No time to be 'scared'

Geneaut

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” 
 Frank Herbert, Dune

Look, my friends. Fear is a natural state for the Falcon's fan. I understand. Too much 'history' for some of you to let go and just ride this fun train to the end of the line. 

However I'd like you guys to just humor me for a second, and check out these videos.

JJ 300 yards vs Panthers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_EHUMiT2Pw

Taylor Gabriel 47 yard TD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvv3TTN1RB4

Vic Beasley 3 sack day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0CaMNlGT64

Keanu Neal rookie highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szIiheWxTA8

Devonta Freeman 207 total yards vs Saints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN61cLeVLLE

We can hang with any team in the NFL. We are legit. Just sit back and enjoy this experience.

4 hours ago, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I declare that "legit" "real" and "totes" are officially dead in 2017.  RISE UP!  Spread the word... you do not have to add "legit" to a statement for it to have impact.

Ok, pardner.

I come from the '2 Legit 2 Quit' Falcons days so it's kind of stuck in my fandom brain LOL.

Edited by Geneaut

I'm with you Geneaut!

I'm so tired of the scaredy cats that shiver in their boots at every challenge and then want to come back out of their shell when the Falcons put foot to arse like they always believed. 

There are some posters that were expecting great things since preseason and calling for a big improvement based on our team. There were others that were doubtful and called for the heads of everyone from Matt to Kyle to Dan Quin. Now that the season has taken a favorable turn some of those folks have tried to blend right back in like they were always their with the faithful. :rolleyes:

Amazingly after us only losing 5 games and no loss being by more than 9 points (combined we have 22 points in our losses) we still have "fans" doubting the validity of the team. We have the chance to do something amazing this year. Folks were preaching about us having a minimum 2-3 year rebuilding period before we were competitive. That narrative has changed. It's time to embrace our team fully and support them without the constant second guessing. We get enough of that from the media. 

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

You're missing the point of the "scared" threads

OK.

Did the "________ is going to beat us by XX points" threads from earlier in the season morph into the 'I'm scared/terrified/petrified' threads of the last few weeks?

In that case ... carry on. If not, then Francis needs to lighten up :)

2 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

It was a ritual. Even though we were playing weaker teams the posts titled "scared of so and so" because we were blowing out teams when the threads were posted and not necessarily winning when not. Some of the threads mention it. It doesn't mean that we were actually scared. 

I got you on the ritual. I think Gene is trying to combat the newest neurosis on not being like the Patriots and dominating in the second half translates to "I'm scared we'll get blown out in the second half in the playoffs " mantra. See Moore's topic.

14 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

It was a ritual. Even though we were playing weaker teams the posts titled "scared of so and so" because we were blowing out teams when the threads were posted and not necessarily winning when not. Some of the threads mention it. It doesn't mean that we were actually scared. 

I got those. They usually came out on Monday's after a win, but were typically specifically addressed to the next game's foes.

I'm not getting that vibe from some of these more generic 'scared' posts, but it's all good. If that gets people through the day then it is what it is.

For everyone that is scared of the Packers since they almost beat us earlier, here's some food for thought:

We've improved on defense tremendously since the bye week.

They're completely one dimensional on offense and their defense cannot hang with us. 

Their best receivers are Jordy Nelson and Davante Adams and Collins/Alford matchup well.

Rodgers will get his, but if we lose to a crippled Packers team with no rushing attack or defense in sight then we don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl.

Well, it's kind of like i said earlier in the season. There's just a calmer feeling about this bunch than I've had in a while. I'm not saying they can't be beat, I'm just saying I'm not going to be scared of it. I seriously think this team can go 60 minutes with any squad in the NFL and play them competitively.

However, if 'concern' is what gets your palimino trotting up the trail then who am I to argue ?

4 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Well, it's kind of like i said earlier in the season. There's just a calmer feeling about this bunch than I've had in a while. I'm not saying they can't be beat, I'm just saying I'm not going to be scared of it. I seriously think this team can go 60 minutes with any squad in the NFL and play them competitively.

However, if 'concern' is what gets your palimino trotting up the trail then who am I to argue ?

Exactly. If we lose it'll be off some heartbreaker bs where we fumble at the wrong time, I don't think we get dominated by anyone. I think we have the potential to beat the brakes off of some playoff teams and we're a good enough team to hang with anyone.

And if we lose? We have a good offseason and we're in shape to win the division and take another shot next year. I'm not worried. As long as Ryan has an offensive line and a running-gain we'll always have a good shot.