Hooper Practice Went Well

Tim Mazetti

Falcons' Austin Hooper eager for playoffs coming off MCL sprain

Hooper could play a key role for the Falcons in the postseason, particularly as a red-zone target. He scored two of his three touchdowns on red-zone passes this season. His ability to secure the ball in traffic is an asset.

Hooper got a chance Wednesday to test his knee by going up and getting the ball again.

“I caught everything thrown my way,” Hooper said. “I wasn't running the full route tree, by any means. It was just a couple plays here or there. I'm sure the more comfortable I get and the faster I heal, the more stuff I'll be able to do. Day 1 week, take it a little slower.”

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said several players would be limited in practice as the Falcons await their divisional-round game on Jan. 14. Cornerback Robert Alford (knee) and left guard Andy Levitre (hip) didn't practice Wednesday, but Quinn didn't express great concern. Star wide receiver Julio Jones continues to recover from a toe sprain.

The key is getting everybody healthy next week in preparation for next Saturday's divisional playoff game at the Georgia Dome.

“Man, I don't know what to expect, this whole thing about being a rookie in the playoffs,” Hooper said. "I'll just try to be on point and master the details. I'll just listen to the vets and make the plays when I'm called upon.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/227692/falcons-austin-hooper-eager-for-playoffs-coming-off-mcl-sprain

Edited by Tim Mazetti

15 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Falcons' Austin Hooper eager for playoffs coming off MCL sprain

Hooper could play a key role for the Falcons in the postseason, particularly as a red-zone target. He scored two of his three touchdowns on red-zone passes this season. His ability to secure the ball in traffic is an asset.

Hooper got a chance Wednesday to test his knee by going up and getting the ball again.

“I caught everything thrown my way,” Hooper said. “I wasn't running the full route tree, by any means. It was just a couple plays here or there. I'm sure the more comfortable I get and the faster I heal, the more stuff I'll be able to do. Day 1 week, take it a little slower.”

Falcons coach Dan Quinn said several players would be limited in practice as the Falcons await their divisional-round game on Jan. 14. Cornerback Robert Alford (knee) and left guard Andy Levitre (hip) didn't practice Wednesday, but Quinn didn't express great concern. Star wide receiver Julio Jones continues to recover from a toe sprain.

The key is getting everybody healthy next week in preparation for next Saturday's divisional playoff game at the Georgia Dome.

“Man, I don't know what to expect, this whole thing about being a rookie in the playoffs,” Hooper said. "I'll just try to be on point and master the details. I'll just listen to the vets and make the plays when I'm called upon.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/227692/falcons-austin-hooper-eager-for-playoffs-coming-off-mcl-sprain

He's a Stanford kid, errr, check that. He's a PAC 12 kid. He'll be ready!