second year. The 29th pick also says something. I do like the pick!

12 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Who do you prefer?

Garrett and Allen lol

But in all seriousness I'm still looking at the DE prospects. At this point all I really know is that the top of this class is loaded and, specifically, the top of the edge rushing class is loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Barnett fell just enough, just because not every one will be drafting an edge rusher, to make the front office look around and wonder if they should pull the trigger to trade up to get him.

10 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Garrett and Allen lol

But in all seriousness I'm still looking at the DE prospects. At this point all I really know is that the top of this class is loaded and, specifically, the top of the edge rushing class is loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Barnett fell just enough, just because not every one will be drafting an edge rusher, to make the front office look around and wonder if they should pull the trigger to trade up to get him.

I like Barnett, a lot. I like the highlights of Walker but if he has motor concerns... I'm not sure that's something that can be fixed by coaching. 

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Garrett and Allen lol

I'm pretty sure we're going to trade up this year. Just have a feeling. Someone like Malik Hooker, Solomon Thomas, or Derek Barnett will slip around to the 20 spot, where it shouldn't take near as much capital to move up...and I'd love it, tbh.

1 minute ago, Falcan Moore said:

I'm pretty sure we're going to trade up this year. Just have a feeling. Someone like Malik Hooker, Solomon Thomas, or Derek Barnett will slip around to the 20 spot, where it shouldn't take near as much capital to move up...and I'd love it, tbh.

The front office has a pretty good track record with trade ups in the first.  

1 minute ago, Falcan Moore said:

I have a vision of one of Thomas or Barnett being available at #10 and the Saints are licking their chops to get that player... but then Goodell announces that the Bills have traded their pick and the Falcons are now on the board. :troll:

20 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Garrett and Allen lol

They have Barnett mocked at 9 to the Bengals. I know it's way too early right now for predictions but he would have to fall big time according to SI for us to have a shot at 29.

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

They have Barnett mocked at 9 to the Bengals. I know it's way too early right now for predictions but he would have to fall big time according to SI for us to have a shot at 29.

Happens every year. Lotulelei, Floyd, and Richardson all fell out of the top 10 when they were projected to be there in 2013. This is one of the best classes I've ever seen for DE/EDGE. Sure a lot better than last year. 

Also, don't think he'd fall to 29, but in the 15-22 range is all we'd need for a trade up to be reasonable for him, Hooker, Thomas etc if you ask me. Someone has to slip. Draft is too loaded.

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'm not talking about one of those players falling into the 20s. I'm talking about a slip into the 10-15 range, not because they weren't worth a top 10 pick but because the top of the class simply has that many blue chip prospects. ****, in any other year Barnett and Thomas would be considered the best edge rusher of that class but since they're in the same class as freaks of nature like Garrett and Allen there is a possibility of them slipping out of the top 10. This isn't even taking into consideration of players like Williams which some team may pick up simply because he's a better fit for what they do.

This draft has all the hallmarks of being crazy as ****. :lol: