To all my native Atlantan Falcon fans 40 and older...

48 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

We went to the Richway on Jonesboro and 285...do you all remember Treasure Island?

Yeah we used to go to that Richway all the time when we were living off of Cleveland Avenue.  I remember Treasure Island.  JCPenny used to own them.  We used to order our school clothes from the JC Penny catalog and pick them up at Treasure Island.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, wizeone said:

No I didn't. I attended English Ave Elementary School, then we moved out to College Park. I graduated high school from M.D. Collins.

I went to MD Collins during its final year of existence.  I loved MD Collins.  I hated that it merge with Feldwood to become Banneker.

53 minutes ago, freakyfalcon said:

Yeah we used to go to that Richway all the time when we were living off of Cleveland Avenue.  I remember Treasure Island.  JCPenny used to own them.  We used to order our school clothes from the JC Penny catalog and pick them up at Treasure Island.

I enjoyed going to Richway....isn't it Target now?

Richway.jpg

I was born at Crawford Long and grew up in Austell. I have been a Falcons Fan since the first season. I can remember going to the Fulton County Stadium from Austell before I-20 was completed....we could go part of the way on 20 but then had to take surface streets.

Wow 51 seasons and still a huge fan.

On 1/5/2017 at 1:42 PM, Theyhateme : ) said:

If I remember correctly, these were windows that allowed the sun to shine in.  It was a beautiful sight on a sunny day.  Their logo was a shining sun.  LOl...

Spot on.  Googled it a bit and several remembered them as skylights.  They always looked enclosed with a louver to me.  Don't remember inside.  

Love the electronics page from 1984.

Edited by cnst
On 1/4/2017 at 11:48 AM, Theyhateme : ) said:

If ANYONE remembers Sears in the West End and on Ponce...you might be "old-school" Atlien...:D...myself included...

23 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

I'm definitely old School. Shopped in both of them! I even remember FWWoolworth 5 and 10 downtown. And rode electric trollies on Gordon Street in West End. 

21 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, I miss that Sears! And the Lionel Playworld, Service Merchandise and Richway on Old Nat'l! 

Anybody remember the old 'Tri-City Plaza where College Park, East Point, and Hapeville all came together? I used to go to the skating rink across the street from there, and the first McDonald's that I remember was right there too. 

Newnan Ga, born in 79. Born into this Falcons Thing. F the past disappointments. I get excited for this team every time they play. We should have went the the SB, and won in the 2012 season . I believe that Ryan is hungry, and were ready to eat. The Cowboys are similar to Hillary Clinton. They think that they have this thing sewed up. Rise Up FAM!!!

On 1/1/2017 at 6:44 PM, stlouisfalcon said:

We are a unique group and know some real pain. This is a potentially historic time (you know why I say "potentially"). I was born in SWATS at Holy Family Hospital and raised in Decatur on McAfee Rd. Where are you from?!?!?

Born at Dekalb General. Grew up on Gresham Road. Played ball at Gresham Park. Eastside all day! 

1 hour ago, fuego said:

All that was my old stomping ground. Riverdale, Jonesboro, Morrow, Forest Park, College park...

My parents moved from Florida to Hapeville when I was four because dad got a job as a meteorologist at the old Atlanta Airport.  When I was 16 they moved to Clifton Springs Rd. in Decatur.  I went to the old St. Joseph's High School near the old Imperial Hotel.  Mom taught at Forest Park High for a while and we shopped at Richway, and before that, at GEX.  We eventually transferred to South Carolina, but I moved back to the ATL as a young man, and bought my first house in Inman Park.  I have lived in six states and two countries since  then, but at heart I am ATL.