Jump to content

Some Players I Really Love Right Now


Recommended Posts

1st Round Options

DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State - Sr. 6'2" 273 lbs. 

  •  Would be a very nice fit in the Bennett role opposite Beasley. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hW1W4OEPpI&t=54s

 

Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida - rJr. 6'2" 297 lbs. 

  • Florida connection, interesting to see if Quinn likes him. Love his quickness off the ball. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCG3gt-QgVw&t=91s

 

2nd Round Option

Desmond King, FS, Iowa - Sr. 5'10" 203 lbs. 

  • Corner at Iowa, but lack of elite speed can produce a very nice transition to FS at the next level. Don't let height fool you, Earl Thomas is also 5'10". 

 

Edited by WiscoFalcon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Walker can be good when he gets off the snap well so he can take full advantage of his strength and swim move. What I cannot overlook with him, however, is that he is consistently slow of the snap which makes him easy to block and move out of the way. I also don't know if he just stops trying or if he's gassed but he also appears to let up on a lot of plays.

He's the type of player I want to like but I just can't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WiscoFalcon said:

1st Round Options

DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State - Sr. 6'2" 273 lbs. 

  •  Would be a very nice fit in the Bennett role opposite Beasley. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hW1W4OEPpI&t=54s

 

Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida - rJr. 6'2" 297 lbs. 

  • Florida connection, interesting to see if Quinn likes him. Love his quickness off the ball. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCG3gt-QgVw&t=91s

 

2nd Round Option

Desmond King, FS, Iowa - Sr. 5'10" 203 lbs. 

  • Corner at Iowa, but lack of elite speed can produce a very nice transition to FS at the next level. Don't let height fool you, Earl Thomas is also 5'10". 

 

Wis, how King compare to Eddie Jackson from Indiana?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Walker can be good when he gets off the snap well so he can take full advantage of his strength and swim move. What I cannot overlook with him, however, is that he is consistently slow of the snap which makes him easy to block and move out of the way. I also don't know if he just stops trying or if he's gassed but he also appears to let up on a lot of plays.

He's the type of player I want to like but I just can't.

Yeah I get that same vibe. I want to like him but he's not a first rounder IMO. Too much of a tweener without the traits needed to be a good edge player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is still a little early to know where a lot of these guys will come off the board. Right now someone I like that should go in the range we will be drafting in is

Chris Wormley DT Michigan rSr 6-5 302

He can play DE and DT.

Here is the blurb SI has about him in their DT rankings. It is from this article.

http://www.si.com/2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Wormley is listed here despite playing mostly end for Michigan because his size and powerful style fits—he can help set the edge on early downs, then kick inside to pass rush if his next team so chooses.

Edited by Sobeit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Sobeit said:

It is still a little early to know where a lot of these guys will come off the board. Right now someone I like that should go in the range we will be drafting in is

Chris Wormley DT Michigan rSr 6-5 302

He can play DE and DT.

Here is the blurb SI has about him in their DT rankings. It is from this article.

http://www.si.com/2017-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Wormley is listed here despite playing mostly end for Michigan because his size and powerful style fits—he can help set the edge on early downs, then kick inside to pass rush if his next team so chooses.

If DQ and the brass find a DT they like in the first, I am all for it, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...