How does everyone one feel about Devin Fuller?

4 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Because he's been an awesome special teams player, just not when he's returning. He's a great gunner, but let's be honest - Eric Weems doesn't have an explosive bone in his body.

I think cj Goodwin is turning into a pretty solid gunner that guy is always one of the first people on the ball. Lightning quick 

LOL at some of you guy knocking Weems returning kicks and punts. You really should just go to NFL.com and look at the stats. Compare him to those who are right around the same number of returns and see how close he is.

Punts for example, he's at 11.4 yard per return average. for the guys who are right there in the same range of number of returns, there's a range of a high of 13.9 to a low of 7.8. He's had a long of 73 yards? I don't remember that one, must have been during one of the games I couldn't watch.

for KO, his average was 23 yards for the 17 times he tried to return it. 

but I do believe the most important number is fumbles, a grand total of ZERO

here's the link, go study it some.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=KICK_RETURNS&d-447263-s=PUNT_RETURNS_AVERAGE_YARDS

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Y'all gotta stop taking Weems being replaced in the wrong way. He's a Pro Bowler as a gunner, but not a return guy. We need a threat in the return game, similar to Tyreek Hill.

I don't agree that we need a threat in the run game...tho it would be nice to have one. The offense doesn't struggle to move the ball....having someone that insures the possession remains with the team matters more to me.

Weems had a 73 yard return against the raiders, and a nice return to almost midfield the next week against the saints. But besides those I don't remember him having another good return until the 49ers game. I think most guys wanted him off of return duty after we got pinned inside the five so many times in the first panthers game.

Fuller showed exceptional potential in his preseason debut, a steal at #7. But, once healthy, he now has to work his way up the chain of 'proven' talent on the Falcons roster. Fuller could replace Robinson next year at #5 Receiver, if they do not resign him. Otherwise, thinks he gets first shot at pushing Weems off the roster.

I'm curious about him.  I hope he turns out well, but you don't want to prevent adding talent, waiting for an unproven late round guy.  We'd know a lot more about him if he hadn't injured himself, obviously.  I'd treat him like a new UDFA next year.

He fills that same role as Robinson and Gabriel.  I'd hope we sign both of them back (especially Gabriel), draft a receiver at some point (likely late) and let it shake out in practice.