Falcons continue to get no respect

bravofalcons

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Good post. I saw a different Ryan in the Saints road game. That was really something else

Yes, that was the type of game we use to let opponent dictate to us....matt enforced  his will on the team in that game, you could see it in his whole body language, and the team followed accordingly.  My biggest past criticism of matt was to be that kind of leader, and you're right, he's been that ever since that first Aints game. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes, that was the type of game we use to let opponent dictate to us....matt enforced  his will on the team in that game, you could see it in his whole body language, and the team followed accordingly.  My biggest past criticism of matt was to be that kind of leader, and you're right, he's been that ever since that first Aints game. 

I've always been a Ryan defender claiming that he's been more than capable of winning a super bowl with the right supporting cast. He surprised me this season with his play. This is the 1st year where he looked legitimately elite and a top 3 QB in the league

Edited by JD dirtybird21

19 minutes ago, Reggie_Kelly said:

When the Falcons have 1 playoff win in 8 years.. You really haven't earned the respect like the Packers or the Pats.

The Falcons that won 1 playoff game in 8 years isn't this team at all....what...aren't Babs and Ryan the only two that go back to 2008...completely different team. That's the problem, they should be judged, going forward this year, on this year's team, not some completely different team from 2008 or 2010. 

Edited by gp_74

9 hours ago, thewatcher said:

that's because the falcons wouldn't beat the pats lets be serious here 

Whoa! Excuse me! They "wouldn't" beat the Pat's? Like they don't want to? Are you saying they couldn't beat the Patriots? They can beat the Patriots and they will! And believe it or not they are studying Falcons film cause they are not stupid! 

Flying under the radar is optimal.

External expectations are low, hence less pressure or unwanted attention. The lack of "respect" from the media (local and national) helps create a bunker mentality... this plays right into Quinn's "brothership" culture. Also, it keeps us (the fans) a little more involved because of the perceived injustice of being ignored. If I were Dan Quinn or any of the leaders in that locker room I'd be ecstatic that we're being over looked by so many people.

I'm no fan of the Patriots but this is exactly how Bellicik keeps his team motivated even when they're winning all of the time. Because so many people outside of New England HATE that team (myself included) it provides them a constant source of motivational material. You keep your team just a little angry at the outside world to stoke that competitive spirit.

I love this even FS1 and ESPN both today it was all about Brady vs Rodgers no real mention of anyone else outside of those two, but trust and believe I do think MR2 gets MVP. 

Let them continue the under the radar trend cause then it's all about them, and they won't see us coming like this entire year.