Huge advantage for us noone is talking about

DQ said he expects the entire roster, except for I.R. obviously, to be healthy, and close to 100% before our first post season game. Of course people touch on health when you get a bye, but what other team will have their entire roster, including role players, and all depth players be close to 100%? We are going to steam roll through the NFC. I can't think of a better team we have ever had. 1980 maybe?THink it was 1980 when we let the cowboys come back on us. I want to play, and crush them the brokeback mountain boys,

9 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Yeah, we'll have Gabriel and Hooper back. We matchup so well to most of these teams, and we were really a couple of plays away from being 13-3 this year. Even if we don't win the NFC, I think our team has shown some tremendous improvement from where we started in 2015.

Not too far off from 14-2 as well if you look at it:

The Seahawks disaster

Late Bryant FG vs. SD

Chiefs "thing"

Just now, tl;dr said:

Not too far off from 14-2 as well if you look at it:

The Seahawks disaster

Late Bryant FG vs. SD

Chiefs "thing"

Let's not forget Quinn probably made some of his worst gambles in that game too. We got stuffed twice on 4th down instead of taking the points. Same thing against the Eagles. I love his aggression, but sometimes when we're getting nailed I think we need to just take the points and trust our team.

Barnwell has been talking up the Falcons most of the year and one stat he mentions in every recent article is 80 starts for the OL (same 5 for all 16 games) is something Atlanta led the league in. 

Although Beasley did return to the game, the extra week of rest has to help him recover. Clayborn gets another week to get his legs under him. Julio gets extra rest, which can only help. 

Earning the #2 seed was a BIG deal, and gives the Falcons the best chance they could have hoped for. Green Bay going from 4-6 to the 4th seed is outstanding, but the Falcons going from 7-5 to a first round bye is even more significant in terms of playoff positioning. 

What's Freeny's health looking like? I could honestly seem him making a sizeable impact rotating in, he should be relatively fresh, he had like 3 sacks nearly right off the bat the first part of the season but they've since held him back (hopefully for exactly this)

3 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

This is what I'm wondering. Where's he at? Has he been locked in a dungeon and weve been saving him for the playoffs?

Quoted before my edit, but he was a pretty effective situational pass rusher earlier in the season. It'd be nice to think maybe they've just been saving him

Last report I saw him on had him out "non-injury" related

57 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

What's Freeny's health looking like? I could honestly seem him making a sizeable impact rotating in, he should be relatively fresh, he had like 3 sacks nearly right off the bat the first part of the season but they've since held him back (hopefully for exactly this)

I think he's just old

7 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Im not complaining. If Freeney shows up big in the playoffs, Quinn and co. will look like geniuses for saving him this long and using him only for situational pass rushing. 

Freeney has about 10 almost had my hands on you sacks. He has actually had to play a lot more the back end of the season due to clayborns knee injury. I'm guessing he's been playing 25-35 snaps over the last 4-5 games.

i hope he can flip a switch come playoffs