If Shanny stays...

D.B.N.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

If Shanny stays I see us becoming a New England type franchise.

I was thinking about this the other day. I wonder if he ends up like McDaniels? Leaves, doesn't pan out as HC during his first outing, then comes back to stay on for awhile before leaving again.

Edited by A Dog Named Brian

Just now, The Vent King said:

He's gone...hate to say that because after the season we've had how could I not want him to stay? But, the HC job isn't something you pass up evvvvvvvver. Wouldn't blame him though.

If the Denver job wasn't out there, I could see him staying with us for another year. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though 

7 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I was thinking about this the other day. I wonder if he ends up like McDaniels? Leaves, doesn't pan out as HC during his first outing, then comes back to stay on for awhile before leaving again.

Yea and I was thinking what if none of our staff leaves and we add Gus Bradley to the defensive staff. I see the defense getting more explosive.

Just now, GATXBOI said:

Yea but if he leaves it won't be the same. Another comparison is Montana's 49ers.

Uhhh, check that. Young wasn't Joe but they did just fine. McDaniel's and ICE may collaborate even more. Team will be fine! See Young's passing stats and of course Super Bowl victory. It wasn't even a game.

2 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

If the Denver job wasn't out there, I could see him staying with us for another year. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though 

We'll see. The key here is time. The reality of the matter is that most, if not all, of these Head Coaching vacancies will be filled before we even play a game. If we go to the Championship, then it makes even less likely. Teams that wait till after the Championships or later are rare, very rare. There's just too many good candidates out there, and teams want to get their entire staffs together and working, as quickly as possible. I know many on here will just say, "well we did it" but that's the exception that proves the rule. That basically never happens. 

It'll be interesting to see how many vacancies get filled next week before we play.