January 2017 UGA Recruiting Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

we are trying to flip terrell and blades as you know.  we got blades coming on a visit, but nothing yet on aj.  jamyest is a guy we should take regardless of position imo.  just get him on campus. 

Man, if we could flip not only Jamyest but Terrell too, with Solomon, Bryant, and Warner, that'd be 17 of the top 20 players (19 of the top 25) in GA via the composite. It would be (and still will be regardless but still) the most complete lockdown domination on GA recruiting ever.

Hope Jaden's doing work to get Terrell on our side. Don't know how close they are but...****, that'd be something.

4 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/mystery-uga-target-emerged-week-texas

Love Netori's quote at the end:

Johnson also maintained that he — like most of the Bulldog commits in Texas this week — will not take any other official visits other than their one to Georgia.

“We are all for the G,” Johnson said. “We made that statement to commit to the G and that’s what we have done. There are no other decisions. All of us are not doing anything else.”

I'm like with Sentell. I would love Slaton, but you just can't take em all. We need some more transfers to clear some more room.

We add him, most of our pre-16 OL maybe ought just all transfer.

I have doubts on Jamyest flipping because he probably knows he'd play more at South Carolina. I don't mean that he isn't good enough to play at UGA, it's just more crowded and the talent disparity between the two programs is only getting wider. He'd be more like Ace Sanders there and more like Carlton Thomas at UGA imo... in terms of impact for the team.

21 minutes ago, Carter said:

I have doubts on Jamyest flipping because he probably knows he'd play more at South Carolina. I don't mean that he isn't good enough to play at UGA, it's just more crowded and the talent disparity between the two programs is only getting wider. He'd be more like Ace Sanders there and more like Carlton Thomas at UGA imo... in terms of impact for the team.

In the the interview he states that both programs are recruiting him for the same role, both saying that he can play a Tyrann Mathieu type role.

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

In the the interview he states that both programs are recruiting him for the same role, both saying that he can play a Tyrann Mathieu type role.

He's a very very good player and I'd rather see what he could do as a Dawg than not, that's just my thoughts on how he probably views it. Ace Sanders wanted to play defense, too... that's how Spurrier signed him.

Look at how many current commits UGA has that are rated 90 or higher = 17 (from 247 composite)

The EAST teams

UT = 4

UF = 5

USCe = 5 (Champ not doing to bad versus the rest)

UK = 1

Vandy = 0

MU = 0

Summed = 15 

Two of our annual rivals

Auburn = 8

GT = 1

Now get a good 2018 class and hope Kirby/Chaney can coach.

51 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

<_<

here we go some more....

to combat the same old rhetoric, maybe with an upgraded line it will be for a gain.. :mmmhmm:

You know what the saying is... wish in one hand...

I haven't been critical of very many coaches, but it takes someone special to scheme Nick Chubb into irrelevance and have people convinced he's still hurt. Our OL was bad so Chaney's getting a mulligan. Don't be surprised if the results aren't much different though. He's predictable and lame as a playcaller.

I still can't get over Chubb being a lead blocker on 4th and 1 at the end of the game vs Vandy.

2 hours ago, DawgBone said:

Hope springs eternal!

Chaney's just not a creative play caller. Its as simple as that. 

I'm gonna continue to be an optimist.. also, fairly certain he got a few comments from those around him concerning that so maybe he'll adjust 

2 hours ago, Carter said:

You know what the saying is... wish in one hand...

I haven't been critical of very many coaches, but it takes someone special to scheme Nick Chubb into irrelevance and have people convinced he's still hurt. Our OL was bad so Chaney's getting a mulligan. Don't be surprised if the results aren't much different though. He's predictable and lame as a playcaller.

I still can't get over Chubb being a lead blocker on 4th and 1 at the end of the game vs Vandy.

Yea yea.. I remember that play and it was a bad call.. I also think iMac could have made it if he sold out and dove for the marker.. but yes bad play call... I'm gonna hold out hope that the oline issues and the fact that we had a frosh QB somewhat limited his play calling though..