To all my native Atlantan Falcon fans 40 and older...

stlouisfalcon

Born in 1970 in Chicago but we moved to Dunwoody in 73. Was a little kid watching Bartkowski, Andrews, Jenkins and been a fan ever since. I was sitting behind the Cleveland dugout when Tom Glavine pitched the shutout in game six to clinch the World Series for the ATL's only world championship.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Born in Tupelo, MS. and was a Saints fan until parents moved to Georgia in 1974.

Grew up in Marietta. Graduated from Sprayberry in 81.

Lived in Macon since 99.

Graduated from Sprayberry in 92

transplant,moved to the ATL area in '87,became a Falcon fan the season they went to the super bowl but let me clarify,BEFORE the season started when Maxim magazine made fun of Chandler calling him Chandelier and fragile and predicted the Falcon's would be dead last.lotsa bandwagon fans that dropped off just as fast.been a fan since then through pride and heartache.I turn 57 in 4 days.

Edited by jimifalcon

Watched the Falcons in 1966 at 6 years old in Savannah, GA (my birth home). My main memories however begin when Bob Berry was quarterbacking a few years later. Been reading these boards for quite some time before really posting. 

Seems to me that this forum is comprised of fans at civil war with each other....the "optimists" vs. the "realists". I think that most of us in this particular thread probably are in the "realists" category after what we've witnessed watching the team over so many years. 

Georgia Baptist hospital 1954........ Midtown kid going to Morningside elementary and Grady HS..... Small stint at BYU...........

Seen the best and worst of the Falcons from the get go................Still love this team and what it has evolved into today......

RocknRoll Falcons

2 hours ago, stlouisfalcon said:

We are a unique group and know some real pain. This is a potentially historic time (you know why I say "potentially"). I was born in SWATS at Holy Family Hospital and raised in Decatur on McAfee Rd. Where are you from?!?!?

Born at the same hospital,  lived in Dixie Hills 4 years before moving to the Swats near Greenbriar Mall. Went to Continental Colony elementary on Hogan Rd, Bunche Middle school off Niskey Lake, Douglass High off Hightower  (Hamilton E Holmes for you younger Atlantans and transplants)!

Edited by kmbutts

55 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

Born 1955, Crawford Long Hispital, Raised in West End, graduated Brown High, Atl, walked to old FulCo staduim to watch Braves and Falcons play ball! 

Never lived anywhere else, other than GA! 

My dad worked in West End at Sears. 

Born in Moultrie GA in 1971 at the old county hospital. Lived in ATL area several times in cities like Morrow, Jonesboro, and most recently Conyers and College Park. Currently in San Antonio TX. I have been a Falcon fan for life and will be one forever. I have been on these boards for awhile, just hardly ever post. 

Edited by SAFALCONS
Had to ad year I was born

I am born and raised in Asheville, NC. I'm not a Georgia resident but I've been a Falcons season ticket member starting in 1984. I hope that qualifies me. 

My dad was born at Grady, and brought me to my first game in 1975. I've lived and died with this franchise for many many years. I should get extra credit for having to live in the heart of a division rival, it ain't easy.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, stlouisfalcon said:

We are a unique group and know some real pain. This is a potentially historic time (you know why I say "potentially"). I was born in SWATS at Holy Family Hospital and raised in Decatur on McAfee Rd. Where are you from?!?!?

I too was born in SWATS at Holy Family Hospital which eventually because Southwest Atlanta Medical center before it closed.  I too was raised in Decatur and spent a few years growing up on McAfee as well.  I'm in Snellville now.

Edited by StmFalconFan

Born in Saigon, 1963.  Pop was one of Kennedy's 'advisors'. 

Moved to South Florida '66, then to Gainesville Georgia in 1968. 

First Falcons game I remember was barely eeking out a win against the Bagheads, 62-7, in 1973.  Watched it on a tiny black-and-white tv.  Been a fan since.

Born in Florida but have lived in Atlanta since I was 8-9 yrs old. I have lived everywhere in Atlanta from Campbellton Road/Delowe Drive to Washington Road, College Park/East Point to Lithonia (Hillandale!) and back 35 plus yrs. 

I bleeds red and black folk believe that. 

Edited by The Vent King