Awards

Just now, paulitik said:

Deion Jones should be Defensive ROY.

Agreed, I believe he has far better chance than Vic does at DPOY. 

The only other rookie who's been close to him is Jalen Ramsey, and his team got knocked out the playoffs 4 weeks ago. It should definitely be his award. 

4 minutes ago, Willy Mo said:

Agreed, I believe he has far better chance than Vic does at DPOY. 

The only other rookie who's been close to him is Jalen Ramsey, and his team got knocked out the playoffs 4 weeks ago. It should definitely be his award. 

Bosa had an unreal year for a rookie DE. 10.5 sacks in 12 games is nuts. 

I think if Matt gets MVP, it will be hard for Vic to get DPOY and Debo to get DROY. Voters can't fathom Atlanta having that kind of consolidation of talent. Debo would lose out to Bosa, even though he missed games. And Vic is gonna lose out to Von Miller or Khalil Mack. Honestly, a Falcon should win all three awards. 

I really want that MVP. This city just doesn't have a lot of nationally respected accolades to call it's own. (though the Braves do have a handful of MVPs and Cy Youngs over the past 30-40 years so lets not oversell it) 

Of course I'd rather have Lombardi by 1000 miles but if we're being objective that's still a difficult outside shot  (just by nature of the playoffs, tho I like our chances as much as anyone's excepting the Pats who only have to beat backups at home to get to an AFC title game)

The MVP is already there I think and as special as this season has been for our offense, I'd love to have at least one piece of hardware we can look back and point to for future generations to show just how great this QB was (and our kids might not roll their eyes :lol: ) 

If it's a Lombardi so much the better but I'll take the one we've already earned first and at minimum  :D

30 minutes ago, vel said:

I think if Matt gets MVP, it will be hard for Vic to get DPOY and Debo to get DROY. Voters can't fathom Atlanta having that kind of consolidation of talent. Debo would lose out to Bosa, even though he missed games. And Vic is gonna lose out to Von Miller or Khalil Mack. Honestly, a Falcon should win all three awards. 

Yeah no way an 11-5 Atlanta team is going to get more than one pat on the head from the media. I think we get at least one (MattVP) but it wouldn't shock me if they tried to completely over look us