Mike McCoy

Abeasley27

10 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I would tend to think Matt LaFleur would be the #1 candidate for the job, as he's been with Shanahan in Houston, Washington, and Atlanta, and would provide offensive continuity...at least in theory.

I have heard his name tossed around and it makes a ton of sense but I am also of the belief that he will probably go with shanny because of that familiarity. It will allow shanny to work the offense and have someone making the calls that knows what shanny wants called in what situation.

17 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

I would tend to think Matt LaFleur would be the #1 candidate for the job, as he's been with Shanahan in Houston, Washington, and Atlanta, and would provide offensive continuity...at least in theory.

That would be ideal, however if Shanahan does end up being a HC somewhere, I could see him taking Matt LaFleur with him as his OC.

1 minute ago, Nereek said:

That would be ideal, however if Shanahan does end up being a HC somewhere, I could see him taking Matt LaFleur with him as his OC.

If I were LaFluer and the Falcons offered, then I would stay in Atlanta do I could carve out my own success, reputation and credibility as an OC; if he became OC for KS then he gets tagged as a puppet so to speak.

stay here and win Super Bowls while running this O Machine!!! 

3 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

If I were LaFluer and the Falcons offered, then I would stay in Atlanta do I could carve out my own success, reputation and credibility as an OC; if he became OC for KS then he gets tagged as a puppet so to speak.

I agree, and then you become a hc yourself.

5 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

If I were LaFluer I would stay here and take the job where being the OC would be such an easy job with the offense being set up so well and the established QB situation here. However I guess if he takes on a weaker qb situation and flourishes then it'll also add to the resume so I could see the perks of either way.

Edited by Abeasley27

24 minutes ago, AndrewsFrancisBart said:

Much like DQs buddy he left behind in Seattle. The guy stayed to take the D.C. Job vacated by DQ. Being a younger coordinator you'd probably want your first job to be in a stable well ran offense which will eventually lead to a HC job. 

Mike McCoy runs a completely different scheme from WCO. And I do mean completely different. You would have to revamp the offensive line because he runs and man blocking scheme.

No. Not happening. I'm not gonna out words in Quinn's mouth, but he comes off like he values continuity. Can't see him letting the scheme go with Kyle.

13 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

If it isn't LaFleur I could see the Falcons reaching out to Chiefs Assistant OC Matt Nagy. Chiefs run an offensive system somewhat similar to the Falcons, specifically similar in that they employ the zone blocking system.

Blank has a little familiarity with Nagy too since Nagy quarterbacked Blank's Georgia Force Arena League team for a couple of years.

Nagy would make some sense too in that he'd probably always be considered in the shadow of Andy Reid (insert fat joke here) as long as he stayed in KC.

This is something else I was looking for maybe another name of someone who could come in and keep the offense rolling 

49 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Mike McCoy runs a completely different scheme from WCO. And I do mean completely different. You would have to revamp the offensive line because he runs and man blocking scheme.

No. Not happening. I'm not gonna out words in Quinn's mouth, but he comes off like he values continuity. Can't see him letting the scheme go with Kyle.

Agreed. I like McCoy, but we'll try to find another WCO/ZBS coach if Kyle leaves.

Which makes me sad, because I think Rob Chudzinski would be really good here with our personnel.

2 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

Agreed. I like McCoy, but we'll try to find another WCO/ZBS coach if Kyle leaves.

Which makes me sad, because I think Rob Chudzinski would be really good here with our personnel.

I like Chud... heck, I like McCoy.  Either would have been a really good hire a few years ago.  The Erhardt-Perkins system they run is the one Matt started is pro career in, but things are just going too good right now to mess with, and I'm actually excited by the idea of hiring someone in-house.  

Quinn prides his organization on being a developmental coaching staff when it comes to players... why not carry the same philosophy with coaches?

2 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

I think LaFleur is the natural choice unless it's just too enticing for him to follow Shanahan wherever he goes.

While some of us might struggle to come up with OC replacements I'm sure that the Falcons front office and Quinn have a pretty fat rolodex.

Agreed.

The one thing about the Kyle/LaFleur dynamic, though, is Kyle strikes me as the type of guy who would want to continue to call his own plays like his father, and his other mentor, Gruden.  The prospect of being able to stay here with this roster and have autonomy might be too enticing for an up-and-comer like LaFleur.

3 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:

Yeah, wouldn't LaFleur be a shoe-in for the OC job wherever Shanny goes?

I mean, personally I would rather work with Ryan than whatever QB Shanny inherits but who knows what LaFleur wants.

Agree. It would be difficult to believe LaFleur would follow Shanahan to a new gig. He would be The Man here with Matt Ryan and the greatest offense on turf, team moving into a new stadium, a lock to make the play-offs for at least the next four or five years, a better-than-average chance of getting a SB win on your resume during that span. Meh. He ain't going anywhere.  :D

2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Agreed.

The one thing about the Kyle/LaFleur dynamic, though, is Kyle strikes me as the type of guy who would want to continue to call his own plays like his father, and his other mentor, Gruden.  The prospect of being able to stay here with this roster and have autonomy might be too enticing for an up-and-comer like LaFleur.

Exactly. The positives of staying here and being his own man far out-weigh anything more he could get from following Kyle to yet one more team and being his assistant.