Nick Saban shows why he is the best by dumping Kiffin before the title game...

Spts1

I love it. Saban does not play around.:lol:  He is putting the title game squarely on HIS shoulders. You wanna talk smack and not stay with the program, you is gone...Assistant coaches don't run over Nick, like Jeremy Pruitt did to Mark Richt down at Georgia. ( I love Richt, but he wasn't tough enough).  Alabama is gonna shut Clemson down on defense and prove why Nick is the greatest coach, ever...:lol:

8 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I love it. Saban does not play around.:lol:  He is putting the title game squarely on HIS shoulders. You wanna talk smack and not stay with the program, you is gone...Assistant coaches don't run over Nick, like Jeremy Pruitt did to Mark Richt down at Georgia. ( I love Richt, but he wasn't tough enough).  Alabama is gonna shut Clemson down on defense and prove why Nick is the greatest coach, ever...:lol:

You got some spooge on your chin, no right there.  Here is a hankie to wipe it off.  

I mean it's not like he took some big risk. Kiffin had zero chemistry with Saban and Sarkisian is a better coach anyway, minus the booze.

Saban won titles with crap OCs, but he had reliable game managers at QB. They need a good game or at least minimal mistakes out of Hurts, but Bama's chances to repeat vs Clemson rest big time on the defense. I'm not sure anyone should feel comfortable with that Bama offense scoring 40+ with the way Hurts has been playing. If Bama gives up 40 to Clemson again, I think they lose.

Defense has been stellar with the turnovers and scoring though. I think Bama wins, but if they get burned on defense it's going to get real interesting.

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

I mean it's not like he took some big risk. Kiffin had zero chemistry with Saban and Sarkisian is a better coach anyway, minus the booze.

Saban won titles with crap OCs, but he had reliable game managers at QB. They need a good game or at least minimal mistakes out of Hurts, but Bama's chances to repeat vs Clemson rest big time on the defense. I'm not sure anyone should feel comfortable with that Bama offense scoring 40+ with the way Hurts has been playing. If Bama gives up 40 to Clemson again, I think they lose.

Defense has been stellar with the turnovers and scoring though. I think Bama wins, but if they get burned on defense it's going to get real interesting.

If Alabama gives up 40 I would be very surprised. Alabama's defense is on another level this year. 

But if Alabama scores 45 again, I would be even more surprised. Hurts is a true freshman with a ton of potential. But he does need some work. 

I'll take Alabama 23-16...

15 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

If Clemson can come up with a similar defensive performance as last week then Bama is trouble because Clemson is going to score some points.

I'd guess the total points in game is about 40 - 45 this time around,

i agree with most of what you said above.  although i think the over/under is more than 45 points.  you know it seems that most people (not you, just a general observation) talking about the title game really don't have any idea about what bama is this year.   this is not your typical bama team.  bama's interior offensive line is not very good and they have been stagnant in a number of games offensively.  this game against washington wasn't their first time they have struggled.  alabama can't run inside and impose their will anymore.  their offensive has struggled.  their strength is at tackle so their best chance to run is to the outside.  the other issue they have is a true freshman who has had an up and down year.  clemson's front 7 is very very good and they have a good secondary.  they the ability to get pressure on hurts and also to slow down that outside running game.  the big wild card is oj howard.  can clemson cover him?  

now defensively bama is great, but they were great last year as well.  their secondary can be beaten and will be in this game.. renfrow, former walkon, was beating the crap out of 5 star johnnys all up and down the field last year and that won't change.  he will get a number of catches.  last year clemson did not have the best wr in the nation playing because he was hurt in game 1. mike williams is playing and he will get his catches as well.  gallman is a guy clemson must use a lot.  last year in the title game you started to see them move the ball more effectively when he was being used.  he is a player that will give bama fits.  the key for the clemson offense is will watson make good decisions.  deshawn has 17 interceptions.. that is not a good stat at all.  DW must do a better job with his decision making.  watson's legs will give bama issues as well.  

the key to the score imo will be does hurts turn the ball over.  I believe he has 3 turnovers in the game and watson has a few as well.  my prediction is clemson 33 alabama 27.  if not for special team's blunders that gave bama 14 points clemson wins last year.  i don't believe they make the same mistakes and get a big win. 

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

i agree with most of what you said above.  although i think the over/under is more than 45 points.  you know it seems that most people (not you, just a general observation) talking about the title game really don't have any idea about what bama is this year.   this is not your typical bama team.  bama's interior offensive line is not very good and they have been stagnant in a number of games offensively.  this game against washington wasn't their first time they have struggled.  alabama can't run inside and impose their will anymore.  their offensive has struggled.  their strength is at tackle so their best chance to run is to the outside.  the other issue they have is a true freshman who has had an up and down year.  clemson's front 7 is very very good and they have a good secondary.  they the ability to get pressure on hurts and also to slow down that outside running game.  the big wild card is oj howard.  can clemson cover him?  

now defensively bama is great, but they were great last year as well.  their secondary can be beaten and will be in this game.. renfrow, former walkon, was beating the crap out of 5 star johnnys all up and down the field last year and that won't change.  he will get a number of catches.  last year clemson did not have the best wr in the nation playing because he was hurt in game 1. mike williams is playing and he will get his catches as well.  gallman is a guy clemson must use a lot.  last year in the title game you started to see them move the ball more effectively when he was being used.  he is a player that will give bama fits.  the key for the clemson offense is will watson make good decisions.  deshawn has 17 interceptions.. that is not a good stat at all.  DW must do a better job with his decision making.  watson's legs will give bama issues as well.  

the key to the score imo will be does hurts turn the ball over.  I believe he has 3 turnovers in the game and watson has a few as well.  my prediction is clemson 33 alabama 27.  if not for special team's blunders that gave bama 14 points clemson wins last year.  i don't believe they make the same mistakes and get a big win. 

Should be a good game.  I will be pulling for Alabama but think Clemson has a shot.  I agree on what you said above but one thing about Clemson is they have been very inconsistent this year.  They have looked better the last few games but they have looked like total crap in a few games.  NC State should have beat them and Pitt did beat them.  Clemson has a really good defense too.  I say alabama wins a close one like last year 31-28

Edited by sassy_bird

I happen to think that Saban is the best college coach of his time.  An argument can be made that he is the best college coach in history.  

I am pulling for Alabama, but I also think that Clemson has the team speed to win this game.  This should be an instant classic.