Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017 UGA Basketball Thread

362 posts in this topic

UGA a #2 seed in the NIT. They play Belmont in Round 1. If Georgia Tech and UGA win in the first round then they will play in Athens in Round 2. Syracuse is the #1 seed in UGA's bracket

5 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

anyone follow uga baseball that is also a train wreck

stricklin was a horrible hire. 

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

stricklin was a horrible hire. 

Yes, he has turned out to be an awful hire.   Full disclosure though, when he was hired I thought he would be great.  Checked all of the boxes as a hire for success, imo.  With our overall athletic programs dismal performances, it points back to the Athletic Dept and a lack of support.  

3 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Yes, he has turned out to be an awful hire.   Full disclosure though, when he was hired I thought he would be great.  Checked all of the boxes as a hire for success, imo.  With our overall athletic programs dismal performances, it points back to the Athletic Dept and a lack of support.  

you are 100% correct.  the hire when it happened looked like a great hire and he also brought in one of the most respected pitching coaches in the nation with him.  it looked amazing, but he looked to be in way over his head early on.  the one big issue is he has done a poor job of targeting talent that had a shot to stay in athens.  it's very tough to make sure you target the right guys and not take too many guys who you know will leave in the draft.  he has had some highly ranked classes, but after the mlb draft lost a number of those guys.. now all teams go through that, but some do a better job in targeting guys who they know will stay.  also that whole fiasco with the letter to the recruit that blew up in his face and hurt him and the program's credibility.  you don't want to tick off mlb scouts.  he has done a poor job of developing players as well.  I do agree the lack of support is a huge issue, but stricklin has made so many mistakes that really is all on him.  it's year 4 and we are still talking about being young, very young and that's ridiculous.

UGA announced Yante Maten and Juwan Parker are out with injuries tonight. Parker won't return at all this season if UGA keeps it alive.

For anyone wondering the game is only available on ESPN3. The Syracuse game that was postponed yesterday changed the schedule. They're now on ESPN2 today.

Frazier is having a big night but Belmont is getting contributions from so many. Belmont has 4 guys over 10 points.

Smh.. no understanding as to what fox provides that earns him this type of leniency.. can't recruit, can't coach, can't win.. 

58 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Smh.. no understanding as to what fox provides that earns him this type of leniency.. can't recruit, can't coach, can't win.. 

time for him to go.,  

17 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

time for him to go.,  

Them.. mcgarity can follow.. 

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Them.. mcgarity can follow.. 

We can rent the Uhaul that has no air condition and no seats in the back and tie them up and send them out of Athens.  

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

We can rent the Uhaul that has no air condition and no seats in the back and tie them up and send them out of Athens.  

Ooo think of the money saved, Greg!

IMG_0405.JPG

Give Mark fox a raise and extension mcclown.. goodness it's so painful. 

Oddly after UGA and Houston lost that made #2 seeds 0-4 in this year's NIT. The #7 seeds dominated the day.

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Oddly after UGA and Houston lost that made #2 seeds 0-4 in this year's NIT. The #7 seeds dominated the day.

That would have been one heck of payday on a Vegas Prop bet!!!

I wish we would go after Buzz Williams at Va Tech.  Doubt he would come, but I really like him.  Get him at the right school and he could win big.

44 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I wish we would go after Buzz Williams at Va Tech.  Doubt he would come, but I really like him.  Get him at the right school and he could win big.

The techies would loooovve that

At this point, I'd love to get Tubby Smith back. I'd have to get rid of my Tuck Fubby T-shirt though.