Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

2017 UGA Basketball Thread

362 posts in this topic

Think it really boiled down to one play.. down by 3, Frazier passed to Parker who had a wide open shot from 3.. he hesitated and passed it back.. ended up being a shot clock violation.. he needed to trust himself and take that shot.. he was 2-2 from 3.. take the shot

the big issue with Fox and it's been the same thing for many years our freshman who have the most talent don't get the playing time and thus aren't ready for sec play and then they are rarely put into the game while upperclassmen who are horrible get 10 plus minutes a game and give us zero production.  I would rather a young player grow and learn than an upperclassment come in and do nothing but hurt us.  The turnovers have got to stop.  It's ridiculous that both Maten and Frazier had 6 turnovers each in that game.  Your two best players need to make better decisions.

okay we are down by 4 points to a team that has shot 29% in the first half.. so what do I see on the court?  kpg and kessler playing together at the same time.. so we keep throwing the ball inside to kessler at the top of the key to try and beat the zone, but he has no game and no shot so all he does is continually pass it back out.  horrible.  12 points off of turnovers already for missouri. 

No idea what Kessler brings whatsoever.. pretty pathetic performance so far.. here's to hoping that scuffle at half lights a fire

that old assistant coach for UGA shows more fight than our entire team put together in that 1st half.  just pathetic how this team decided to play in that first half.  maten has just 2 field goal attempts and frazier has done very little to nothing.  we won't win many games if they don't show up nightly.  missouri has lost like 23 straight road games in the sec i believe. 

well Georgia and the crowd have gotten fired up.. thank you kent davidson and coach shields from missouri... lol 

we are in the double bonus already.. we have outscored missouri 29 to 16 in the 2nd half.. they woke up!!

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Before this game is over someone needs to set a hard pick on that Geis kid

yep he talks a lot of smack and doesn't back it up..  

UGA wins by 22 points over ole miss on the road tonight.  It's our first top 50 rpi win.  We didn't look good at all tonight, but ole miss was terrible thank goodness. 

Commentator, "What does a nuclear engineer mean, I do not even know what that means."  Means you are dumb and stick to commentating.  

1 minute ago, Red Bandana said:

Our rebounding is horrendous. Should lose this one 

That last miss by Frazier I think did us in.  

8 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

That last miss by Frazier I think did us in.  

Yea that wasn't a good shot at all oh well we more than likely won't make the tournament this year if we keep playing like this

Just now, Red Bandana said:

Yea that wasn't a good shot at all oh well we more than likely won't make the tournament this year if we keep playing like this

NIT Bound unless we win the SEC tournament.  

2 hours ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

Only saw the highlights, too bad they couldn't close the deal.

Maten fouled out with 5 left in the game.  It did change the game.  Parker did step up.