Now that the season is over, who impressed you the most?

AmaZze

I expected Mack to be great for us and I had a pretty good feeling about Neal and Jones.  To me the obvious answer for who exceeded expectation the most is Beasley.  I was optimistic about his future but I would have never though that 15.5 sacks and 6 FF's could be a possibility in his second year.

I feel like our WR corp as a whole should be mentioned as well.  Literally every wide receiver we have made clutch plays all year long.  One goes down, the next comes up with no drop off in production.  Sanu, Gabriel, Robinson, Hardy, and Williams came up big for us.  That's 5 wide receivers not named Julio that have made plays.  Ridiculous.  We might as well start throwing it to linemen now because I feel like everybody on our offensive unit can catch!

Edited by abstract

I expected Vic to make the jump and for Collins to develop into at least a competent nickle CB, but had ZERO expectations for Andy Levitre who was barely better than Person to me last year. With Mack signed, I thought he was going to be, by far, the weakest link of the line. To my surprise, he has been awesome. 

I was also impressed by Coleman's hands. He's caught the ball extremely well and solved his fumbling issues. 

On defense, Poole was a big surprise, but Beasley hands down. I did not expect him to be leading the league in sacks. I was expecting around 8 and he doubled it.

On offense, I'd have to go with Gabriel. I knew Matt was good and always thought people were crazy for talking about moving on from him. I didn't expect this kind of season from him, but Gabriel really came out of nowhere for me.

1 minute ago, Money Lee said:

I expected Vic to make the jump and for Collins to develop into at least a competent nickle CB, but had ZERO expectations for Andy Levitre who was barely better than Person to me last year. With Mack signed, I thought he was going to be, by far, the weakest link of the line. To my surprise, he has been awesome. 

I was also impressed by Coleman's hands. He's caught the ball extremely well and solved his fumbling issues. 

Almost went with Levitre. That trade is looking pretty darn good right about now. 

Jalen Collins.  Ryan is a close second, but I choose Jalen for one primary reason:

I expected Ryan to improve and have a great season (but not in my wildest dreams THIS great).  I was seriously afraid Collins might wash out of the league.  He is a really solid corner, and one of the bright spots on this team.  That surprises the **** out of me, and impresses me even more.  He has really put it together.

Coaching staff.  

Shanny.  I thought defenses were figuring him out.  Turns out he can adjust a well.  

Raheem Morris.  With zero experience coaching offense, he had every receiver contributing. 

Quinn.  Managed to build a team culture even after collapsing last year.  Learned from the first year and grew as a HC. 

Coaching in general.  We had tons of injuries this year and backups stepped up.  We did not see that in Smitty years.  

Some great choices in there but for me it was Keanu Neal,  and Debo, they had some growing pains, but the sky is the ceiling for both these guys , after we win the SB, we have so much to look forward to in the coming seasons.  But neal brought the thump, he put fear in receivers. 

46 minutes ago, AmaZze said:

Obviously their are a handful of guys like our MVP Ryan and DPOY Beasley but I'm gonna go with Poole. Came out of nowhere and made a huge contribution. 

Coaching! It's no accident that we saw contributions from Offense/Defense 2/3 stringers! Henning/Reeves/Smith couldn't have done this with so many players, I forgot June Jones, but he is a coach who specializes in college.