LMAO, Doug Farrar, of Bleacher report, has Ryan tenth best QB this year, behind Palmer, Bradford, Newton

falconidae

If anyone ever asks you why you don't pay any attention to Bleacher Report, show them this:

"Aaron Rodgers was the top-ranked quarterback at midseason, and he only pulled further away over the second half of the campaign. His Week 16 outing against Minnesota was the best performance of any quarterback all year, and his 300-yard, four-touchdown game against Detroit in Week 17 wasn't far off. Rodgers may not win the MVPhe can thank his receivers for thatbut he deserves it more than any other signal-caller. 

The likely MVP winner at this point appears to be Atlanta's Matt Ryan, whose numbers have been inflated by an outstanding supporting cast. Julio Jones has been brilliant when available, but more importantly, coordinator Kyle Shanahan's play-callingcombined with an impressive offensive line and pair of great running backshas put Ryan in position to throw from wide-open pockets of space into wide-open pockets of space. Ryan was also lucky with bad throws that could (or should) have been interceptions."

Not even mad, as if Rodgers didn't have any dropped INTs or, somehow, Nelsons 97 catches and 14 TDs didn't "inflate" Rodgers numbers.

But  Sam Bradford, Newton [this year], Palmer, Tannehill, Luck? I mean, you can make an argument for Brady, Rodgers and Brees, but really, why would I take you seriously  when you have Bradford ahead of Ryan?

Normally, I link to sites, and I will if a mod tells me I have to, don't think this man deserves the clicks.

bleacher report 2017 qb ranking nonsense.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Insane.

I've always been amazed at how little time Ryan has compared to QBs like Brady, and how few "wide open" receivers we've had generally compared to other teams (Ryan is usually throwing everything contested.)

This year, we have a line between 10th and 15th best, and we do have a scheme with open guys, and Ryan is being penalized.  It only counts for him if he has the worst line and all injured receivers.

1 minute ago, BirdFan33 said:

Looks like someone who spends too much time playing Madden. I don't care what some unimportant blogger thinks. We know what our team is capable of, this guys opinion means less than nothing. Even if it was positive. Don't care. 

Understand, this was just such an egregious lapse of common sense that I thought it deserved a thread.

Just now, falconidae said:

has put Ryan in position to throw from wide-open pockets of space into wide-open pockets of space....

Say someone that has obviously never watched a Falcons game. 

While the Oline is improved this year Ryan extended a lot of plays with his legs and took a ton of hits after delivering the ball.

Just now, EVIL Dan Quinn said:

So now that ryan is enjoying the same perks as the "elite" qbs.. protection, receivers who make plays,  good play calling...

He's just along for the ride. 

Exactly, as I pointed out, Jordonn had a better year than Julio in catches and TDs, yet, somehow, that doesn't invalidate Rodgers accomplishments.

If he'd had Ryan 3rd, wouldn't have posted this, would have just ignored him, but 10th, really?

So according to this moron, a quarterback's success is mitigated when he has quality players on his team?

By that logic, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw and Roger Staubach all sucked, and Archie Manning was the greatest quarterback who ever lived.

"The likely MVP winner at this point appears to be Atlanta's Matt Ryan, whose numbers have been inflated by an outstanding supporting cast."

lol. That outstanding supporting cast are cast offs like Gabriel, Robinson, Levitre, Chester and Tamme. Players no one else wanted.

Remember when the whole sports world said Sanu was overrated and wasnt a true number 2 receiver? 

I wonder does that outstanding supporting cast include virtually unknown players like Hardy, Toilolo, Ward, Josh Perkins, and DJ.

Ryan has clearly elevated his play and the players around him this season.

36 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

'outstanding supporting cast'

This kills me.

I don't know about you guys but we were so lucky pick up Sanu, Robinson, & Gabriel this offseason because soo many other teams were trying to sign them.

/purple

That made me giggle as well.  I'm sure this moron had no idea who Gabriel, Robinson, Hardy, Williams, Hooper, Toilolo, etc. we're before the season and still may not know.

Julio for as great as he is had a down year by his standards.  So much hate for Matt, it's pretty embarrassing for these people.  They look so dumb.

Posting this article to discredit the argument that Matt threw into wide open spaces all season. He actually threw into tight coverages more than Aaron Rodgers, and came away with results almost as good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000769130/article/cam-newton-leads-nfls-top10-most-aggressive-qbs

The Next Gen Stats metric we're using to compile this ranking is "percentage of passes thrown into tight windows." The Next Gen Stats tracking data defines a tight window as one where the quarterback's targeted wide receiver has less than a yard of separation from the nearest defender.

9) Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons (21.1 percent of his passes)

Considered by many to be an MVP favorite after a wildly successful statistical season, Matt Ryan's placement here among the Top-10 most aggressive quarterbacks only adds credence to his case. Ryan attempted 21.1 percent of his passes into tight coverage during the regular season and came away with great results. His 49.5 completion rate on such throws only trailed Aaron Rodgers and Russel Wilson among quarterbacks who threw more than 200 passes. Ryan was absolutely lethal at deconstruction defenses in the short areas, as his 60.9 completion percentage ranked third-best. Yet, one of the most striking stats from Ryan's potential MVP campaign was his NFL-high 135.4 passer rating on deep passes (20-plus air yards). It's even more impressive when you note that he was still regularly testing deep coverage on deep throws. Ryan attempted 31.1 percent of those passes into tight windows and never threw an interception. If the Falcons quarterback walks away with MVP honors to commemorate what was a remarkable bounce-back season, it will be well-deserved.

3 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

lol. That outstanding supporting cast are cast offs like Gabriel, Robinson, Levitre, Chester and Tamme. Players no one else wanted.

Remember when the whole sports world said Sanu wasnt a true number 2 receiver? 

I wonder does that outstanding supporting cast include virtually unknown players like Hardy, Toilolo, Josh Perkins, and DJ.

Ryan has clearly elevated his play and the players around him this season.

Stole this to cram it down their throats