Good article about awards race..you'll like the MVP part

MSalmon

I forgot that ABC is owned by (or owns?) ESPN. I read this earlier on ESPN and had a double take.

I like Barnwell. He writes some good stuff - and not just because he gives us credit. He digs deep into the numbers to give you cool insights. Not just the same old "Matty Ice is cool under pressure" jingo that the other hacks throw out. 

There's nothing wrong with Beasley turning basically every one of his pressures into sacks, but it does suggest his sack total inflates his perceived impact on the game. A typical pass-rusher with 15.5 sacks will have another 20 plays in which he knocks down the opposing quarterback as he makes the throw, likely forcing an incompletion or even a possible interception. Beasley doesn't have many of those plays this season. Because of that, although Beasley comes close, Miller still sneaks this one out for me.

Winner: Von Miller

I'm incredibly okay with this because they gave a reason.

Ryan deserves it and it shouldn't even be that close or a big debate. Every other QB in history with his numbers has won it.

I listened to a few minutes of Mike and Mike and some on there discredited him because of how he played last year, and said he needed to string a couple of seasons together and get name recognition. Seriously.

This was Ryan Clark, Waddell, and little Golic.

Ridiculous, Cam has a great 2nd half and wins in. Rodgers, this year, has had a good stretch, Brady a nice 12 games, but Ryan can't win it because he struggled last year?

Edited by jeffro2000

4 minutes ago, GTFalcon25 said:

I forgot that ABC is owned by (or owns?) ESPN. I read this earlier on ESPN and had a double take.

I like Barnwell. He writes some good stuff - and not just because he gives us credit. He digs deep into the numbers to give you cool insights. Not just the same old "Matty Ice is cool under pressure" jingo that the other hacks throw out. 

The only one I disagree with is Debo getting no love. But that said he may emerge. He's got great stat lines among the rooks

Just now, jeffro2000 said:

Ryan deserves it and it shouldn't even be that close or a big debate. Every other QB in history with his numbers has won it.

I listened to a few minutes of Mike and Mike and some on their discredited him because of how he played last year, and said he needed to string a couple of seasons together and get name recognition. Seriously.

This was Ryan Clark, Waddell, and little Golic.

Ridiculous, Cam has a great 2nd half and wins in. Rodgers, this year, has had a good stretch, Brady a nice 12 games, but Ryan can't win it because he struggled last year?

They never go off multiple seasons, or cam wouldn't have won it. Mike and Mike have mutated into the new Jim Rome just saying crapola ...heck half the time both aren't on the show together

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

The only one I disagree with is Debo getting no love. But that said he may emerge. He's got great stat lines among the rooks

Should have mentioned him for sure. I don't think he or Neal are DPOY DROY, though. Still good rookie seasons, though. 

Edited by GTFalcon25

20 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

I'm incredibly okay with this because they gave a reason.

Yeah, I have said this all year. Beasley doesn't have the pressures that Vonn has, and probably hasn't affected games as much. I am fine with Vonn winning it because he has been more disruptive.

I'm thankful Beasley has emerged though and gives us that threat. Bosa will win DPOY and I'm fine with it too but Jones should be considered.

Edited by jeffro2000

6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

They never go off multiple seasons, or cam wouldn't have won it. Mike and Mike have mutated into the new Jim Rome just saying crapola ...heck half the time both aren't on the show together

I know, it was just mind boggling that they said such. I rarely watch any of these shows and dont care what they say, but flipped it on around 6:30 this morning. Asinine.

Also, yeah McNair and Manning shared the MVP one year. Voters just write 1 name as winner. There is no 2nd,3rd, etc. Most 1st place votes win

Edited by jeffro2000