Holy Cow Playoff Tickets Are Expensive

Yeah no kidding. I haven't been back to a postseason game since I dropped 200 so sit in the nosebleeds surrounded by Packer fans and watch Rodgers go ham on us back in the divisional round 2010.

Granted I'd love to be there this could be a special year, but more power to you guys who can afford it. All I'm gonna spend this post season is on a 30 rack and a few gambling slips :ninja: 

I paid $700 for 2 tickets to the 2004 playoff game against the Rams. probably oe of the most memorable times I've had in my life. I was sitting w/ 2 crunk *** females  and we were the only ones goin wild in the section. We had a lot of fun.

1 hour ago, slamee101 said:

From what I can tell the Falcons tickets are still cheaper than most other NFL tickets.  Even in the playoffs.

Still trying to decided if I'm going to get tickets for next week but the ticket price AND airfare are what's making me hesitant.

If I remember correctly I think the NFL decides the playoff ticket price and not the club.

Back when I was a season ticket holder there was always a significant jump in playoff ticket prices and regular season ticker prices and I recall that's how it was explained to me.  There was also a time when the Falcons would charge you for both tickets, (Championship game is MUCH more expensive), with no 'pay as they play' option they implemented later.

You would end up paying full price for tickets to BOTH games and then the Falcons wouldn't make the playoffs but the balance would transfer over to your season ticket account which would be a significant amount towards the balance.

But if you're going to buy playoff tickets to the Falcons game you need to do it BEFORE the Seahawks game.  Once the other team's fans jump in there are less tickets and they are more expensive.

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

If I remember correctly I think the NFL decides the playoff ticket price and not the club.

Back when I was a season ticket holder there was always a significant jump in playoff ticket prices and regular season ticker prices and I recall that's how it was explained to me.  There was also a time when the Falcons would charge you for both tickets, (Championship game is MUCH more expensive), with no 'pay as they play' option they implemented later.

You would end up paying full price for tickets to BOTH games and then the Falcons wouldn't make the playoffs but the balance would transfer over to your season ticket account which would be a significant amount towards the balance.

But if you're going to buy playoff tickets to the Falcons game you need to do it BEFORE the Seahawks game.  Once the other team's fans jump in there are less tickets and they are more expensive.

I remember this as well back when I was a STH.  Long time ago but I wasn't actually thinking about the pricing from a STH or the official ticket office.  I almost always do secondary market these days (Stubhub, SeatGeek, etc.)  

I would be interested in checking now to see how much tickets are for the 4 bye week teams if you go though the team site or Ticketmaster now.

2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I remember this as well back when I was a STH.  Long time ago but I wasn't actually thinking about the pricing from a STH or the official ticket office.  I almost always do secondary market these days (Stubhub, SeatGeek, etc.)  

I would be interested in checking now to see how much tickets are for the 4 bye week teams if you go though the team site or Ticketmaster now.

Yeah if you want an individual game it's cheaper that way.  On a per game basis season tickets will be cheaper but you're also paying full price for two pre-season games you can barely give away.

And now with the PSLs even if you have to pay $1,000 a seat on the aftermarket it's still much less than what you would pay for season tickets + PSL.

5 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Not sure why you expected premium playoff tickets to be reasonable several days after they went on sale.  If you want to sit with us plebs in the uppers, they still look fairly reasonable compared to what I paid on Monday.

at least you know you're a pleb...lol, j/k

7 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah if you want an individual game it's cheaper that way.  On a per game basis season tickets will be cheaper but you're also paying full price for two pre-season games you can barely give away.

And now with the PSLs even if you have to pay $1,000 a seat on the aftermarket it's still much less than what you would pay for season tickets + PSL.

Trust me I remember being upset every year about the preseason tickets that were the same price.  Common gripe among STH all over the country.

Because I knew I wouldn't be moving back to Atlanta by the start of next season I didn't spend too much time looking into what PSLs in Atlanta cost but my understanding was they're still cheaper than some of the other cities that do PSLs.

I pre-ordered mine on the pay as you play plan when I renewed my ST.   I got the tickets for my seats at a much lower rate and they don't charge for them until they're set to play.

They give you an option to buy additional tickets at a lower rate - but I didn't do that this year.

I have tickets for both games should we play them there - BUT

I'll be in Ft Lauderdale for work the next 3 weeks.   I have to fly up to Atlanta next Friday evening then back on Sunday - and then if we get the NFCC game there - I have to fly back the following week.

5 minutes ago, WisFalcon said:

Try going to a game in Green Bay

I've been to a playoff game there - don't remember them being outrageously more.   Gonna have to go look them up now.

OK - after looking them up - they are really low.

Edited by Tandy