Matt Ryan MVP

nomak

Yeah the offical one shouldn't be out until after the conference championships.

Still most of the major sporting publications seem to be giving him at least their versions of the award I think he's looking like a pretty safe bet at this point

Just thinking, players say these things don't matter to them but you know deep down it does... If Matt Ryan got snubbed (a lot of if's here still be played out) if we went to the Superbowl and played the Patriots I hope it would give Matt Ryan additional fire to prove the sports writers wrong by beating Tom Brady and the Patriots.  With that I hope he wins the award and he gets his ring.

Edited by james b

I did a quick tally of voters who have explicitly stated their vote, and here are the results:

Peter King - Matt Ryan

Don Banks - Matt Ryan

Pete Prisco - Matt Ryan

Jenny Vrentas - Tom Brady

Tom Curran - Tom Brady (He called it a "protest vote" for Brady's unfair punishment)

Adam Schein - Derek Carr

The race is pretty close, but it's possible Matt Ryan doesn't win it. Even though a lot of in-house sports panels are largely voting Matt Ryan, most of these panels consist of non-voters. The actual voters may vote differently, and from these numbers Matt Ryan is definitely not winning by a landslide. Granted, it's a small sample though.

3 minutes ago, freefall said:

Ryan would be the first Falcons to win the MVP?  That's our QB guys.  Treasure him while he is still around.  Hopefully he can bring home a Lombardi trophy before he is done.

Yea I'm pretty sure he would.  Man one thing that would still be crazy to me is having Matt Ryan and Cam in our division each with one mvp while Brees has none.  Lol I know that stings the stains. 

2 minutes ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

Yea I'm pretty sure he would.  Man one thing that would still be crazy to me is having Matt Ryan and Cam in our division each with one mvp while Brees has none.  Lol I know that stings the stains. 

Can't believe Brees doesn't have a MVP trophy.  Personally I think he is as valuable to NO as any player for their team through out the years. 

3 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I did a quick tally of voters who have explicitly stated their vote, and here are the results:

Peter King - Matt Ryan

Don Banks - Matt Ryan

Pete Prisco - Matt Ryan

Jenny Vrentas - Tom Brady

Tom Curran - Tom Brady (He called it a "protest vote" for Brady's unfair punishment)

Adam Schein - Derek Carr

The race is pretty close, but it's possible Matt Ryan doesn't win it. Even though a lot of in-house sports panels are largely voting Matt Ryan, most of these panels consist of non-voters. The actual voters may vote differently, and from these numbers Matt Ryan is definitely not winning by a landslide. Granted, it's a small sample though.

Some voters I heard explicitly

Chris Collinsworth - Tom Brady

Tom Silverstein - Aaron Rodgers

John Lynch - He eluded to Ryan but never committed that I heard

Pat Kirwan - Tom Brady

Gary Meyers - Derek Carr

Ira Kaufman - Matt Ryan

Boomer Esiason - Matt Ryan

Jarrett Bell - Aaron Rodgers

Chris Berman - Eluded to Brady

4 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Pat Kirwan - Tom Brady

Gary Meyers - Derek Carr

Ira Kaufman - Matt Ryan

Lindsay Jones alluded to Ryan when she shared the USA Today MVP vote on her twitter

Edited by likeriver

6 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Pat Kirwan - Tom Brady

Gary Meyers - Derek Carr

Ira Kaufman - Matt Ryan

Actual votes aren't released are they? So, any of these people could vote for Ryan and claim they voted for Brady, or vice versa. I'm thinking that a Boston sportswriter might loudly proclaim Brady was the NFL and then quietly vote for Ryan.

The loudly proclaiming part keep him in good with his fans/keeps the clicks coming to his paper/website, the  quietly voting for Ryan  is just the right thing to do.