What we need to work on in the "bye weeK"....

Club212

We all know the positives on what we're capable of doing....BUT, I see three area's definitely needs improving....1- Use of timeouts, it seems we're not prepared at times, it's a re occuring problem, whether we have a lead or not, is this on DQ or the Co-ordinators with personel? 2- Bad penalties, that was one thing Smitty was best at with players (Mathews - 2 false starts in a row???) 3- Hate to harp on it, Special Teams, predictable onsides kick, we looked terrible...Weems on PR looks like he lost some speed, I know, too late to replace this time of year.

30 minutes ago, Kend789 said:

I been thinking about the time out usage as well. Hopefully they clean all this up. If we don't beat ourselves with sloppy play we can run the table

What is funny is they prepared for NO's late substitution game all week, and they still had to burn timeouts to get the right guys out there. The good new is, positive plays generally followed time outs. 

37 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I agree about the timeouts. We burn them early a whole lot. It hasn't hurt us badly up to this point but we may need those to close out halves in the playoffs. I hope we can get that squared away.

I have mixed feelings about timeouts. Teams almost always go into halftime with all three TOs remaining. In the second half, there's a better chance you'll need them in crunch time. But if you use a timeout when your offense is in the wrong alignment, and it saves an INT, then it was worth it.

I'm already thinking "how would the Patriots coaching staff game plan against us" which to an extent is how I'm looking at other teams stratagems. Which is also pretty much what Andy Reid did.

Keep the Falcons defense on the field with as many snaps as possible, put a heavy focus on out scheming our personnel formations. (All of which is I'm aware, stupid obvious)

Like another poster mentioned earlier while I adore what Quinn has been able to acomplish he's still a novice in a lot of areas of the overall management of the game and it's cost us in spots this year.

It seems like there has been some kind of communication breakdown the last 2 games.I have seen Matt PISSED and chewing *** out at the sidelines.Special teams need a boot in the ***,first a fake punt on 4th and 17 with KC results in a TD.just pathetic and the onside kick.AWARENESS people.I think Weems has seen his last season here even as a special teams stud.I mean really,we have aldrick robinson,nick williams and JD McKissic just chomping at the bit to prove themselves and that is way down from JJ,Sanu,Gabriel and Justin Hardy.so we can spare a body and not put the receiver corps in jeopardy.We need better decision making on returns.And lastly,I agree that we go into prevent way too early.I want Quinn to put his foot on the neck of the next team we meet and not let up until the clock reads 00:00.