Matt Ryan, Vic Beasley, Julio Jones - Made All Pro 1st Team (Update - Mack made 2nd Team)

FentayeJones

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/matt-ryan-named-first-team-all-pro-confirming-hes-mvp-favorite/

Matt Ryan named first-team All-Pro, confirming he’s MVP favorite

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 6, 2017, 12:20 PM EST
Getty Images

If there were any doubt that Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is the favorite to win the NFL’s Most Valuable Player award, that doubt was erased today.

The Associated Press has announced that Ryan is the first-team All-Pro quarterback.

Given that the All-Pro team is selected by the same 50 voters who select the MVP, it seems highly likely that Ryan will win the MVP award as well.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr and Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott all have been named as MVP candidates as well, but the voters prefer Ryan. If the MVP goes to a non-quarterback it would likely be Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, although in today’s NFL it’s awfully tough for a non-quarterback to win the MVP. Quarterbacks have won the MVP award in eight of the last nine years.

The MVP will be announced on the night before the Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, kevykev21 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/06/matt-ryan-named-first-team-all-pro-confirming-hes-mvp-favorite/

Matt Ryan named first-team All-Pro, confirming he’s MVP favorite

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 6, 2017, 12:20 PM EST
Getty Images

If there were any doubt that Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is the favorite to win the NFL’s Most Valuable Player award, that doubt was erased today.

The Associated Press has announced that Ryan is the first-team All-Pro quarterback.

Given that the All-Pro team is selected by the same 50 voters who select the MVP, it seems highly likely that Ryan will win the MVP award as well.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr and Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott all have been named as MVP candidates as well, but the voters prefer Ryan. If the MVP goes to a non-quarterback it would likely be Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, although in today’s NFL it’s awfully tough for a non-quarterback to win the MVP. Quarterbacks have won the MVP award in eight of the last nine years.

The MVP will be announced on the night before the Super Bowl.

I hope so, but that's still reading too much into it, because it presumes that those who voted for Matt as All Pro would also vote for him as MVP, not just over Brady and Rodgers, but also Elliot.  It might take only a few Ryan all-pro voters choosing Elliot as their MVP to swing the vote to Brady.  Not to mention the ability of writers to contort their minds around stupid narratives like, "yeah, Ryan was the best QB so I voted him all pro, but it doesn't mean he was the most valuable."  

3 minutes ago, BrockSamson said:

I hope so, but that's still reading too much into it, because it presumes that those who voted for Matt as All Pro would also vote for him as MVP, not just over Brady and Rodgers, but also Elliot.  It might take only a few Ryan all-pro voters choosing Elliot as their MVP to swing the vote to Brady.  Not to mention the ability of writers to contort their minds around stupid narratives like, "yeah, Ryan was the best QB so I voted him all pro, but it doesn't mean he was the most valuable."  

• "Since 1987, the first-team All-Pro nomination has accurately predicted the NFL MVP"

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/1/6/14182538/matt-ryan-for-mvp-an-interview-with-football-outsiders-scott-kacsmar-aaron-rodgers-tom-brady

Everyone take a moment to wrap your heads around the fact that Matt Ryan is first team all pro, and most likely league MVP.. after years of noodle arm, choker, and all that other stuff, and the 2015 season which looked like he was heading on a downward spiral.. what a come back. 

A really smart guy once asked us to bookmark something...

Posted January 23, 2014 · Report post

Here is a list so book mark it

Ryan will never finish top 3 in yards , Passer Rating or passing TDs

Ryan will never win a MVP

Ryan will never be on ALL PRO team

I'm still waiting for Ryan to have a 100 Passer Rating season lol

#traderyanforpicksdraftjohnnyfootball

14 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I'm an Atlanta fan, I set myself up for disappointment. It's what we do.  But, I really hope the All Pro/MVP trend continues, and it annoys me that it's even been such a debate because it is really clear that he's the deserving MVP this year.

Edited by BrockSamson

3 minutes ago, cooperbh said:

A really smart guy once asked us to bookmark something...

Here is a list so book mark it

Ryan will never finish top 3 in yards , Passer Rating or passing TDs

Ryan will never win a MVP

Ryan will never be on ALL PRO team

I'm still waiting for Ryan to have a 100 Passer Rating season lol

#traderyanforpicksdraftjohnnyfootball

Was waiting for this.....I say unban just so we can trash him. I'm interested in the new goal posts too.