Arthur Blank and Rich Mckay on Bobby Petrino

Not surprising. I started hearing rumors even before the start of the 2007 season that the Falcons executives were starting to realize they made a big mistake hiring Petrino to begin with. It became more obvious as the season progressed that Petrino had lost the team and the players were close to open revolt. Bobby Petrino was just not suited to be an NFL head coach, which he showed to everyone's satisfaction.

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Why to Schools keep giving him Jobs? Especially Louisville who already got burnt by him. He is horribly professionally and also personally. He is a complete sociopath and crazy.

It's just that the guy has no principles or moral compass.  He lacks character and integrity.  What does that say about those who've hired him in the wake of his transgressions?

Never seen this one before, thanks Boom.....a lot of life lessons for us in here:

(1) pretty telling when a coach's former college QB (Brohm)) questions why you hired his college coach!

(2) Blank/McKay already knew there was such a problem in-house but instead of dealing with it they choose let things play out. 

(3) how you handle adversity tells more about you and your organization then how you handle success. This forced Blank et al to change the direction of team.

2 minutes ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Not surprising. I started hearing rumors even before the start of the 2007 season that the Falcons executives were starting to realize they made a big mistake hiring Petrino to begin with. It became more obvious as the season progressed that Petrino had lost the team and the players were close to open revolt. Bobby Petrino was just not suited to be an NFL head coach, which he showed to everyone's satisfaction.

My favorite thing was listening to Warrick Dunn on the radio after everything happened and said  Petrino would call plays during a game they never practiced.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Never seen this one before, thanks Boom.....a lot of life lessons for us in here:

(1) pretty telling when a coach's former college QB (Brohm)) questions why you hired his college coach!

(2) Blank/McKay already knew there was such a problem in-house but instead of dealing with it they choose let things play out. 

(3) how you handle adversity tells more about you and your organization then how you handle success. This forced Blank et al to change the direction of team.

I always thought that was a good thing because he let his relationship with Vick get too personal IMO.

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

This video links out to a very interesting group of Vids.

It's fascinating and looks like it's talking about things I was always curious about.

Other Vids:

Matt Ryan: Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino Chaos

Matt Ryan on frequent texts from owner

I saw that one. I was really surprised at just how involved Mr Blank was with his players. He's like the less obnoxious version of Jerry Jones.

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I always thought that was a good thing because he let his relationship with Vick get too personal IMO.

I agree. Interesting how a smart business guy like Blank made some of these classic human capital mistakes. 

We are a much better run organization now than any time in Falcons history. 

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Arthur really cares for this team and city. I felt really bad for Blank for all the constant BS he's had to go through the first couple of years. The Vick fiasco, Backstabbing Pucktrino, Parcells jerking him around with HC job. I really hope he can get a Super Bowl sooner rather then later.

8 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

That video renewed my appreciation for what Mike Smith did for this franchise. Smith is 180 degrees of who Petrino is and I'll always appreciate him for getting this franchise on the right track.

Amen to this! Mike Smith gets alot of flack around here , even tho none of it is hateful , but the guy is clearly a good man and did indeed instill some good character into his players and this organization

9 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Arthur really cares for this team and city. I felt really bad for Blank for all the constant BS he's had to go through the first couple of years. The Vick fiasco, Backstabbing Pucktrino, Parcells jerking him around with HC job. I really hope he can get a Super Bowl sooner rather then later.

I agree, and BTW I think he's learned a lot from his mistakes. 

Another life lesson for all of us...you never quit learning. 

2 hours ago, Falcon Freddie said:

Now that it's been a decade, and I no longer work for them I can talk about it. I was in management at the Hotel in Nashville in 2007, where the Falcons (and Cowboys) stay when they play the Titans. I was the onsite rep for the hotel, that ensured everything was running smoothly from check in, to banquets, I even walked the rooms with Brian Van Gorder and Hue Jackson with a master key to make sure all the players made curfew. 

I worked with them the previous year under Mora during the preseason, and the differences were stark. Mora had a players lounge with playstations, and music It was a fun, almost too fun enviornment. Petrino had the space on lockdown. He dressed down one of my banquet staff for answering a question from a player. It was bizarre, unreasonable environment. Everyone was on pens and needles. 

A couple funny stories:

Grady Jackson was cut in late October, surprisingly after a lawsuit settled about his medical records being released before the season. The media thought it was bad blood from that, but I witnessed another incident. One of the front desk staff accidentally gave Grady the wrong room key. Every year, there is one away game where the staff bring their families along, as kind of a getaway. This year it was Nashville. The front desk agent gave Grad, Bobby Petrino's room key on accident. Any other game, it wouldn't have been a big deal the staff and players generally stay in basic rooms, but because it was the family game, he had a presidential suite for his wife, and kids. Including several banquet platters of sandwiches, cheeses, and desserts, waiting on them when they arrived. 

Bobby Petrino walked into the room with his wife and kids with Grady Jackson chowing down on a platter of food, after making himself quite at home in the suite. Petrino blew a gasket. Grady was cut within a couple weeks.

The hotel booked the families on a cruise on the Riverboat that goes into downtown Nashville. I got a call at midnight that the comedian hired as entertainment not only singled out all the families on the cruise, then proceeded to tell Michael Vick Dog jokes. 

We had to do a lot of recovery from that stay. 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Throw up emotionally = Mutha F@cka if I EVER see you in the street again! Its Yo A$$!!

I believe it's Zimmer who has said flat out that if he's ever walking down a hallway and Petrino sees him coming, then he's better walk the other direction, b/c if they cross paths, Zimmer's going to slug him.