Social media is hilarious to me

capologist

So now the big trend is #MakeAmericaSickAgain due to the announcement of the intent to repeal ObamaCare.

Now, nevermind that not a soul has seen, heard, etc of what it would be replaced with and several Republicans have stated today that there is no intent to leave people uncovered in any kind of transition yet people are still going out of their minds.

God forbid someone come up with a better way of doing something...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Statick said:

Uh, but isn't that the issue?. So much has come from the years of constant talk and votes on repealing ObamaCare from the the Republicans that they have yet to put out an idea that people can grasp, understand and, more importantly, believe in.

Agreed.  You'd think in those years they would have come up with something so awesome to replace it.

1 hour ago, Statick said:

Uh, but isn't that the issue?. So much has come from the years of constant talk and votes on repealing ObamaCare from the the Republicans that they have yet to put out an idea that people can grasp, understand and, more importantly, believe in.

No, that's not the issue.  The ideas when it was originally passed were never presented (you have Harry Reid to thank for that).  That said, you don't go ape snot over a change when you don't even know what that change is.  That's just being partisan.  It's not like anyone is saying "you have to pass it to see what's in it", I'm saying before you start making catchy slogans, let's see what the plan is first and then decide but  in the Democrat/Republican world, it doesn't go that way...

6 minutes ago, capologist said:

No, that's not the issue.  The ideas when it was originally passed were never presented (you have Harry Reid to thank for that).  That said, you don't go ape snot over a change when you don't even know what that change is.  That's just being partisan.  It's not like anyone is saying "you have to pass it to see what's in it", I'm saying before you start making catchy slogans, let's see what the plan is first and then decide but  in the Democrat/Republican world, it doesn't go that way...

Democrats are acting exactly like republicans did, but from the other side of it. 

How can you not see that? 

3 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Democrats are acting exactly like republicans did, but from the other side of it. 

How can you not see that? 

Not exactly.  As I recall, Republicans were upset about Pelosi's "you have to pass it to see what's in it" approach and rushing the legislation through without much discussion on it.  Action was already developed, proposed and being pushed through.

At this point, nothing has happened or even been proposed and people are acting like it's the worst thing ever despite not being able to define what "it" is.

Now don't misunderstand me, Republicans have certainly done the same thing before, that's why I said a Democrat/Republican world instead of just a Democrat world.  There's foolishness on both sides of the aisle for sure...

9 minutes ago, WORilla said:

It's hilarious that people don't realize this board is social media.....

Where all you grown men come to ***** to complete strangers....and maybe your brother....about how much you hate people bitching on social media.  

Quite aware that this is a form of social media.  However, said bitching wasn't being done on this forum so I chose to separate it but your sarcasm is duly noted...

59 minutes ago, capologist said:

This is what you complain about?  Really? 

Nothing about all of the hyperventilating and hyper-partisan crap posted (also...ahem...fake news) on social media these past several years.  But people start a dumb hashtag protesting repealing Obamacare and that gets your knickers in a knot?

2 hours ago, Statick said:

I heard they have to pass it to know what's in it.  

1 hour ago, capologist said:

Not exactly.  As I recall, Republicans were upset about Pelosi's "you have to pass it to see what's in it" approach and rushing the legislation through without much discussion on it.  Action was already developed, proposed and being pushed through.

At this point, nothing has happened or even been proposed and people are acting like it's the worst thing ever despite not being able to define what "it" is.

Now don't misunderstand me, Republicans have certainly done the same thing before, that's why I said a Democrat/Republican world instead of just a Democrat world.  There's foolishness on both sides of the aisle for sure...

How is "we're gonna take it away but won't tell you what we're gonna replace it with" not nearly the same thing? 

Im not saying what Dems did was good. I'm just saying what the repubs are doing is bad. 

Theyve had years to come up with a plan and haven't. 

Quite aware that this is a form of social media.  However, said bitching wasn't being done on this forum so I chose to separate it but your sarcasm is duly noted...

Let's not act like there isn't thread after thread on this board of "look at these people whining on SM!"  Lol

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is what you complain about?  Really? 

Nothing about all of the hyperventilating and hyper-partisan crap posted (also...ahem...fake news) on social media these past several years.  But people start a dumb hashtag protesting repealing Obamacare and that gets your knickers in a knot?

I'm sorry, I don't possess the ability to go back in time and post everything I laugh about.  This just happened to grab my attention today and there's not a thread about it, is that ok?

34 minutes ago, WORilla said:

How is "we're gonna take it away but won't tell you what we're gonna replace it with" not nearly the same thing? 

Im not saying what Dems did was good. I'm just saying what the repubs are doing is bad. 

Theyve had years to come up with a plan and haven't. 

When Reid wouldn't let it hit the floor why would they?  It's not like they don't have ideas and are starting from a blank slate as you seem to be implying.  I haven't heard anyone say your quote though. Show me that and I'll be more than happy to reconsider.

3 hours ago, WORilla said:

It's hilarious that people don't realize this board is social media.....

Where all you grown men come to ***** to complete strangers....and maybe your brother....about how much you hate people bitching on social media.  

ABF just isn't the same. Everyone is in defense mode from 6 months of arguing about politics and the election. Now I just glance through looking for anything off topic and interesting :(

1 hour ago, SpongeDad said:

ABF just isn't the same. Everyone is in defense mode from 6 months of arguing about politics and the election. Now I just glance through looking for anything off topic and interesting :(

I hear grown men like to be #madonline over on twitter. You should check it out lol. 

When Reid wouldn't let it hit the floor why would they?  It's not like they don't have ideas and are starting from a blank slate as you seem to be implying.  I haven't heard anyone say your quote though. Show me that and I'll be more than happy to reconsider.

Well A. They wanna replace it and B. I haven't seen any form of cohesive plan to replace it with. 

I've also heard they will can it, but set a date for it to die and THEN figure out how to replace it. That sounds an awful lot to me like Obamacare but in reverse . 

3 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Well A. They wanna replace it and B. I haven't seen any form of cohesive plan to replace it with. 

I've also heard they will can it, but set a date for it to die and THEN figure out how to replace it. That sounds an awful lot to me like Obamacare but in reverse . 

#Amabocare?

10 minutes ago, WORilla said:

Like I said, I prefer to wait and see what actually happens than assume...