Jump to content

Something is up folks.........(Maybe just overreaction)


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'll admit haven't been watching the Hawks like I use to that might change if I can change jobs, and get out of working A.M shift, but this isn't about me lol. 

Just saw on ESPN this, and it has me worried. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18390624/atlanta-hawks-fielding-trade-offers-paul-millsap-sources-say

I only say it has me worried because just talking with a friend who was claiming the Hawks internally may have some problems, and it could be centering around Dwight Howard again. I know they keep saying don't want to lose him to Free Agency, but why all of a sudden are we scared about losing him, and couple with the fact I know I've kept up with the Hawks to know Bazemore is not the same as a year ago etc. 

I might be over-reacting on this, but hey this time last year or 2 years ago we weren't 18-16, and also we do have freaking Dwight Howard. 

Other notes from that convo I didn't know about apparently Indiana and Chicago are both Dumpster fires right now Indiana stars secretly or openly hate each other, and Chicago completely hates Rondo right now(Not new, but still). 

Edited by Zone#7
Change title
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Failing to see how that has anything to do with Howard.. seems like some just love to point the finger at him for everything.. 

Maybe they're just testing the market to see if it would be better to trade than offer max money.. 

whats funny is that we're still the 5th seed in the east, 2 games back of the 3rd seed with as bad as we've been.. just need to get in sync

Edited by TheTrue7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Failing to see how that has anything to do with Howard.. seems like some just love to point the finger at him for everything.. 

Maybe they're just testing the market to see if it would be better to trade than offer max money.. 

whats funny is that we're still the 5th seed in the east, 2 games back of the 3rd seed with as bad as we've been.. just need to get in sync

It's just a theory, but this season has been a big mystery for most, and again I'm on outside looking in, but from what I gather from people here, and just looking at scores online. We still have virtually the same team from last year, and up to 2 years ago minus Horford/Teague/Carroll, and now with Millsap possibly on trading block which to me makes sense, and doesn't at the same time. It might be premature, but some of this could be on Dwight. Now so far we haven't heard anything, but we do know his track record so far with Lakers/Houston, and who's to say some of that might not be happening before out eyes? 

Now with all that, and even the previous post it could be much to do about nothing, and we should just "carry on", it's just that you notice things is all. 

Edited by Zone#7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

It's just a theory, but this season has been a big mystery for most, and again I'm on outside looking in, but from what I gather from people here, and just looking at scores online. We still have virtually the same team from last year, and up to 2 years ago minus Horford/Teague/Carroll, and now with Millsap possibly on trading block which to me makes sense, and doesn't at the same time. It might be premature, but some of this could be on Dwight. Now so far we haven't heard anything, but we do know his track record so far with Lakers/Houston, and who's to say some of that might not be happening before out eyes? 

Now with all that, and even the previous post it could be much to do about nothing, and we should just "carry on", it's just that you notice things is all. 

Millsap was talked about being traded before as well.. the Howard issues in LA and Houston are slightly a skewed in my opinion.. and this isn't the same team as last year.. 40% of the starting lineup is different and we actually have a legit rebounder.. 

i just think they're still trying to get in sync.. nice win last night.. let's just hope it continues 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I think Howard has improved this team however I think that with the guard and small forward position we have seen inconsistent play. Coach Bud is still searching for the right lineup but I think it's time to move Korver and give guys like Scott and THJ more minutes because they provide outside shooting as well as defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Personally I think Howard has improved this team however I think that with the guard and small forward position we have seen inconsistent play. Coach Bud is still searching for the right lineup but I think it's time to move Korver and give guys like Scott and THJ more minutes because they provide outside shooting as well as defense.

That's what I've been hearing about THJ is that he's very good, but he's not ready to give the keys. Still though at this point this is all just thoughts. If they improve or continue then much to do about nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zone#7 said:

That's what I've been hearing about THJ is that he's very good, but he's not ready to give the keys. Still though at this point this is all just thoughts. If they improve or continue then much to do about nothing. 

I think it's more to do with chemistry and Coach Bud needs a legit pg to backup Dennis. Baze has been a big disappointment and I don't know if he's pressing or just comfortable but he needs to figure it out. I just hope January is a better month than December.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I think it's more to do with chemistry and Coach Bud needs a legit pg to backup Dennis. Baze has been a big disappointment and I don't know if he's pressing or just comfortable but he needs to figure it out. I just hope January is a better month than December.

Yeah I've been hearing about Baze too something tells me he's comfortable, and we mucked that one up big time. Then again this is a problem across sports in general. These guys get these bigger contracts, and we have this problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2017 at 5:11 AM, Zone#7 said:

I'll admit haven't been watching the Hawks like I use to that might change if I can change jobs, and get out of working A.M shift, but this isn't about me lol. 

Just saw on ESPN this, and it has me worried. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18390624/atlanta-hawks-fielding-trade-offers-paul-millsap-sources-say

I only say it has me worried because just talking with a friend who was claiming the Hawks internally may have some problems, and it could be centering around Dwight Howard again. I know they keep saying don't want to lose him to Free Agency, but why all of a sudden are we scared about losing him, and couple with the fact I know I've kept up with the Hawks to know Bazemore is not the same as a year ago etc. 

I might be over-reacting on this, but hey this time last year or 2 years ago we weren't 18-16, and also we do have freaking Dwight Howard. 

Other notes from that convo I didn't know about apparently Indiana and Chicago are both Dumpster fires right now Indiana stars secretly or openly hate each other, and Chicago completely hates Rondo right now(Not new, but still). 

Our problems are not Dwight related in the big picture.  He is a different player than Horford so an adjustment to Bud's system is expected.  On the court our wings and backup PG were the main culprits.  

Steve Holman (Hawks radio guy) said just this morning Dwight is fitting in well, usually the first to arrive and greets everyone.  He also said it's the happiest he has seen the team in 2 years. 

There is only 1 star in Indy - that's Paul George.  

I can see why Rondo is hated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

The little birdie that said Bud did not want Dwight Howard looks like he's right.

Word is Bud does not like this roster and is planning on blowing it up.

Weird to see you when we're winning.. especially spewing the same ole same ole.. 

Winners of 7 of the last 10 and still within shooting distance of top 3 seed.. :rolleyes:

korver was understandable.. wish we could have gotten more but ''tis what 'tis.. millsap they may just wanna make sure they get something but until something happens I'm not buying.. I've heard he's gonna get traded waaaaaaaaaay too many times now.. I'll believe it when I see it.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Weird to see you when we're winning.. especially spewing the same ole same ole.. 

Winners of 7 of the last 10 and still within shooting distance of top 3 seed.. :rolleyes:

korver was understandable.. wish we could have gotten more but ''tis what 'tis.. millsap they may just wanna make sure they get something but until something happens I'm not buying.. I've heard he's gonna get traded waaaaaaaaaay too many times now.. I'll believe it when I see it.. 

These are VERY reliable sources that are saying that Bud does not love the roster, is planning on rebuilding, and did not want Howard and was forced to get him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Yea and "I hope all the mike smith and mark richt haters are happy" 

sips tea :rolleyes:

It's coming. Believe me it is. It may not fully surface itself this season, but it's coming. You still aren't getting it. Millsap is the main player that lubricates this offense. Lose him, and you are nowhere on offense.

This is the first and last season for Howard in Atlanta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

It's coming. Believe me it is. It may not fully surface itself this season, but it's coming. You still aren't getting it. Millsap is the main player that lubricates this offense. Lose him, and you are nowhere on offense.

This is the first and last season for Howard in Atlanta.

Concerning Howard.. nope.. keep grasping 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...