Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zone#7

Something is up folks.........(Maybe just overreaction)

49 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

If Howard is here and the Hawks have 3 straight seasons of him not moving the needle and the team winning 40-45 games, will y'all admit that we're right on Howard not being a needle mover anymore?

More worried about how far we go in playoffs..

2 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

More worried about how far we go in playoffs..

First, second round exit, or not in the playoffs. Every year Howard is here. Bookmark it. He will not move the needle farther than that.

And besides, history says you have to be a 50+ win team (or prorated to 50+) to have a chance at doing anything in the NBA historically.

9 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

First, second round exit, or not in the playoffs. Every year Howard is here. Bookmark it. He will not move the needle farther than that.

And besides, history says you have to be a 50+ win team (or prorated to 50+) to have a chance at doing anything in the NBA historically.

Hilarious you say 3 different outcomes and then say no further than that.. why not throw one more in there? LOLOLOLOL 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:32 PM, VoiceofReason95 said:

It's coming. Believe me it is. It may not fully surface itself this season, but it's coming. You still aren't getting it. Millsap is the main player that lubricates this offense. Lose him, and you are nowhere on offense.

This is the first and last season for Howard in Atlanta.

Who are you trying to convince here?  This should be very obvious.  Hawks have already essentially dealt Korver and marketing Millsap.  Millsap is the glue.  Korver was a vital piece.  Without those two, there is no competitive team.  Baze deal was Koncak-like atrocious!  Whosever idea that was should be banished from a job...any job -- just too stupid.  His next job should be a bum.  Nobody should hire him.  I mean WTF!  Baze is at best a bench role player.  The only place the Hawks can go from here after blowing up the team is 20 wins for the next few years.  Wake me when it's over.

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, bweb blapho said:

Who are you trying to convince here?  This should be very obvious.  Hawks have already essentially dealt Korver and marketing Millsap.  Millsap is the glue.  Korver was a vital piece.  Without those two, there is no competitive team.  Baze deal was Koncak-like atrocious!  Whosever idea that was should be banished from a job...any job -- just too stupid.  His next job should be a bum.  Nobody should hire him.  I mean WTF!  Baze is at best a bench role player.  The only place the Hawks can go from here after blowing up the team is 20 wins for the next few years.  Wake me when it's over.

Korver's time had come.. he WAS a good player but his d was lacking and his shot was trending in the wrong direction.. fantastic locker room guy and great in the community but it was time.. 

Millsap they've been gauging interest in for over a year now.. personally I'd love to keep him. he's gonna have a hefty price tag so... we'll see.. 

baze, I liked that we brought him back but for the amount? Nah.. 

but I'm not gonna pretend like losing a player of Korver's skill set is gonna hinder our ability to win games.. I mean since starting to bring him off the bench, the team was performing better.. but don't want to lose Millsap.. unless we get over market value 

Edited by TheTrue7

You guys are ridiculous. It's like the Shanahan conspiracies all over again. Here we are about to win our sixth game in a row and yall are crying foul. Korver and Millsap were about to be unrestricted free agents after this season. We're trying to get something instead of lose them for nothing. Yet somehow some of yall see this as Dwight Howard causing some locker room fallout.

Image result for Funny Shaking Head GIF

13 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

You guys are ridiculous. It's like the Shanahan conspiracies all over again. Here we are about to win our sixth game in a row and yall are crying foul. Korver and Millsap were about to be unrestricted free agents after this season. We're trying to get something instead of lose them for nothing. Yet somehow some of yall see this as Dwight Howard causing some locker room fallout.

Thank u! 

I really don't want to trade Millsap. I didn't want to trade Korver either, but it isn't an awful deal tbh. THJ has emerged and is playing much better than Korver. 

9 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

No why because the main difference between the Hawks/Falcons are this Shanny was 8-8 in season one Matt Ryan was looking pretty bad too. Were conspiracies unwarranted yes, but you understood why they were there. Now he's 11-5 we could be in Super Bowl, and he's candidate for HC job next season.

Bud on the other hand when he got here expectations were low because we'd never been past second round regardless, and then he took us to ECF with a 60 win season. Next year last season we didn't finish so high, but then you come into this season we lose Teague/Horford, and a couple others, and start off extremely hot just to fall back to earth.

Now with that said I changed my thread title to maybe a bit of overreaction for a reason, but at the same time it's been warranted we all know Dwight Howard's status as a player everywhere he's gone got the coach fired Orlando, Lakers, and Houston. However I do see they are back up to 4th in the east standings, but it still doesn't dismiss there could be happenings in the locker room that we don't know about.

VoiceofReason could be correct, and I've also had a friend very recently tell me something similar about the Dwight situation.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

No why because the main difference between the Hawks/Falcons are this Shanny was 8-8 in season one Matt Ryan was looking pretty bad too. Were conspiracies unwarranted yes, but you understood why they were there. Now he's 11-5 we could be in Super Bowl, and he's candidate for HC job next season.

Bud on the other hand when he got here expectations were low because we'd never been past second round regardless, and then he took us to ECF with a 60 win season. Next year last season we didn't finish so high, but then you come into this season we lose Teague/Horford, and a couple others, and start off extremely hot just to fall back to earth.

Now with that said I changed my thread title to maybe a bit of overreaction for a reason, but at the same time it's been warranted we all know Dwight Howard's status as a player everywhere he's gone got the coach fired Orlando, Lakers, and Houston. However I do see they are back up to 4th in the east standings, but it still doesn't dismiss there could be happenings in the locker room that we don't know about.

VoiceofReason could be correct, and I've also had a friend very recently tell me something similar about the Dwight situation.

I've heard nothing but good things about how the locker room is.. it was emotional when Kyle was traded but that's understandable.. even Howard put out a very respectful message to him.. some just seriously grasp for straws.. 

winners of 6 straight and 8 of 10.. just saying 

Edited by TheTrue7
blkbigdog35 and JerseyNo12 like this

13 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

LMAO, and you can name a few posters in here who have been screaming it's all on Dwight.

TheTrue7 and JerseyNo12 like this

On 1/7/2017 at 11:01 PM, JerseyNo12 said:

By trading Korver to the cavs, making them better in the process? Good plan there hawks. 

Millsap no longer on the block.. chirp chirp little birdie   :lol:

Edited by TheTrue7

On 1/9/2017 at 7:15 PM, TheTrue7 said:

Millsap no longer on the block.. chirp chirp little birdie   :lol:

If the Hawks offer a max contract to Millsap.  I can see him taking it (captain obvious statement).  I wish they could front load the contract (if this happens)  

If we trade him then we get what we get IF WE DO.  Just my thoughts    

2 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

If the Hawks offer a max contract to Millsap.  I can see him taking it (captain obvious statement).  I wish they could front load the contract (if this happens)  

If we trade him then we get what we get IF WE DO.  Just my thoughts    

Wouldn't bother me a bit if he got the max.. just need to shore up the 3 spot and we're good.. if he does get traded, I trust that it will be worthwhile.. 

millsap is worth it.. brings a lot to the table

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, Nereek said:

By trading Korver to the cavs, making them better in the process? Good plan there hawks. 

Yeah, because we weren't getting anywhere keeping him here.

23 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Yeah, because we weren't getting anywhere keeping him here.

You don't have to keep him, just don't trade him to a team like the Cavs, within our own conference, of all teams. 

16 hours ago, Nereek said:

You don't have to keep him, just don't trade him to a team like the Cavs, within our own conference, of all teams. 

It's whatever man. We needed assets. If the Cavs are the only team willing to part ways with a first rounder and players for Kyle Korver, then so be it. We're not championship contenders yet anyway.

jayu70 and blkbigdog35 like this

8 hours ago, Rise said:

My Prediction: PF Anthony Davis will be a Hawk in 2017-2018.

We do not have rhe assets to get him.