Ga Dome Memories

Sun Tzu 7

In honor of the last regular season game in the Dome.

My first game in the Dome was a game against the Seahawks back when they were still in the AFC. Doug Johnson was starting in the place of Chandler.  

Seahawks got the ball then drove down the field. Falcons got the ball and Johnson threw a pick 6. All of this took about 5 minutes. I'll never forget a guy showed up and said 'It's already 14 nothing?!'

That season let them draft Vick.

My favorite games in no particular order.

Vicks returns against the Panthers

-Vick levitates into the Redzone for the win

Eagles on Monday night to start the season

-Stood for the ENTIRE game along with everyone around me.

Rams Falcons playoff game

-I remember hearing a clip where the Rams radio team said with a defeated voice 'The Falcons are averaging 20 yards a carry.....'

Seahwaks Falcons playoff game

-First time I heard the Dome go 'Roddy Roddy' & the best game I ever saw a TE play. Gonzalez was not going to be denied that day

One game I remember that many overlook Is Christmas Eve 1995. We beat the 49ers to get a Wild card spot. We had just lost to panthers an expansion team the week before. I was heart broken. I wanted to go to playoffs so bad that year. I did not think we had a chance against 49ers. But we pulled off a Christmas miracle 28-27.

I recently cleaned out a storage unit on which I had a few things and found the game program from the last game played in Fulton County Stadium. It was fun reading through it, especially the page titled "First and Dome to GoHawaii that was all about the excitement of starting the next season in the Georgia Dome. 

25 years flew by. 

not sure if this was the first game in the dome or just my first game in the dome but it was in 92 and Favre was resurrecting his career as a Packer. We won. Saw Chandler break records against the Bills, saw the infamous Rison/Sanders fight. Saw Urlacher destroy Vick in their rookie seasons. Saw Vick make magic in 2004. Saw Manning his rookie year and the dome looked like Neyland stadium.

First and last game I saw in the Dome were against the Panthers...Went to the '09 game when Delhomme was the QB and this year saw Matt and Julio make history...excited to be able to go to the playoff game this year also

Edited by mar31985

Creepy Green Bay fans would always say "this is our house", after usually beating us. Then they would say "thanks for coming". Well, they can have this old house now, we will see if they ever have the opportunity to say these words in our new house. They are the most arrogant fans. Then comes NE and the Saints. Seattle fans are disgusting, also!

13 minutes ago, Jailbreak Blitz said:

Crowd was ******* crazy after they barely beat the Seahawks in 2012 playoffs, we took over Northside.

Yeah.  The best times are walks back to the car after a close victory.

I remember that game and a Thursday night victory against Baltimore in the red helmet throwbacks. 'ATL Ho!' That's what they were chanting. Just pure jubilation 

Most of us remember all the memorable action that happened on the field over the years so I'll included a few that I remember from the action in the stands.

I remember sitting around the usually obnoxious Pittsburgh fans in the 90's and seeing one particular belligerent female Steelers fan take one of those Georgia Dome souvenir cups that had to have been filled to the rim with Coca Cola to the side of the head and it literally gave her a Coke shower. lol

My wife once took an orphaned squirrel to a game. :lol: She found it in the yard a couple of days before we left for Atlanta to see the game and we had no one that could watch it for us so she made a little box to slip in her purse and brought it with us...The security guy about had a heart attack when he saw it, but let us in anyway.

The 2012 NFC Championship game is the only football game I ever attended where my ears were ringing for hours afterwards. Loudest crowd I've ever been a part of.