Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Since1990

2017 In Memoriam Thread

296 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, atl falcon 89 said:

I don't think I want any organ that was a part whatever that dude was probably putting in his body

Were going off on another tangent again WFW :ninja:

The memorial thread is now official

No one would know who the donor is.  You take an organ to survive.  

13 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

What a crying fuggin' shame pity...Why we let this human filth live on the taxpayers teat 45+ years is a real head scratchier...fugg Cali-forn-ia

It's actually more expensive to carry out a death sentence from beginning to end than a life sentence.

Former Alabama Governor Albert Brewer, RIP.  He was a professor at my law school, I took him for Professional Responsibility.  He was a wonderful man and a true gentleman. 

3 hours ago, capologist said:

It's actually more expensive to carry out a death sentence from beginning to end than a life sentence.

I've heard that before and in 1969 compared to today's dollars I am not buying that...sorry Cappy

18 minutes ago, capologist said:

Trial in 69', convict, kill within one or two years after appeals are exhausted and be done with it.  Especially a degenerate like Manson.  Better yet, someone should've Jack Ruby'd his azz while he was being transported in custody.  

57 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Trial in 69', convict, kill within one or two years after appeals are exhausted and be done with it.  Especially a degenerate like Manson.  Better yet, someone should've Jack Ruby'd his azz while he was being transported in custody.  

Problem is the appeals process doesn't work that quickly.  I have other issues with the death penalty in general but as the process currently is, it's cheaper to keep them behind bars :)

Just now, capologist said:

Problem is the appeals process doesn't work that quickly.  I have other issues with the death penalty in general but as the process currently is, it's cheaper to keep them behind bars :)

Understood, but I still think this situation deserved a Jack Ruby incident.  That's practically free if you know what I mean?

capologist likes this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Understood, but I still think this situation deserved a Jack Ruby incident.  That's practically free if you know what I mean?

I've just come to the realization that I'm too scared of killing an innocent person.  Not that there's any chance that Manson is innocent but the problem comes when you have to apply the standard to all convictions.  I'd rather put them behind bars than kill a single innocent person...

Just now, capologist said:

I've just come to the realization that I'm too scared of killing an innocent person.  Not that there's any chance that Manson is innocent but the problem comes when you have to apply the standard to all convictions.  I'd rather put them behind bars than kill a single innocent person...

You understand my post has a vagueness of purple in it, right?  That's just too easy of course and would've saved the country and the families involved less heartache.  

capologist likes this

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

You understand my post has a vagueness of purple in it, right?  That's just too easy of course and would've saved the country and the families involved less heartache.  

Indeed!

19 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We should've done him in and donated his organs to help replace the 7 peoples lives he took, not counting Tate's baby.  The 7 he took away in the Tate-Labianca murders.  

who did he actually kill?

On 1/1/2017 at 0:47 AM, Since1990 said:

Here's a recap of 2016 in one picture...

C01D2WZWQAAMoNL.jpg

Lemmy died in 2015

4 minutes ago, shc said:

who?

Ok, not "proven in a court of law" but it's pretty widely accepted that he killed Gary Hinman, Bernard Crowe and most likely Shorty Shea.

32-clare-hollingworth.jpg

Clare Hollingworth 105

Journalist who broke news of the start of WWII, sometimes called the "Scoop of the Century"

From a single gust of wind, Clare Hollingworth reaped the journalistic scoop of the century.

Ms. Hollingworth, the undisputed doyenne of war correspondents, who died on Tuesday in Hong Kong at 105, was less than a week into her first job, as a reporter for the British newspaper The Daily Telegraph, on that windy day in 1939.

Driving alone on the road from Gleiwitz, then in Germany, to Katowice, in Poland — a distance of less than 20 miles — she watched as the wind lifted a piece of the tarpaulin that had been erected on the German side to screen the valley below from view.

Through the opening, Ms. Hollingworth saw, she later wrote, “large numbers of troops, literally hundreds of tanks, armored cars and field guns” concealed in the valley.

Since1990 likes this