Is our prolific quick strike offense harmful to our defense?

roguebeaver

Heii I mean 21 points in what 5 mins and defense having to play so much on defense? Does this play in to the lapses on D later in the game? I think so, when we start to lose statrters and deplete our rotational guys due to injuries. Also, impacting is the incorrect adjustments at the half by the coaching staff...I assumed for sure, we would put up fifty today, only to have to squeeze my cheeks on the last onside kick tho. 

Anyway, Quinn it's one and done bro going forward...no holds barred! 

Definitely tires out the defense and makes their job a bit harder. I'm sure they don't mind playing ahead, though. And it's a nice feeling knowing that the offense can easily make up for any of your mistakes. 

Edited by Borat

They took the team into the 4th quarter leading 38-13 against a high powered offense-im confident we will not have to worry about facing an offence of that caliber in the playoffs, then with the prevent and add being very tired it caught up with them.  

I'm not really concerned though because any team we face in the playoffs trailing us 35-13 at the half hasn't got a chance.  

10 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Defense was fine until the second half, when we decided to continue to constantly run the ball twice, try to throw for a long third down. Our conservative play the second half , put the offense and the Defense in bad situations.  

Justin Hardy was an inch from putting the game away. Slight hiccup in the plan and those penalties at the end didn't help but a win is a win. 

At times our D doesn't get a lot of rest, but overall we sit at just over 30 minutes average TOP and the #1 team in the league sits at just over 32 minutes. 

I wouldn't be overly concerned with this.. we rotate so much that I don't think being gassed is a big deal. We are exactly 14th in the league in plays per drive, and we are not running tons of hurry up.

We good here..