Broncos have requested interview with Kyle

Clark

1 minute ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

Denver seems unlikely, since he wants Mike to be in the front office.  I am not sure Elway would agree to that.

Media rumors about mike are most likely just that...rumors. Denver makes a Ton of sense for Kyle. 

10 minutes ago, WiscoFalcon said:

This could be his big break.

Really don't want Matt to have a fourth OC...

If Lafleur gets promoted to OC, it will be basically the same offense as Kyle's. I think Denver would be a good fit for Kyle (he used to be a ball boy there and his father won 2 Super Bowls). He would need a QB though like Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins.

2 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

it would take about 2 or 3 years to get Denver competitive and that defense is getting a long in the tooth.

Huh? Ray, No way would it take that long. ****, they're already competitive. 

Edited by Vandy

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Media rumors about mike are most likely just that...rumors. Denver makes a Ton of sense for Kyle. 

All the sense in the world. Top 10 defense and the best offensive pieces of any team looking for a new coach. Plus, he gets to shape Lynch without having to unlearn a lot of other coaching. Perfect situation for any coach looking to take over a team, IMO.

22 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

It'll be ok.  KS has a great scheme but he will be leaving players who can run that scheme (especially QB) behind.  Only SD has a proven QB.  We can find an OC who can work with the riches we have in offense..

I know I'l probably get hammered.....but would Chip Kelley be a good OC? I don't have a clue...that's why I ask.

4 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I know I'l probably get hammered.....but would Chip Kelley be a good OC? I don't have a clue...that's why I ask.

You won't get hammered by me. Quinn won't love Kelley's philosophy about running the hurry up all the time. He would probably have no problem with his basic scheme, other than we don't want Ryan keeping the ball on read option plays. Kelly like's to do that. We run the read option, but its usually a handoff/quick pass option. We did run it once on the goal line vs. NO in week 3. I think they looked at the tape after that game, and said: "Let's take that one out of the offense until we find a desperate moment somewhere deep in the post season." Ryan was contacted rather roughly on the play.

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

He's probably as good as gone. Like many have said Ryan can run it. Kyle has taught him the system. Matt can be like Peyton manning was with the Colts. 

He already is. 

Anyone know off top of their head who Peyton's OC was when indy won super bowl?

37 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

If Lafleur gets promoted to OC, it will be basically the same offense as Kyle's. I think Denver would be a good fit for Kyle (he used to be a ball boy there and his father won 2 Super Bowls). He would need a QB though like Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins.

You cannot assume that Shanahan wouldn't take Lafleur with him though & have him as the OC there. Further, just because Lafleur has familiarity with the scheme, it doesn't mean he's any good at play calling. It's one thing to know the calls, it's another to also know when to make those calls.

34 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Nah, they just a running back and a couple of olineman. Paxton Lynch will be fine with experience. That defense is still elite.

Exactly. They could be right back in the SB in no time and Shanahan could be just the guy to get them back there. He has the smarts and that air of superiority that works well as HC. He's probably their guy.