Vegas odds to win MVP -- Matt Ryan is the favorite

Total Package

Seen a lot of threads about which media members are saying what about the MVP race, and much angst about Ryan being overlooked because the media ignores the Falcons. Didn't see this posted yet about the actual betting odds which should make us feel better about the chances of Matt winning the award he deserves to win. It's not a Lombardi, of course, but still would be awesome for Matt to become the first Falcon in history to be the MVP.

Odds to Win the 2016 - 2017 NFL MVP Award

Sat, Jan 28, 17

MoneylineOdds

Matt Ryan-175

Aaron Rodgers+250

Tom Brady+350

Ezekiel Elliot+1400

Dak Prescott+6600

LeVeon Bell+6600

Derek Carr+6600

i wonder if it's really worth all the derision and insults you will get as a MVP voter if you don't vote for Ryan. He's by far the MVP if we're only going to give the MVP award to QB's. He's dam close to being the MVP on the offensive side of the ball no matter who you like or what criteria you care to use.

Those who are voting for anybody else are just showing their ignorance, their bias, their complete lack of objectivity, blatant disregard to honor the intent of the award and lastly they're proving they're unworthy, unqualified, classless and way too stupid to be a voter on so prestigious a selection committee.

All those who do vote for other candidates should be placed on the ballot for their own special award, the coveted BCAMSWOTP, or Biggest Clown Azz Moron Sports Writer On The Planet award.

Maybe because we follow the Falcons so we might be bias, but among Ryan, Rodgers, and Brady this year I don't see how Ryan is the best choice for MVP among them.  Brady missed 4 games so he doesn't have the gaudy stats like Ryan does, not to mention the Patriots doesn't really need him to be good.  As for Rodgers for half of the season he was not performing at a MVP level.  Heck Rodgers didn't have a 300 yards game until the 7 games of the season, where as Ryan had only 1 or 2 games where he was not performing at a MVP level.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

i wonder if it's really worth all the derision and insults you will get as a MVP voter if you don't vote for Ryan. He's by far the MVP if we're only going to give the MVP award to QB's. He's dam close to being the MVP on the offensive side of the ball no matter who you like or what criteria you care to use.

Those who are voting for anybody else are just showing their ignorance, their bias, their complete lack of objectivity, blatant disregard to honor the intent of the award and lastly they're proving they're unworthy, unqualified, classless and way too stupid to be a voter on so prestigious a selection committee.

All those who do vote for other candidates should be placed on the ballot for their own special award, the coveted BCAMSWOTP, or Biggest Clown Azz Moron Sports Writer On The Planet award.

by now I would have thought you'd have gotten past putting a sugar coating on what you say,

SMH

:ninja::lol::lol:

Anyone voting for anyone else besides Ryan is just being a contrarian. 

The KC game is really the only knock against him. Brady has a suspension, missed training camp. Rodgers had a midseason lull of 4-5 games, 

I had someone try and tell that Carr should win because less of his yards came from YAC. 47% of Carr's yard were from YAC, 48% of Matt's were. 

It's more that people don't want Matt Ryan to be MVP, or are just being told by the media. If Matt played for the Steelers, Pats, Raiders, Packers, Cowboys, or Giants he'd be a unanimous MVP.

It's insane there is even a debate. You can extrapolate the numbers in almost any context and Matt still wins the argument almost every way you look at it.

It never occurred to me that you can actually bet on this award.  Now I'm wondering if any of these voters are just indirectly betting on Ryan and will vote on Ryan and talk up Brady, Rogers, et al.  It would be pretty easy to make some cash on the side as long as they don't buy their own tickets.