Matt Ryan and the Falcons year

tl;dr

I was curious how our offensive distribution compared to other teams with historically good offenses. Here is what I found.

2016 Atlanta:
Matt Ryan: 373/534, 69.8%, 4,944 yards, 9.3 YPA, 38 TD's, 7 INT's, 117.1 rating
Team: 20 rushing TD's

2007 New England: 
Tom Brady: 398/578, 68.9%, 4,806 yards, 8.3 YPA, 50 TD's, 8 INT's, 117.2 rating
Team: 17 rushing TD's

2011 Green Bay: 
Aaron Rodgers: 343/502, 68.3%, 4,643 yards, 9.2 YPA, 45 TD's, 6 INT's, 122.5 rating 
Team: 12 rushing TD's
*Rodgers sat out the final game, so stats are through 15 games

2004 Indianapolis: 
Peyton Manning: 336/497, 67.6%, 4,557 yards, 9.2 YPA, 49 TD's, 10 INT's. 121.1 rating
Team: 10 rushing TD's

The last 3 QB's all won MVP. They are 3/4 QB's with a higher QB rating than Matt Ryan had this season. Ryan may not have the most TD's, or best rating of all of those guys, but he is very comparable in terms of INT's. He is better in yards, completion percentage, and YPA than these 3 MVP winners. These are 3 of the best seasons by a QB in NFL HISTORY and Ryan compares very well to them. Ryan's teams also had more rushing TD's than any of those teams. 

Just more reason why this has been one of the most impressive QB seasons in NFL history. 

10 minutes ago, Warningx13 said:

If Freeman and Coleman weren't so insanely and consistently productive Ryan would be around 5500 yards and 45 TDs. what you think 15-20 interceptions? He was almost perfect this season. Don't call him a field general he is the commander and chief.

If we didnt have a run game matt ryan would set **** near every single season record, but still this team would not be as good as it is right now. Our run game gives us balance. Balance will be our key

Our run game is part of the reason why Ryan has done so well this year. That and OL play. In 2004, Peyton had a guy who rushed for over 1500 yards. Brady had solid RB's too. Every good QB has a RB who can take away some of the pressure

5 minutes ago, trubirdfan4life said:

If we didnt have a run game matt ryan would set **** near every single season record, but still this team would not be as good as it is right now. Our run game gives us balance. Balance will be our key

Exactly sir. I wonder how many people are completely ignorant of how dangerous freeman and Coleman are? Stands to reason the mid season slump was due to I'm no short order Coleman's injury. He has been a monster down the stretch and Freeman has played better as an effect. Which playoff team is going to commit more to stop the run and let Julio scorch them? 

What we are saying is Ryan's numbers would be even better without the strongest back field in football. Obviously the team is better regardless of what the record would have been otherwise.

Just think of the numbers he could have racked up in the last quarter of the season alone if he was turned loose. if he was in first place for yards and TDs it would be decided already.

Ryan is clearly the league MVP. I've been calling it for a month.

Edited by Warningx13

21 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

And they are saying he isn't the best QB THIS year? Lololol ok 

Brady's name with Ryan's stats would win the MVP EVERY year except those 3 and he might win those anyway bc of his name. 

I'm a huge Ryan fan. No one had a clue who Taylor Gabriel was before the season and did anyone think anything of Sanu? Trust me, this is one of the best seasons in QBing history

3 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Probably a top 10 QB season in the history of the game, but Rodgers or Brady will win it because they're Rodgers and Brady. Might as well not get your hopes up. We'll show em in the playoffs, that's what matters.

I'm not buying into that. Ryan is on the rise the closer it gets because he is the true MVP. Espn will be Espn and conform to a script all season but we are all seeing things even out. 

Everyone has taken notice of how much stronger the NFC side of the bracket is. That and the 4 game suspension will eliminate Brady eventually and you can not really justify Rodgers over Ryan but points can be made for Ryan over Rodgers.

5 minutes ago, Warningx13 said:

I'm not buying into that. Ryan is on the rise the closer it gets because he is the true MVP. Espn will be Espn and conform to a script all season but we are all seeing things even out. 

Everyone has taken notice of how much stronger the NFC side of the bracket is. That and the 4 game suspension will eliminate Brady eventually and you can not really justify Rodgers over Ryan but points can be made for Ryan over Rodgers.

More importantly the conference championships will be in the books when the award in handed out. If the Falcons emerge as NFC champs Matt will be the MVP no doubt.Same can be said of Rodgers assuming he wins a head to head shootout with Ryan in the conference championship.

4 hours ago, Warningx13 said:

More importantly the conference championships will be in the books when the award in handed out. If the Falcons emerge as NFC champs Matt will be the MVP no doubt.Same can be said of Rodgers assuming he wins a head to head shootout with Ryan in the conference championship.

Votes are already in for MVP, postseason play doesn't affect it.

Just now, falconidae said:

Votes are already in for MVP, postseason play doesn't affect it.

My bad. I had just checked when the MVP would be announced. Not sure why they are delaying it.

And nice try to the troll above you I refuse to believe someone is that ignorant concerning statistics.