NFL Live-Overreaction Monday-ATL SB Hopes: Underrated?

fuego

Trey Wingo, Ryan Clark, Tim Hasselbeck, Herm Edwards. They start by showing ESPN's own Football Power Index that shows the percent chance to win NFC and make it to the SB:

Falcons 43%

Cowboys 32%

Seahawks 11%

Packers 11%

Giants 3%

Then the question: Falcons Super Bowl chances are underrated?

Clark: Not an Overreaction

This offense is playing at a clip I've never seen. This is not an overreaction. We should be looking at this team as a huge threat to the Dallas Cowboys. If watch Matt Ryan play right now and the way he's spraying the ball around, I don't know what you focus on as a defensive coordinator or a defense to stop this team.

Hasselbeck: Not an overreaction for me either. 

Their offense is awesome. What happened is Julio Jones has missed some time and they've had some other wide receivers step up, and so now I think there passing game is gonna have some balance to it we didn't see during the regular season. We'll see it in the post season. And defensively they've been a new team. I mean Dan Quinn was supposed to put his mark on that defense, seems like he has. 

Edwards: Not an overreaction. 

When you look at this offense it's the only offense in the NFL in the top 5 passing...top 5 running. People don't realize that (Trey: balance is important). Two big time runners, and it all started I think, and we've said this before, Alex Mack. He really solidified the offensive line and from there they have opened it up. They have two big runners: Freeman and Coleman, they can catch it as well. For me, the game that showed me that this team was different is when they played Denver in Denver (Trey: and that's when Denver was still Denver). Denver was really a good football team (Clark: the blueprint was laid out...) That is exactly right. Here's who we are. And they have been very good the whole season (Hasselbeck: Seattle in Seattle as well). 

Trey: Well it's interesting...so much has been made about big splash free agents, but you're right. Alex Mack was the most impactful free agent. That changed everything because for two years, three years, bad offensive line, bad defensive line. They shored up both sides of the line of scrimmage. And that has allowed everything to happen on defense and especially on offense in Matt Ryan's MVP type season.

Two more questions but I won't transcribe all the talk, just the results.

Packers will run the entire table?

Ryan: Overreaction. Hasselbeck: Overreaction.  Edwards: Overreaction. So none thought the Packers would run the table and win the SB.

Seahawks Super Bowl chances are overrated?

All 3, not an overreaction. "Clark: First of all who believes they are going to go to the SB?" None thought they would make it. 

Also, Herm Edwards said the SB would be the Falcons and the Chiefs. Hasselbeck said it would be the Falcons and the Patriots. 

Anyway, give me some 'like' love. I had to transcribe this. There's probably a video out there of this, but if there is don't tell me. lol.

5 hours ago, fuego said:

Trey Wingo, Ryan Clark, Tim Hasselbeck, Herm Edwards. They start by showing ESPN's own Football Power Index that shows the percent chance to win NFC and make it to the SB:

Falcons 43%

Cowboys 32%

Seahawks 11%

Packers 11%

Giants 3%

This offense is playing at a clip I've never seen. This is not an overreaction. We should be looking at this team as a huge threat to the Dallas Cowboys. If watch Matt Ryan play right now and the way he's spraying the ball around, I don't know what you focus on as a defensive coordinator or a defense to stop this team.

Their offense is awesome. What happened is Julio Jones has missed some time and they've had some other wide receivers step up, and so now I think there passing game is gonna have some balance to it we didn't see during the regular season. We'll see it in the post season. And defensively they've been a new team. I mean Dan Quinn was supposed to put his mark on that defense, seems like he has. 

When you look at this offense it's the only offense in the NFL in the top 5 passing...top 5 running. People don't realize that (Trey: balance is important). Two big time runners, and it all started I think, and we've said this before, Alex Mack. He really solidified the offensive line and from there they have opened it up. They have two big runners: Freeman and Coleman, they can catch it as well. For me, the game that showed me that this team was different is when they played Denver in Denver (Trey: and that's when Denver was still Denver). Denver was really a good football team (Clark: the blueprint was laid out...) That is exactly right. Here's who we are. And they have been very good the whole season (Hasselbeck: Seattle in Seattle as well). 

Trey: Well it's interesting...so much has been made about big splash free agents, but you're right. Alex Mack was the most impactful free agent. That changed everything because for two years, three years, bad offensive line, bad defensive line. They shored up both sides of the line of scrimmage. And that has allowed everything to happen on defense and especially on offense in Matt Ryan's MVP type season.

Ryan: Overreaction. Hasselbeck: Overreaction.  Edwards: Overreaction. So none thought the Packers would run the table and win the SB.

All 3, not an overreaction. "Clark: First of all who believes they are going to go to the SB?" None thought they would make it. 

Also, Herm Edwards said the SB would be the Falcons and the Chiefs. Hasselbeck said it would be the Falcons and the Patriots. 

Anyway, give me some 'like' love. I had to transcribe this. There's probably a video out there of this, but if there is don't tell me. lol.

Offense didn't have balance among the receivers until Julio was out?? 13 td receivers come on hassleback 

14 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Offense didn't have balance among the receivers until Julio was out?? 13 td receivers come on hassleback 

I think I understand what he was trying to say. Which I think was something like - defensive coordinators were able to focus on Julio and force the Falcons to beat you with everyone else. But now, they must contend with the entire receiving corps, plus our RBs catching passes out of the backfield, on top of the explosive running attack that can take it 75 yards to the house.

I'll admit, I had us finishing the season at 9 - 7 and missing the playoffs all together (based on stiff division competition). But, this team has surprised me. Having said all that however, throughout his career Matt Ryan has not had similar success in the post season as he has enjoyed during the regular season; so the jury is still out on whether or not this team can continue this run. I hope they do.

5 hours ago, fuego said:

Falcons 43%

Cowboys 32%

Seahawks 11%

Packers 11%

Giants 3%

You did a pretty good job capturing what was said.  I saw this on ESPN as well.

These are guys that played the game and not one of them was concerned about why happened at the end of the game against the saints because they new the game was over long before the 19 garbage time points that scared so many of our fans. They know the defense shut the saints down for 3qtrs. Almost unheard of. We have a real contender falcons nation. Accept it. 

2 hours ago, wizeone said:

I think I understand what he was trying to say. Which I think was something like - defensive coordinators were able to focus on Julio and force the Falcons to beat you with everyone else. But now, they must contend with the entire receiving corps, plus our RBs catching passes out of the backfield, on top of the explosive running attack that can take it 75 yards to the house.

I'll admit, I had us finishing the season at 9 - 7 and missing the playoffs all together (based on stiff division competition). But, this team has surprised me. Having said all that however, throughout his career Matt Ryan has not had similar success in the post season as he has enjoyed during the regular season; so the jury is still out on whether or not this team can continue this run. I hope they do.

The last time we made the postseason  - 2012 - Ryan set the NFL record for highest QBR in a playoff game

27 minutes ago, fuego said:

And we still blew a 17 point lead in the NFCCG.

Ryan didn't blow the lead, they were talking about Ryan in the playoffs, his,last game 2012 he played pretty **** good against a top tiered defense (Niners)  **** he wasn't bad against Seattle that year either. Smitty went conservative and Falcons had no running game.

I.e. Ryan wasn't the reason they lost, Harry tripping and Roddy"s non call killed them as much as anything. Birds,aren't going to get any respect till they win it all it's that simple

Just now, putnam6 said:

Ryan didn't blow the lead, they were talking about Ryan in the playoffs, his,last game 2012 he played pretty **** good against a top tiered defense (Niners)  **** he wasn't bad against Seattle that year either. Smitty went conservative and Falcons had no running game.

Ryan was throwing some dimes to Jones that game.