Epic Fail by coaching staff in 2nd half

QuinnTorris

We will probably win, but this is definitely not the way to go into the post season. Quinn preaches aggressiveness and finishing but today's 2nd half performance was atrocious. The offense only managed 3 dayum points, and the defense gave up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter alone, and it easily could've been 4. Offense, defense, and STs was trash trash trash in the 2nd half. Then you don't even let Ryan get 5k yards but leave him in the game to get hit and hand the ball off. This looked like watching the Mike Smith era Falcons. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll have to be upset that the Falcons are the 2 seed! MAN I hate when that happens!!!!

In all seriousness I hate seeing that 2nd half game plan, but it didn't matter. If this were the playoffs we wouldn't play like this. The Saints may have a prolific offense, but there is a reason they aren't in the playoffs. 

Yeah, the second half really took the excitement of the first half and turned it into pure frustration.

We still have the 2 seed. Matt should still take the MVP. Vic is the leading sack artist for 2016. There are still plenty of positives but that second half was putrid.

Edited by Internetallstar

Just now, msjacob25 said:

If you are going to leave Matt in the game at least throw the f'n ball.  Who cares what these bias announcers say. Get him the MVP.  WTF

He got it. It was convincing. If the voters don't see Matt is the MVP then f*ck it. Won the MVP that counts the most. SB MVP. 

Just now, FalconinPA said:

What pisses me off is keeping Ryan in the game and not trying to do anything but hand the ball off. Only 53 yards to 5,000. But the Saints trying hard to pad the stats and gave Ingram the ball until he passes the 1,000 yard mark. Horrible second half coaching

It's like a slap in the face to Ryan. It's not fair not to get him to 5,000. Why do you leave him in but not let him get it?

2 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

What pisses me off is keeping Ryan in the game and not trying to do anything but hand the ball off. Only 53 yards to 5,000. But the Saints trying hard to pad the stats and gave Ingram the ball until he passes the 1,000 yard mark. Horrible second half coaching

You can bet Payton would have had Brees slinging the ball for 50 yards. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

You can bet Payton would have had Brees slinging the ball for 50 yards. 

Not if they were in the playoffs. The one thing about the MVP race is you don't wanna be OBVIOUS you're playing for MVP. He convincingly made his case in the heat of the battle. No need to be obvious 

I'm fine with the way this game ended.  Saints should have just laid down,  3 players got concussions in the 4th quarter.  

Dan is a new head coach.  His prevent defense isn't perfect.  It's still a work in progress.  We came out healthy, we have a bye and our starters played into the 4th so hopefully we won't be rusty.  This game was never in doubt.  The last quarter is only disappointing from a statistical standpoint. 

16 minutes ago, QuinnTorris said:

We will probably win, but this is definitely not the way to go into the post season. Quinn preaches aggressiveness and finishing but today's 2nd half performance was atrocious. The offense only managed 3 dayum points, and the defense gave up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter alone, and it easily could've been 4. Offense, defense, and STs was trash trash trash in the 2nd half. Then you don't even let Ryan get 5k yards but leave him in the game to get hit and hand the ball off. This looked like watching the Mike Smith era Falcons. 

It was horrible to me. After the first half I was relishing watching the game. Not so much now. THOSE penalties, and to punt on 4th and three from the Saint 40 with a 25 point lead?......ah, NO.

SEAL IT. Finish.