Jump to content

Detroit at Seattle


Warningx13
 Share

Recommended Posts

This game is HUGE. It is a big factor in why we are favored over Dallas in the NFC. Seattle is the assumed winner at home. Meaning Atlanta would face them and all of their road issues on the east coast in the first divisional game. Most importantly they'd send either the Giants or Green Bay to Dallas. One team has beat Dallas twice while the other has a scorching hot all pro QB. I'm sure everyone in that locker room would love a playoff warm up with a rookie QB and rookie RB who has to be getting tired.

However if Arizona can steal a game at Seattle why not the Lions? I'm gonna say the division rivalry gave the Cards strength but things change a lot with a Lions victory. Dallas gets a warm up and we are stuck with the Giants or packers before a potential title game at Dallas.

Assuming we survive the shootout with Aaron Rodgers having to turn around and play Dallas at Dallas the next week is no easy task. So it looks like the match up between the conferences two remaining pretenders is one we have a major stake in. At least if you prefer the path with least resistance but it would surely shut the media up if Atlanta beat Green Bay Dallas and New England in route to the Lombardi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No such thing as "least resistance" in the playoffs. GB or NY will get the samething Seattle is gonna get pending they get away from Detroit. This team is ready ! The only people who are scared of any team is that troll "Subliminal" who keeps using the word scared in all his post, FFS70 & a few other cats who still think Smitty is our coach. They'll learn soon enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh but their is a path of least resistance on both sides. New England is going to end up facing Oakland or Houston in the divisional round and either Atlanta or Dallas will get the easier opponent in the NFC. Green Bay beat Seattle with ease just a few weeks ago.

We are in fact capable of taking the conference regardless of the path we have to take but I'll take Seattle over Green Bay at home 10/10 times and face off in the NFC with whoever comes out of that dog fight in Dallas. At that point the pack will have just played 3 consecutive playoff teams and come to our house and I don't feel like at this point in the season Dallas can hang with the Packers and Falcons in back to back weeks. Elliot will have to carry a huge work load and the entire team will be tested for 60 minutes. 

That rookie wall is about to slow Elliott down. 30-35 carries to beat Green Bay only to face our offense the following week? A Seattle win Sunday most definitely works in our favor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warningx13 said:

That rookie wall is about to slow Elliott down

And Dak.

Every day I see "MATT RYAN IS 1-4 IN THE PLAYOFFS" but not "A ROOKIE QB HAS NEVER STARTED A SB" -- which, as far as history having any relevance on the present in sports, means a TON more in the way of predicting what might happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, knomercy said:

And Dak.

Every day I see "MATT RYAN IS 1-4 IN THE PLAYOFFS" but not "A ROOKIE QB HAS NEVER STARTED A SB" -- which, as far as history having any relevance on the present in sports, means a TON more in the way of predicting what might happen.

Dark may avoid the wall because he's been on easy street. (hopes you watch the walking dead) However he has lived off of Zeke's ability to carry the team behind that offensive line. The playoffs will be the first time that..anything has been on the line and the teams ability to win rested on his shoulders.

Think about it. Dallas got on a roll and rode the Zeke train all the way. Dallas hasn't played a crucial game all season. At no point was it win or the Giants are just one game back. Win or drop to the second seed ect. 100% of the pressure has been taken off of Dak because Elliott is a beast and when he slows down so will the offense.

Dallas should have started Romo when he was able. That's bound to happen at some point and unlike Dak, Romo could take a game on his throwing shoulder. He could have taken more of the load off of Zeke. Elliott is in that range where he has carried the ball so much it might hold him back next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

I hope Seattle wins...tailored made.  Offensive line is suspect, lost a starting receiver and their safety is IR....hope Seattle beats Detroit.  SB ticket right there.

Why face one of the two best Qbs other than MR...EM/AR are problems.  Much respect to RW, but he is hobbled(talent around him).

 

Any thoughts on Seattle knowing Quinn's defense and how it may play in their favor? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think Detroit is very good.

However, Seattle isn't playing any better. They were down 14-3 to the 49ers last week. I don't have a lot of confidence in them beating anyone. 

The game is in Seattle at night though, so it is going to be very tough for Detroit to win. I am comfortable facing whoever, but I would rather see Seattle than GB/NY winner 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigBhang said:

What if Detroit AND NY win?!

The NFL sends the Cleveland Browns to the SEC and replaces the Oakland vs Houston winner with the crimson tide duh. setting the battle of the century. Bama vs New England. Assuring Clemson a national championship.

Also I think we get to use Disney's time machine to bring prime deacon jones into 2016 and try to pass him off as Dwight freeny. just for the playoffs though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Warningx13 said:

This game is HUGE. It is a big factor in why we are favored over Dallas in the NFC. Seattle is the assumed winner at home. Meaning Atlanta would face them and all of their road issues on the east coast in the first divisional game. Most importantly they'd send either the Giants or Green Bay to Dallas. One team has beat Dallas twice while the other has a scorching hot all pro QB. I'm sure everyone in that locker room would love a playoff warm up with a rookie QB and rookie RB who has to be getting tired.

However if Arizona can steal a game at Seattle why not the Lions? I'm gonna say the division rivalry gave the Cards strength but things change a lot with a Lions victory. Dallas gets a warm up and we are stuck with the Giants or packers before a potential title game at Dallas.

Assuming we survive the shootout with Aaron Rodgers having to turn around and play Dallas at Dallas the next week is no easy task. So it looks like the match up between the conferences two remaining pretenders is one we have a major stake in. At least if you prefer the path with least resistance but it would surely shut the media up if Atlanta beat Green Bay Dallas and New England in route to the Lombardi.

We surely are not favored to win the NFC per Vegas.  So your statement "it is a big factor why we are favored over Dallas" is completely wrong.  Please check your facts next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

I hope Seattle wins...tailored made.  Offensive line is suspect, lost a starting receiver and their safety is IR....hope Seattle beats Detroit.  SB ticket right there.

Why face one of the two best Qbs other than MR...EM/AR are problems.  Much respect to RW, but he is hobbled(talent around him).

 

Seattle fans are already overlooking Detroit.

Atlanta is 1-2 at home against teams that finished the season with a winning record. Their win was against a Green Bay team that was decimated by injuries coming into the game, missing key starters on defense and they had zero viable running backs on the roster. Atlanta won by a point. Atlanta went 6-4 on synthetic surfaces, including 5-3 at home. The Seahawks are 9-2 on synthetic surfaces, including 2-1 on the road.

When we beat the Falcons earlier this year Frank Clark and Kam Chancellor were out. That was a lot of thump sitting on the sidelines. Mike Morgan was still on IR as well. Also, Michael Bennet was knocked out of the game in the 3rd quarter from the cheap shot to the knees by Jake Matthews. What Bennet later called, "a ***** move." Black Santa needed surgery, missed a few games and he assuredly has a little extra motivation for the Falcons. On offense, Russell Wilson was still playing on one leg, Sowell was our starting LT and our RBs were Michael and Spiller. We still won in spite of the horrible no-call on Julio Jones for head slapping Richard Sherman on the Falcons final offensive play. I still can't believe it wasn't called! So obvious.

The Falcons are missing Trufant since we last met and that is pretty huge. We are missing Earl and Tyler, although Tyler was still a bit hobbled in the last meeting. Atlanta has a great offense, but their D is pretty bad and particularly so on synthetic surfaces. Missing Earl really hurts, but Matt Ryan didn't have to deal with Kam, Frank, 2nd-half Santa and MikeMo last time either. Similar score, we win.

Such a homer post... LOL

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134556

I've already responded in that thread but I'll mention a few things here.

3-4-1 on road

Leading rusher plays for GB

No Earl, No Lockett

Offensive line?  LOL

Couldn't run on SF... but gonna outscore Atlanta in Atlanta?

Haven't won divisional on road since 1983.

Can't wait for this matchup... assuming they don't pull a Cardinals game vs Lions on Saturday.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Detroit Seattle game is going to be an interesting match up. Seattle is so offensively streaky, that you don't know what team shows up, and when the offense is bad, it eventually leaves their defense on the field to long. Detroit is a streaky team in general, and may not be up to the challenge in Seattle. By all accounts, it's easy to say that Seattle wins, but I get a weird sense that Detroit could pull of the upset, providing the 12th man referees are not working their BS magic. I look forward to a Sherman and Tate matchup in this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

THEY DID?!? lol sigh :rolleyes:

And held us to 3 1st half points.  We did get 21 in the 3rd qrt but 0 in the 4th.  They contained our high powered offense and exploited some weakness they knew of in DQ's defense, just enough to take the game.  Leave the ref none call out, many players will say it shouldn't come down to that.   

Edited by nomak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...