Micheal Wilbon espn -- seems pod

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Question for the whiners in ATL who I doubt will answer honestly; If you had to draft a QB to use for this next month: Brady or Matty Ice?

Better yet is either team still in the playoffs if you take the guy off the team.

The Pats would still be in the playoffs thanks to that defense.

The Falcons would be looking at a top 5 pick without Ryan thanks to our defense.

Edit:  The ironic thing is if Wilbon watched the Falcons games instead of looking at stats and highlights he would understand how valuable Ryan is.

Taking his question literally, obviously I'd rather Matty Ice. No way Brady could learn the playbook and get acquainted with his teammates in a week.

Its incredible that Wilbon has decided to pick on our QB in a year where Moore, Cook and Osweiler are starting in the playoffs. 

I won't watch PTI again - until Matt wins Super Bowl MVP and they're forced to talk about it.

9 minutes ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Question for the whiners in ATL who I doubt will answer honestly; If you had to draft a QB to use for this next month: Brady or Matty Ice?

Brady.  Because he has won 3 Super Bowls in the past.  What does that have to do with THIS SEASON'S MVP award?  

This time last year, I would've taken Brady over Cam Newton for the next month of Playoffs as well.  That doesn't mean Brady earned the MVP above Cam last season.  I also would've rather had Brady in the playoffs over Adrian Peterson the year AP won it.  I also would've taken Brady over Peyton Manning in the Playoffs all of those years Peyton won it because Brady had a far better record performing in the Playoffs.  Unfortunately for all of you Brady and Rodgers homers, the MVP award is not given to whomever has played big in past seasons or in past Playoffs.  It's awarded to whomever did the most THIS SEASON, before the Playoffs, without ANY consideration of past seasons.  I would take a healthy JJ Watt over any other DE in the league for the next month, but that doesn't mean he earned DPOTY "this season".

In other words, your argument is ridiculously stupid.  

They're replaying it on 680.  This is funny for several reasons.

Steak said, (as I said the other day) that when he talked of people being fired, etc. he was "playing TV". 

It's still funny to me that people got sucked into this so easily.  I think it's because Wilbon is a relatively well respected journalist and doesn't really go the troll route unless talking about Atlanta.

10 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Brady.  Because he has won 3 Super Bowls in the past.  What does that have to do with THIS SEASON'S MVP award?  

This time last year, I would've taken Brady over Cam Newton for the next month of Playoffs as well.  That doesn't mean Brady earned the MVP above Cam last season.  I also would've rather had Brady in the playoffs over Adrian Peterson the year AP won it.  I also would've taken Brady over Peyton Manning in the Playoffs all of those years Peyton won it because Brady had a far better record performing in the Playoffs.  Unfortunately for all of you Brady and Rodgers homers, the MVP award is not given to whomever has played big in past seasons or in past Playoffs.  It's awarded to whomever did the most THIS SEASON, before the Playoffs, without ANY consideration of past seasons.  I would take a healthy JJ Watt over any other DE in the league for the next month, but that doesn't mean he earned DPOTY "this season".

In other words, your argument is ridiculously stupid.  

agreed.   Wilbon made a weak argument on PTL and he won't back down from it so he is diminished and must use the crutch of Brady's greatness and past accomplishments to support his argument for Brady-MVP.  What is silly is, if you don't want Matt, at least argue Aaron Rodgers as he had 2nd best season.

Wilbon is a tool.  I hope Matt wins the MVP, goes to SuperBowl and outduels Brady.

As I have always maintained, for the national media to change their narrative on Atlanta, nothing short of a SuperBowl victory will do - whether Matt wins MVP or not.

Also, I think the anti-Ryan crowd have already conceptualized this years playoffs and probably see Falcons stumbling out of gate and a Patriots/Packers SB.

The MVP is a REGULAR SEASON AWARD.  If Wilbon or others want to argue postseason, rhen the award should be changed and voted on after the Superbowl.

Matt is the regular season NFL MVP for 2016 - PERIOD!!!

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

agreed.   Wilbon made a weak argument on PTL and he won't back down from it so he is diminished and must use the crutch of Brady's greatness and past accomplishments to support his argument for Brady-MVP.  What is silly is, if you don't want Matt, at least argue Aaron Rodgers as he had 2nd best season.

Wilbon is a tool.  I hope Matt wins the MVP, goes to SuperBowl and outduels Brady.

As I have always maintained, for the national media to change their narrative on Atlanta, nothing short of a SuperBowl victory will do - whether Matt wins MVP or not.

Also, I think the anti-Ryan crowd have already conceptualized this years playoffs and probably see Falcons stumbling out of gate and a Patriots/Packers SB.

You are right.  "Journalists" like Wilbon give very little credit when credit is due.  Any time Atlanta has success there is always a "yeah, but" statement in there.  When we falter, there is always a "See, I told you."  Wilbon is the absolute worst about it and always has been.

Just now, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Bud, that was from Wilbon not me.. Looks like I forgot to paste his name.... Matty is my guy and Man Cave is full of him and Falcons...

yeah I explained it to him already.  In fairness to Sked, it was not obvious bu the way you posted it wit no quotes, context or reference to who said it.

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

It's so weird to see everybody have such visceral reactions to this. 

Why are people turning the 2016-17 MVP award into a referendum on the entire career of the respective QBs? Geez. 

I don't think it is weird at all.  There has been a build-up for a long time of Falcons fans feelings of disrespect.  Every so often, a journalist goes just a little too far and does what DQ refers to as "set i off".

This is what Wilbon did.  Maybe for ratings, maybe for attention, maybe because he hates Atlanta, maybe he just truly feels that way.  Nevertheless, all the Atlanta guns are pointed in Michael Wilbon's direction - and rightfully so.

15 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The MVP is a REGULAR SEASON AWARD.  If Wilbon or others want to argue postseason, rhen the award should be changed and voted on after the Superbowl.

Matt is the regular season NFL MVP for 2016 - PERIOD!!!

Oh they have.  I saw on a comments section of a CBS article about Ryan being the best choice for MVP a clown say

"You know why they call him Matty Ice?  Because that's what he looks like he's stuck in when he tries to move around in the pocket!"