Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017 UGA Basketball Thread

383 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

If yante leaves, with jj leaving, CMF will have more excuses for coming years.. grrrreat...

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

tenor.gif

Precisely.. but ADGM will say "well he lost both Yante and JJ and is having to rely on sophs and freshmen".. 

<_<

7 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yante Maten is coming back next year, very good news!

Didn't expect that a bit.. great news!

mcgarity said that coach fox got some good news yesterday and it was rumored that it was Nolley..  Great pickup. 

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

our fans may not really pay attention, but this is a great pickup.. another 4 star player. 

Yep. 

Actually shocked how recruiting for Fox has picked up 

43 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Sooooo he committed for less than 24 hours.. This is why I'm not big on fox...

:lol: You got some particular reason to put this on Fox? Getting the commitment at all was a bit of a surprise... this is just bordering on the weird... hard to fault Fox for the whims of what appears to be a very indecisive kid at best.

12 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

:lol: You got some particular reason to put this on Fox? Getting the commitment at all was a bit of a surprise... this is just bordering on the weird... hard to fault Fox for the whims of what appears to be a very indecisive kid at best.

He can't recruit.. He can't coach the kids up.. He can't win.. 

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

He can't recruit.. He can't coach the kids up.. He can't win.. 

I'm not a Fox fan, so you're not going to get a ton of argument from me... but putting this particular situation on Fox is ludicrous. It's one of a few things... couple that come to mind are: a.) something shady is going on... given all the chaos in CBB right now though, I'd be surprised... it would be very bold to say the least OR b.) some aggressive negative recruiting on the heels of the commitment - probably more likely

I'm all for replacing Fox if we have an idea of who that is *AND* are committed to our BB team... I think the reno done to Stegeman looks pretty sharp, but will be interesting to see whether it improves fan turnout/game experience at all. Keep hoping they'll jump on the joint venture project downtown and put in a multi-purpose arena specifically for MBB. Keep Womens and Gymnastics at Stegeman... can even do some throwback special games at Stegeman for Mens as well during the season... but there are people with the real estate who want to get it done. 

3 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I'm not a Fox fan, so you're not going to get a ton of argument from me... but putting this particular situation on Fox is ludicrous. It's one of a few things... couple that come to mind are: a.) something shady is going on... given all the chaos in CBB right now though, I'd be surprised... it would be very bold to say the least OR b.) some aggressive negative recruiting on the heels of the commitment - probably more likely

I'm all for replacing Fox if we have an idea of who that is *AND* are committed to our BB team... I think the reno done to Stegeman looks pretty sharp, but will be interesting to see whether it improves fan turnout/game experience at all. Keep hoping they'll jump on the joint venture project downtown and put in a multi-purpose arena specifically for MBB. Keep Womens and Gymnastics at Stegeman... can even do some throwback special games at Stegeman for Mens as well during the season... but there are people with the real estate who want to get it done. 

Wasn't trying to put this particular situation squarely on fox but I just feel he should be gone.. He's not the coach we need to take us to the next level..

Edited by TheTrue7

40 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

yeah i wouldn't put this on fox.. we have seen a lot of cheating going on and CMF runs a clean program.  what probably happened if i had my guess is what calipari did to washington a few years.  wilcher i believed committed to washington, calipari calls him and make$ some promises to him and gets him to uk.. then gets rid of him when he isnt that great player he wanted.  it wouldn't surprise me after nolley committed a bigger team or even vt called him and talked him out of uga.