Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Since1990

2017 In Memoriam Thread

291 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

32-clare-hollingworth.jpg

Clare Hollingworth 105

Journalist who broke news of the start of WWII, sometimes called the "Scoop of the Century"

No joke, when I first saw the picture I thought it was Jane Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies...

3509-m.jpg

Tommy Allsup - guitarist who was hired by Buddy Holly to accompany him on the infamous Winter Party Dance Tour.  Allsup lost a coin toss to Ritchie Valens for a seat on a private plane that crashed, killing Holly, Valens, and J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson.

3 minutes ago, The Kingfish said:

3509-m.jpg

Tommy Allsup - guitarist who was hired by Buddy Holly to accompany him on the infamous Winter Party Dance Tour.  Allsup lost a coin toss to Ritchie Valens for a seat on a private plane that crashed, killing Holly, Valens, and J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson.

Sumbich, I kid you not, I was just talking to one of my guitar buddies last night about Allsup and Waylon Jennings, another one of buddies band mates.  

RIP Tommy,,,say Hey to Buddy for all of us

2c334d2f3503a77582154ee0de9439fb.jpg

Richard Gautier - actor best know for playing Hymie The Robot on GET SMART and a frequent game show panelist.

Edited by The Kingfish

4 hours ago, atl falcon 89 said:

3510820011_4f558b6dea_b.jpg

Michael Bennett's knee

(I know this is terrible sportsmanship but seriously fuq that eye gouger)

I like part of this but I didn't +1 it for fear of bad karma next week, but I get the sentiment though.  

atl falcon 89 likes this

1 hour ago, atl falcon 89 said:

Tits out for Josephine :ninja: 

No more zoo's...if we should still keep them it should be animals looking at people in cages.  

On Thu Jan 19 2017 at 6:23 PM, Nereek said:

miguel-ferrer16662_20110820052910.jpg

Bummer. I just found out today and was going to see if it was posted. RIP Miguel Ferrer 

andy-marte.jpg

Andy Marte- He was the top minor league prospect in the Braves organization several years ago and was being groomed as a possible replacement for Chipper Jones.  But he was traded to the Red Sox in 2005 after Chipper signed a contract extension.

270px-Yordano_Ventura_on_October_8,_2015

It is being reported that Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura was also killed a car accident earlier today. Not sure if it was the same accident that killed Andy Marte.  A sad day for baseball.

Edited by The Kingfish